Official Sabres Expansion Protection List

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

We honestly have overrated so many players best one was mark mancari

No one here thought Mark Mancari was worth a thought.

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

buffalo reporters comparing Mikhail Grigorenko to mario lemieux

What?!

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No one here thought Mark Mancari was worth a thought.

What?!

But there was no mistaking him on the ice. The gifted ones always catch your eye. This is an extreme parallel, but as Grigorenko glided along the ice, it reminded me of the first time I saw Mario Lemieux, a big man who skated so effortlessly he barely seemed to be trying.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/grigorenko-deserves-to-go-pro/article_f4197e3d-67d7-59b6-95e5-25d78eb35d41.html

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

In my draft list I plan to release tomorrow, I'm a tease, poor skating really drops you down my list. There's some really talented guys who just can't get around the ice. 

Can you point us at your lists for drafts past?   Say 3, 4, 5 years ago?

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Go to a list of rankings for that draft year and order from shortest to tallest. That’s his ranking.

(I kid, don’t fall out of love with me Liger)

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

But there was no mistaking him on the ice. The gifted ones always catch your eye. This is an extreme parallel, but as Grigorenko glided along the ice, it reminded me of the first time I saw Mario Lemieux, a big man who skated so effortlessly he barely seemed to be trying.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/grigorenko-deserves-to-go-pro/article_f4197e3d-67d7-59b6-95e5-25d78eb35d41.html

If that's what you'e got, I'm done.  Actually, were I wiser, I would have been done much earlier.  I don't know where you came from, but I don't think you're bringing a lot here.

• Thanks (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2020-moms-basement-stakes.2769630/

if you want the raw list pi, I might be able to dig them up, Mom only shows the results. I think liger does 1 or 2 drafts, certainly 2018, and I think another

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

In my draft list I plan to release tomorrow, I'm a tease, poor skating really drops you down my list. There's some really talented guys who just can't get around the ice. 

It's great to get your list, I'm not convinced focusing on skating will work, but we'll know more in 3 or 4 years. In the past our draft boards have been pretty close to identical, it's good there will be more divergence this year.  I look at Pronman and Button each year and think, What are they thinking, then 3 years later for each it's How'd they do that?

10 hours ago, rakish said:

It's great to get your list, I'm not convinced focusing on skating will work, but we'll know more in 3 or 4 years. In the past our draft boards have been pretty close to identical, it's good there will be more divergence this year.  I look at Pronman and Button each year and think, What are they thinking, then 3 years later for each it's How'd they do that?

Skating isn't just good or bad. I'm talking guys who are far below average and legit have mobility issues. 

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

@rakish I think has all of them

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think Tage uses his length very well for stripping pucks.

I also think it’s weird that some  of the same posters who think 23-year-old Tage Thompson has reached his ceiling after three pro seasons in the Sabres organization also think 24-year-old Will Borgen can still be a top-four NHL defencemen after three pro seasons in the same organization.

(wrong thread?)

Probably because of a key piece of info missing from this post - hockey sense is the most important trait of all. Tage has never really looked like he has it. Borgen has never looked like he doesn't 

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/19/2021 at 6:23 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I go for a 2 hour hike in the beautiful NS nature with the *mist rolling in from the sea* (oh, my ... 😎 ... shout out to @steveoath !!) and all heck breaks out in this thread.

What in the blazes is going on here?

It's worse than that boiling hot summer of '77 with Son of Sam on the prowl!!!!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

It's something you do in nhl21 to your friends but it works lol 

The way you score goals in this game hasn't changed in 2 decades. 

I broke Gretzky's 215 mark with Eichel

I broke it with Briere

I broke it with Satan 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

The way you score goals in this game hasn't changed in 2 decades. 

I broke Gretzky's 215 mark with Eichel

I broke it with Briere

I broke it with Satan 

I never figured it out. Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I haven't upgraded from 19 yet (ps4) as I'm waiting on the big roster moves. But yes, we shall play. 

Jesus, I have NHL 15 on Xbox 360, it's the last year they made before the new console and I'm old 😂

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

image.png.b238a4c1ad05e3fb0d5632b1a78384c3.png

This is in a box in my basement. You could make little Wayne's head bleed but it wasn't so much me as it was Roenick. He's good. Kudos to you if you get that reference.

Vince says hello.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.