Sabres Hired Tim Kennedy and Nathan Paetsch as Development Coaches

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Now I’m getting angry.  Have these two served their time with the youth hockey academy...or are they being fast tracked to the land of Pegula-Bucks without serving their penance. 

😂

If they're good at licking boots they'll be co-GMs by the time the 2023 season rolls around. 

• spndnchz changed the title to Sabres Hired Tim Kennedy and Nathan Paetsch as Development Coaches
29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Does anyone have any idea of their qualifications?

I am wondering that as well.

The common thread I could imagine: They are both guys who had long, solid professional careers (I am using that term beyond the NHL, obvi) because they made the absolute most of what they had. Maybe that translates to being good at helping others do the same?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The common thread I could imagine: They are both guys who had long, solid professional careers (I am using that term beyond the NHL, obvi) because they made the absolute most of what they had. Maybe that translates to being good at helping others do the same?

I think you are onto something here, Mr. Smell, or do you still use Judge even though you have retired?

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Typically, the greater your talent, the less able you are to explain what you do and why you do them.

6 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Is there an unwritten rule that we can only hire former Sabres? It’s like a person playing fantasy and only drafting players from their favorite team, but in real life. 

I love it because every Jack hole on the web was always clamoring for all the ex Sabres.  The Sabres were like:

Hold my 🍺

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think you are onto something here, Mr. Smell, or do you still use Judge even though you have retired?

I really just like Smell. Or, as @PASabreFanonce said (typed) during the infancy of my activity here, Smelly.

The Judge Smell stuff was really just for the lulz. We all know that if there were a lawyer on this board who'd serve as judge, it'd be @Eleven. Of course, if he were angry Eleven at that time, he might contemporaneously serve as jury and executioner. 

34 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Typically, the greater your talent, the less able you are to explain what you do and why you do them.

The Gretzky Principle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Does anyone have any idea of their qualifications?

I'm sure they're very koalafied.

Unimpressed Loop GIF

1 hour ago, I-90 W said:

Is there an unwritten rule that we can only hire former Sabres?

It probably has more to do with where they live now than anything.  If they set down roots in Buffalo, why move for a middling job?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.