GDT Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 10/5/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sabres need to be stronger on their sticks especially in D zone... too many times Guins come up with contested pucks.

I can’t wait until Samuelsson and Power are regulars.

We complain about Joki and Ras down low, but Butcher and Pysyk were worse and Bryson was flat out terrible.

The most easily overpowered D corps in the league, and it’s not even close.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We complain about Joki and Ras down low, but Butcher and Pysyk were worse and Bryson was flat out terrible.

And now you know why I didn’t understand the Butcher trade.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And now you know why I didn’t understand the Butcher trade.

It wasn't so much a trade as a Butcher giveaway. NJ sent a 5th with Butcher just to unload his salary (and NJ retained too). It's fine to get a 5th when the plan is to be slight for Wright.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yup. It's fine to have a Joker with the right partner. And on the third pairing: It's fine to have a Butcher, a Bryson, or a Pysyk. You absolutely cannot dress all 3. All another team needs to do is go to the front of the net and hunt for rebounds. The goalies will provide the pucks and the Sabres D will fold under the pressure and be unable to box or push anyone clear.

As much as I’m pissed that we are going to suck hot ass this year, that was a pretty entertaining game.

I just wish that any line could come up with some any semblance of a breakout and make it look like they were capable of setting up any sort of play.

This may be the worst team in the history of teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Preseason almost wrapped up... almost time to invest in ESPN+ and...  well, join the fun that this season will bring.

With the Sabres being this bad, ESPN+ is a must. It’s the only way to be able to watch actual NHL teams playIng some pretty good hockey.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And mind you, I thought Dell was gonna be The Man.

Sorry.  

37 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If Toker plays the whole game they win.  I hope they make the right call and send Dell down.

Also Pitt turned up the heat.  Look at the shot differential in the 2nd and 3rd.  It's not all on Dell, but he wasn't very good either.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.