GDT Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 10/5/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Is it too early to call the Jonson-Fjallby/-Ruotsalainen-Olofsson line The European Union?

Yes it's too early...............but well done with the name.  I like it.  Could also work with Asplund, Ruotsalainen, Olofsson.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Interesting that the Thompson at C experiment continues.

Even before they put him at center, it seemed like he was driving his line more in the preseason.  Not great, but trying.  I think playing center may cure him of not always being active in the game.... when you're center you have to be active all the time.  And more responsible too.  I don't know if he has it him to play center, but I think it's better than trying to make Quinn a center.  Maybe not even full time, but if he's good enough to move over from wing once in a while that wouldn't be a bad thing.

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Even before they put him at center, it seemed like he was driving his line more in the preseason.  Not great, but trying.  I think playing center may cure him of not always being active in the game.... when you're center you have to be active all the time.  And more responsible too.  I don't know if he has it him to play center, but I think it's better than trying to make Quinn a center.  Maybe not even full time, but if he's good enough to move over from wing once in a while that wouldn't be a bad thing.

He might be a good checking center. Bobby Smith style? 

32 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He might be a good checking center. Bobby Smith style? 

Don't know.  Ever since he tore up his shoulder doing something Mites are coached not to do have questioned both his hockey sense & his intelligence.  Not exactly the questions 1 wants when looking at potential Cs.

Expect it's more to see if he can fill in there in a pinch that to actually line him up at C when there are other options.  But if it's being done because there are more than just questions about Cozens being ready to step into that 2nd scoring line C role and actual doubts for the present, then this season just got longer and it isn't even October 14.

And on the BJ's 2nd goal, he was the guy that couldn't stay with the scorer heading into the low slot nor could he use his reach to disrupt control of the puck.  Not exactly Bobby Smith. 😉

43 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Is it too early to call the Jonson-Fjallby/-Ruotsalainen-Olofsson line The European Union?

Two swedes and a finn grow up basically on the same road and body of water and the best we get is "The European Union?"  Holy *****.  Put your back into it or look at a map once in a while.

(cracks knuckles)

R2 Swede2

Bothnia Mafia

The Bottenvikeners

Trans Nordic Express

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I really felt better about our defense heading into season with Samuelson in there. He will be out and then have to spend time in Rochester. Kind of a big loss if you ask me

Right. Because he’s almost our only defense first defenseman that isn’t named Hagg.  Losing Borgen and Risto really depleted guys who can play in our own zone. Save the Risto jokes, at least he was big and hit people.  Dahlin, Joker, Miller, Bryson, Butcher are all offense first leaving Mark Pysyk as our lone defense first guy that’s currently healthy. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Right. Because he’s almost our only defense first defenseman that isn’t named Hagg.  Losing Borgen and Risto really depleted guys who can play in our own zone. Save the Risto jokes, at least he was big and hit people.  Dahlin, Joker, Miller, Bryson, Butcher are all offense first leaving Mark Pysyk as our lone defense first guy that’s currently healthy. 

And when Pysyk's the answer, unless it's the Trivia Q 'who scored buttgoal,' you've asked the wrong darn question.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yup. I had Pysak in the press box first game, but he might need to be in the opening line up now. Get well soon Sam! 

19 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Two swedes and a finn grow up basically on the same road and body of water and the best we get is "The European Union?"  Holy *****.  Put your back into it or look at a map once in a while.

(cracks knuckles)

R2 Swede2

Bothnia Mafia

The Bottenvikeners

Trans Nordic Express

R2 Swede2................well done, love it.

2 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

(cracks knuckles)

R2 Swede2

Bothnia Mafia

The Bottenvikeners

Trans Nordic Express

R2 Swede2 is just too good!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

And McCabe. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.