Updated Sabres Prospect Pool 2021 and beyond

GASabresIUFAN

15 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Been saying this since his first few games with us. Turnover king 

Yeah, he really forces things sometimes.  He is always looking for the great play and sometimes misses the merely good play and turns it over instead.

He definitely needs to get stronger, shoot more, and figure out when to make the safe play vs when to go for greatness.

21 years old.  41 NHL games played.  He’ll be fine.

I get a distinct Tim Connolly vibe from him.

Edited by Curt

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, he really forces things sometimes.  He is always looking for the great play and sometimes misses the merely good play and turns it over instead.

He definitely needs to get stronger, shoot more, and figure out when to make the safe play vs when to go for greatness.

Hes more mike ribeiro imo 

23 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Been saying this since his first few games with us. Turnover king 

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He just needs to shoot more. It's that simple.

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

Three consecutive posts without referencing the person of interest.  

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm with you. I've tried to be better about saying who the "he" is in my posts. Sick of scrolling to play the pronoun game of who is he. 

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, we have to mention his name in every subsequent post?! It was three posts and each one quoted the one before it.

Someone’s lazy today. 

It makes reading easier if every thing after the first post isn't just "he"

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

So, we have to mention his name in every subsequent post?! It was three posts and each one quoted the one before it.

Someone’s lazy today. 

It would be much more efficient if you said “Inky” is lazy today

• Haha (+1) 5

28 minutes ago, NAF said:

Just occurred to me -- because of the whole Russia situation I think we can kiss the majority of last years draft class goodbye. Sucks.

Those players always were going to be ready for the NHL in 2024 at the very earliest.  So in 2024 or 2025 we’ll see what the situation is with whether players can come over from Russia or not.  A lot can change in 3 years, so not much sense in getting too worried about it right now.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NAF said:

Just occurred to me -- because of the whole Russia situation I think we can kiss the majority of last years draft class goodbye. Sucks.

I will take the contrarian view here. It’s no secret that we have scouts working for us in Russia. Now is the time to draft more. I’m sure we can get higher value than last year. Buy low. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, inkman said:

On 3/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, LGR4GM said:

I'm with you. I've tried to be better about saying who the "he" is in my posts. Sick of scrolling to play the pronoun game of who is he. 

On 3/19/2022 at 3:47 PM, SwampD said:

Not sure how much easier it gets than a direct chain of three posts, but I promise to try harder.

Someone should come up with a witty term for this unfortunate circumstance.  

8 hours ago, NAF said:

7 hours ago, French Collection said:

It may set things back a few years but they were all about 3 years from making it over anyway.

Adams mentioned in an interview, that Their Newly Hired Moscow Scout has translated during Skype Meetings between The  Sabres Development Staff, the Russian Prospects and Their Agents. They are keeping in direct contact with all of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:03 PM, French Collection said:

Josh Bloom with 1A and +2 in a loss to the London Knights. Played wing 0/1 on draws.

Olivier Nadeau is shut out and goes -1 vs Sherbrooke. He is a RW but took 16 draws, winning 12.

He was actually a +3 but lost one when the coach decided to pull the goalie when down by two. London scored an empty netter almost immediately. It has got to be frustrating when you are effectively a +3 and your Team still loses by 3 but I guess that is what happens when you play on the 20th place Team in a 20 Team league. Even the Sabres aren't dead last !! I'm shocked that he is still pretty much a point a game player 50+ games into the season.

Edited by Johnny Utah

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.