Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Thorny

I love the return but trading our only aggressive experienced d-man kinda makes me think we are trading for the future which is a good thing but if that's the case then we might as well trade both Jack & Sam and continue to build for the future. It certainly looks as if we are re-building and if that is the case we might as well go al in. I was one of the very rare people on here that actually liked Risto and I think we need to get MORE aggressive and physical and trading our only real physical player for me makes me think we are clearly going for youth (which is a real good thing but why keep Jack and/or Sam if we are re-building?).  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I love the return but trading our only aggressive experienced d-man kinda makes me think we are trading for the future which is a good thing but if that's the case then we might as well trade both Jack & Sam and continue to build for the future. It certainly looks as if we are re-building and if that is the case we might as well go al in. I was one of the very rare people on here that actually liked Risto and I think we need to get MORE aggressive and physical and trading our only real physical player for me makes me think we are clearly going for youth (which is a real good thing but why keep Jack and/or Sam if we are re-building?).  

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

lol this WGR caller is hilarious. 

👀 

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I get the point you're making, and while I agree this list isn't really all that accurate/useful. There are plenty of guys drafted after 13 that hit. It's not as simple as saying this 13 = those 13s, or 13s historically are lottery tickets.

So it's not entirely triskaidekaphobia. Or is it? I mean, Dan Marino wore 13 and never won a Super Bowl.

This WGR call is still going on and it reminds me of the Risto counter arguments on this board where Risto's outcomes were never his fault but everyone else. 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Welcome to buffalo aatu raty   my sweet prince 

Aatu-R%C3%A4ty-LiigaFI.png

Definitely a possibility now

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Duncan Keith is 6 years older than Patrick Kane, which is about the same age difference between Eichel and this year's draft class. 

Chicago was able to build a championship team with a significant age difference between their star players.  Why shouldn't Buffalo try to do the same.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Duncan Keith is 6 years older than Patrick Kane, which is about the same age difference between Eichel and this year's draft class. 

Chicago was able to build a championship team with a significant age difference between their star players.  Why shouldn't Buffalo try to do the same.

Well, we did have Eric Staal last season. Brian Gionta was here a few years ago.

Who did you have in mind? Reggie Dunlop?

Edited by Crosschecking
  • Haha (+1) 4

Well, damn... that's a healthy return. This draft is bonkers, so happy with any pick in the top 15.  Thanks, Chuck, hope you just flipped the market for Samson and John (No, I do not care if he prefers "Jack").

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Found on Reddit from a Phlyer fan:  "Hagg's kinda like finding a burnt fry in your onion rings. It isn't good, but it's a nice little addition"

Hah, apt metaphor, I'll take it.

Found on Reddit from a Phlyer fan:  "Hagg's kinda like finding a burnt fry in your onion rings. It isn't good, but it's a nice little addition"

I see lots of healthy scratches on him this coming season.

• Like (+1) 1

God, tonight is going to be fun!  I'm so excited.  Here I was only hoping for a defensive prospect and a 2nd round pick.  We got, a useful bottom pair defensemen, a top 15 selection in this draft, and a 2nd in a deep class in 2023.  Color me enthused, shocked, and if you get the same value out of Eichel, but magnified on a bigger scale.  I will shut the ***** up about Kevyn Adams for the remainder of his stay.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If they walk out of this draft with Power/Eklund/Beniers and Sillinger/Lucius I will be pretty happy

Lucius has a very nice floor, and an even better ceiling.  He was a mid tier list guy for me.  God, if we can end up with Power and Eklund, I might lose my *****. 

Just now, Rasmus_ said:

God, tonight is going to be fun!  I'm so excited.  Here I was only hoping for a defensive prospect and a 2nd round pick.  We got, a useful bottom pair defensemen, a top 15 selection in this draft, and a 2nd in a deep class in 2023.  Color me enthused, shocked, and if you get the same value out of Eichel, but magnified on a bigger scale.  I will shut the ***** up about Kevyn Adams for the remainder of his stay.

Hi, me from fifteen years ago.  Have fun tonight!

PS:  Don't even bother with that one chick from Clarence.  She's not as good as she looks and she'll be a thorn in your side forever when you break up with her.

Signed, future you.

• Haha (+1) 4

Hi, me from fifteen years ago.  Have fun tonight!

PS:  Don't even bother with that one chick from Clarence.  She's not as good as she looks and she'll be a thorn in your side forever when you break up with her.

Signed, future you.

Eleven, that was amazing! 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Well....  

Thanks for your time, Rasmus the Elder! It's a shame the franchise elected to tank around him (and Zadorov) -- thereby forcing him into an NHL job before he'd honed his games, and then switched his coach every other year. I don't think he was ever going to meet his true potential once all that was in place. I'll miss the tenacity and willingness to throw hits with Ovechkin, the fact that he looks like Ivan Drago (or... I guess... Dolph), and that our likelihood of scoring a Rastrick is going to be much more difficult in the future.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Crosschecking said:

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Hagg's remaining contract is considerably lower that Risto's was.

It has to be.

Honestly I see the Sabres flipping this guy or waiving him and sending him to Roch at some point.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If they think Risto can improve that much with a change of scenery there's some team out there that's gotta think Eichel can hit 60g and Reinhart 40g

I think Chuck Fletcher is absolutely correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.