GDT Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 10/5/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

My takes on the game and preseason:

1. Toker smoked Dell in the preseason
  2. This game was watchable in comparison to the others this preseason, even the shootout was fun
  3. Quinn reminds me of Mitts, not in style of play but he flashes skills but needs time in the AHL to get used to the pro game
  4. I wish we had a much better forward group because Cozens may need some AHL time also plus it would give him JJP and Quinn time to gel because this could be our #1 line in the future and at worst our #2.
  5. A bit disappointed in Bjork this preseason and this game. Didn't expect really good out of him but expected better
  6. Hinostroza may be our best pickup this offseason
  7. I don't really get the disgust with Thompson, he's not a 1st or 2nd liner but he'd definitely be a decent 3rd liner if given some patience
  8. I don't know if he'll get there but Olofsson is trying to be a better well rounded player
  9. Not sure if there's an answer to our Dmen but weak would be an accurate term for them and Granato must have everyone trying out because having Bryson and Pysyk in at the end of that game was a mistake in a 1 goal game that must not be done when the regular season starts. Do we also have anyone on the backend that gives us confidence on the PK??
  10. Ruosto is growing on me and if nothing else the speed of this team is off the charts compared to recent teams. Is there a chance that once some of these guys get used to playing together they can at least make this season entertaining??
  • Like (+1) 6

25 minutes ago, jsb said:
  • A bit disappointed in Bjork this preseason and this game. Didn't expect really good out of him but expected better
  • Hinostroza may be our best pickup this offseason
  • I don't really get the disgust with Thompson, he's not a 1st or 2nd liner but he'd definitely be a decent 3rd liner if given some patience
  • I thought yesterday was Bjork's best game of the preseason.  Earlier I thought he was a total waste of space, he created some room for the Sabres tonight.
  • I agree on Hinostroza.  I said in the thread about him (I think) that he's a glue guy that complements any line you put him on.
  • Considering Thompson hasn't played center as a pro, I was very impressed with his last two games.  He may not be a full time center, but he can add center depth.  I would say the experiment trying him at center was far more successful than with Quinn.  If Granato can do for Thompson what he did for Mitts in terms of confidence, this could be a significant development for the team.
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I think it was some kind of paperwork issue.

Doo!!  (Is that what I am supposed to call you now?  I read that someplace on here).

I was talking about the score.  @Taro T is confused and you are yelping about paperwork.

I still don't know the final score.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Doo!!  (Is that what I am supposed to call you now?  I read that someplace on here).

I was talking about the score.  @Taro T is confused and you are yelping about paperwork.

I still don't know the final score.

Sabres lose.  But WE win as Dell continued to play worse than Tokarski, enough so as to get sent down.  Which isn't much of a win.  A bigger win would've been Dell playing like it was a few years ago, but having the organization's 2 best (and that term is used loosely) goalies on the big club is a minor victory.

5-4 SO for Pens

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Sabres lose.  But WE win as Dell continued to play worse than Tokarski, enough so as to get sent down.  Which isn't much of a win.  A bigger win would've been Dell playing like it was a few years ago, but having the organization's 2 best (and that term is used loosely) goalies on the big club is a minor victory.

5-4 SO for Pens

So Toker is still up here smokin' is good news I think.  He has played pretty well.  So, keep him here until otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.