Updated Sabres Prospect Pool 2021 and beyond

GASabresIUFAN

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Because they only have 1 recall left & about 5 guys in the press box, so the league might buy bringing up UPL on an emergency basis, but not Peterka.

Why would they care at this point? The league let LV keep 15 healthy players on the injured list.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Does anyone know why Stiven Saradyan's elite prospects page has him as a UNH commit for 2023-2024. Shouldn't it be the 2022-2023 season? Is he staying an extra year in the USHL?

Taken from an interview with him last year:

Sardaryan: In the month of May, I signed my contract with CSKA Red Army and signed an agreement with the UNH coach to join the team and enroll at the University of New Hampshire in 2022. We came to a general agreement that before I start playing for UNH and study at the university, I need to spend a year in the United States Hockey League (USHL). It will allow me to get used to the climate, to the terrain, to prepare physically and improve my English.

I want to especially thank the Coaches of the Men’s Hockey team at the University of New Hampshire. Coach Mike Souza and Assistant Jeff Giuliano were very helpful in finding a suitable United State Hockey (USHL) team where I will be spending the next season in the USA before I enroll at the university in Fall, 2022.

He still needs to hit the weights and develop quite a bit before we even potentially see him in Rochester, but I was looking forward to following him in the NCAA next season. Not sure why elite prospects has it reflecting otherwise. I haven't heard anything.

New NHL SHL agreement 

“However, there is one significant change that warrants a closer look.  Under the old agreement, players drafted in the second round or later that are also signed in Sweden had to be at least 21 before they could be sent to the AHL.  If they were younger than that, they had to be returned to their Swedish team.  In the new agreement, that threshold has been increased to 24.  Any player from Sweden who signs an NHL contract will now be subject to the new agreement while anyone that signed before the announcement will be under the old rules.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

New NHL SHL agreement 

“However, there is one significant change that warrants a closer look.  Under the old agreement, players drafted in the second round or later that are also signed in Sweden had to be at least 21 before they could be sent to the AHL.  If they were younger than that, they had to be returned to their Swedish team.  In the new agreement, that threshold has been increased to 24.  Any player from Sweden who signs an NHL contract will now be subject to the new agreement while anyone that signed before the announcement will be under the old rules.

Why draft any Swedish players after the first rd?  What a stupid agreement.

• Like (+1) 5

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why draft any Swedish players after the first rd?  What a stupid agreement.

It only applies to players who are also under contract with an SHL team.  I would think that players with NHL aspersions will be less willing to sign multi year deals with their SHL clubs.

I also wonder if NHL teams will be able to “buy out” existing SHL contracts in order to bring a player over to the AHL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

It's worth mentioning in here that Rousek played well yesterday. The obivous play is that he got the perfect feed from JJ to score the first Amerks goal, but he was also noticeable throughout the game in a positive way. When he first came back from injury, I didn't exactly have a positive outlook on him. In fact, I thought he was awful at first.

I kind of forgot this is his first season in North America, he's coming off ACL surgery (where he wasn't originally expected to play at all this season), and he just turned 23. I am looking forward to seeing how he plays through the rest of the playoffs and next season. I don't expect him to be a superstar, but it should be an interesting storyline nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

It's worth mentioning in here that Rousek played well yesterday. The obivous play is that he got the perfect feed from JJ to score the first Amerks goal, but he was also noticeable throughout the game in a positive way. When he first came back from injury, I didn't exactly have a positive outlook on him. In fact, I thought he was awful at first.

I kind of forgot this is his first season in North America, he's coming off ACL surgery (where he wasn't originally expected to play at all this season), and he just turned 23. I am looking forward to seeing how he plays through the rest of the playoffs and next season. I don't expect him to be a superstar, but it should be an interesting storyline nonetheless.

Coming off of ACL I doubt he has his full wheels back yet either. Kid can fly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterExpat said:

All of this.

Was thinking the same thoughts, along with the idea that he could be in line to be one of next year's top Rochester prospects on a roster that is going to be lacking them.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The T-Birds move on to take on the Blazers. On the Kozak side...  I don't have anything beyond the stats, but we may learn he's dealing with an injury. He was averaging 20+ faceoffs/game in the playoffs as a top-six center. Then in games 6 and 7 (both Portland losses) he took 0 and 6 faceoffs, respectively.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.