Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I would suggest it's not the injuries, everybody gets them, but rather the lack of depth. 

Lack of depth and they couldn't have any injuries as a result... At least they aren't calling up any of the young kids and forcing them into the lineup before they are ready.  Having Mitts and Ollofson out as well as Samuelson who looked like he was ready to play with the big club hurts them with no depth.  I chuckle every time I hear that Ollie has an inflammation issue... sorry you can outlive your teens but not really...

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:
9 hours ago, Eleven said:

So Fucale finally started a game.  Shutout.

It's good to see Fucale playing in the NHL after a long road.  I remember that he was considered a can't miss prospect who was a good bet for the 1st round.  Montreal took him 36th in the 2nd round.  I assume he's an example of why many say picking a goalie high in the draft is sometimes difficult to predict.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Yes we Canadians can now enter the US but must have a test to show we are COVID free to re-enter Canada which is kinda dumb and wil stop a lot of us from coming down to visit our friends to the south. 

Some people still don’t get this. This is (in part) why the arena isn’t full. It’s an added hassle and expense. And many people don’t want to deal with it. It’s why I’m not going to cross the border into Canada. Yet. And I know many people who feel the same. I really miss you Terrence and Phillip types. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Digger said:

It's good to see Fucale playing in the NHL after a long road.  I remember that he was considered a can't miss prospect who was a good bet for the 1st round.  Montreal took him 36th in the 2nd round.  I assume he's an example of why many say picking a goalie high in the draft is sometimes difficult to predict.

The Sabres should have taken him at 8 ...

FUCALE!!

😎

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Taylor Hall on the hot seat in Boston, taken off top PP, benched for awhile and called out by coach, according to announcers on Devils Bruins game now 

Taylor Hall is used to playing on a team that is headed to the lottery by this time of year so he needs to step up his game to bring the Bruins down.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Digger said:

Taylor Hall is used to playing on a team that is headed to the lottery by this time of year so he needs to step up his game to bring the Bruins down.

If I were Arizona, I’d try to swing a trade to get Hall. They need their charm back. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Taylor Hall on the hot seat in Boston, taken off top PP, benched for awhile and called out by coach, according to announcers on Devils Bruins game now 

Really missing Krejci. 

Seems like nobody on that team can score after the "perfection" line. They are a very beatable team right now. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Really missing Krejci. 

Seems like nobody on that team can score after the "perfection" line. They are a very beatable team right now. 

Yep.  If you have a great player to pair him with Hall can be excellent.  But he hasn't shown an ability to drive on his own in a long time (if ever, at this level).

• Like (+1) 1

I was watching the Boston Montreal game tonight and Hall plays good. He does a lot of the right things and is playing that power forward game. Pretty fearless, but seems to have absolutely no finish to his game (although he did get an empty netter in this one). 

McAvoy on the other hand is a beast. Wish we had him.