Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Thorny

10 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

14. Buffalo Sabres: Matthew Coronato, RW, Chicago (USHL): His style of play will endear teammates and fans alike in this blue collar market.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnets-2021-nhl-mock-draft-predicting-round-1-will-unfold/

If you can't draft for positional need you can't draft for market need. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

If you can't draft for positional need you can't draft for market need. 

I was just throwing it out there. I’m on record taking one of the goalies if available. I know, you are not suppose to do that that but whatever 

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So far Risto isn’t taking shots at Buffalo or the fan base. So no butt hurt feelings right? 😂

Seriously, I wish him well. He was a good soldier for many years.

School and Bullfrog are trashing him as usual. They are clueless 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It has to be.

Honestly I see the Sabres flipping this guy or waiving him and sending him to Roch at some point.

Either that, or some team claiming him off waivers before time runs out.

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So far Risto isn’t taking shots at Buffalo or the fan base. So no butt hurt feelings right? 😂

Seriously, I wish him well. He was a good soldier for many years.

I'll miss him too. He did have a tendency to be really hard on himself. But with all the chatter going on in here, I realized that the handwriting was on the wall and that he'd be leaving town. Having said that, I want nothing but the best for him post-Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YouDigg said:

Risto was a good soldier for us.  I wish him well in Philly.

That said, this is a GREAT trade for us.

Also fully explains why we exposed Borgen and protected Risto.

Sam and Jack are next! 

Agree. I liked Risto and have said before he was undervalued by many here. This trade shows that. Wish him the best unless it's against us.

• Like (+1) 3

I wonder if people are over looking Hagg as part of this deal.  He never developed (or at least hasn’t) offensively as people thought in the 2013 draft, but I think he could become more like McCabe.  He has size, can skate and with Girardi’s help I think he’ll become a solid stay at home D. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I wonder if people are over looking Hagg as part of this deal.  He never developed (or at least hasn’t) offensively as people thought in the 2013 draft, but I think he could become more like McCabe.  He has size, can skate and with Girardi’s help I think he’ll become a solid stay at home D. 

I posted upthread that Philly fans were rejoicing that he was off the Flyers.  I’d set your expectations lower...and not be as disappointed. 😉

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He probably will play this year, we are down Risto and Borgen so there is an opening 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I posted upthread that Philly fans were rejoicing that he was off the Flyers.  I’d set your expectations lower...and not be as disappointed. 😉

I project him as Miller’s partner next season playing 15 minutes per night in a very simple stay at home role.  

43 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I was just throwing it out there. I’m on record taking one of the goalies if available. I know, you are not suppose to do that that but whatever 

School and Bullfrog are trashing him as usual. They are clueless 

Their points were right on 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.