Mittelstadt and Jokiharju Out for ~2 Weeks (Edit: ~2 Months?!)

That Aud Smell

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Yes. Their player should have to sit out an equal amount of time 

you have a weapon in your hand and you illegally swing it hard enough to break a solid piece of material. Sit your ass down.

• Like (+1) 4

I thought I read that the slashes to the hands/wrists were going to be a specific area of focus this season?

Those hacks Casey was taking on that play were so bad that he practically turned around to the ref to be like "WTF?!" And his linemate Minestrone still got a breakaway out of it.

• That Aud Smell changed the title to Mittelstadt and Jokiharju Out for ~2 Weeks
1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wrist slashes happen, it's hockey. 

Depth on this team will definitely be a problem, we knew that going in. How durable some of these young guys are is one of the many questions we still have. 

Butcher likely for Jokiharju, maybe Zemgus goes up to 3C and Hayden comes in on the 4th line? 

R2 in for Mitts.  

• Like (+1) 3

Depends on what is broken... you have 8 bones in your wrist... Scaffoid is most common break... though they could be confusing it with distal radius which is not technically part of the wrist.  They can put a screw in if it need stabilizing... 6-8 weeks seems like a long time... bet he starts shooting again at 4 weeks but doesnt fully feel better til 6 weeks out... if that is truly what is going on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, SDS said:

I think if you slash someone hard enough to break a bone, there should be an equally severe penalty.

This is the end result of the consistently allowed slashing that I can not understand why it’s part of hockey.  It blatantly happens and goes uncalled all the time, and I’m always baffled as to why.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

R2 in for Mitts.  

yep.  have cozens center the skinner line. 

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Depends on what is broken... you have 8 bones in your wrist... Scaffoid is most common break... though they could be confusing it with distal radius which is not technically part of the wrist.  They can put a screw in if it need stabilizing... 6-8 weeks seems like a long time... bet he starts shooting again at 4 weeks but doesnt fully feel better til 6 weeks out... if that is truly what is going on.

Did it get confirmed broken?  Nothing out there on twitter etc. 

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, shoutout to me for getting those names right (?) in the thread topic title.

were not worthy waynes world GIF

4 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

We’re not allowed to have nice things 

Next man up.  Granato has the players that he would like to be able to win with, but he'll win with whatever players he's got.  This is a new team, a new mentality.  No excuses.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

problem this season is there is not a lot of depth on the roster

This is actually kind of funny considering how we were agonizing about which players would be sent to Rochester.  There are a few that are ripe to be called up.  I'm not worried.... yet.

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

Hopefully he stays connected to the team

I heard he's already partying in Boston with some guy named John.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.