Official Sabres Expansion Protection List

Brawndo

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

We can still trade for one yet by protecting Ullmark he's showing the team does want him back. That said I'd talk to Seattle about taking Ben Bishop and offering them one of our three 2nd rounders for him.

Empty gesture which means absolutely nothing. They already talked contract end of the season, they tried to sign him then, he decided to test free agency. Protecting him here isn't going to warm his heart and convince him to stay. If you wanted that ben Bishop trade you do that before this protection list, you make the deal and you protect him. Personally I'm not up on Bishop's status. Doesn't he have injury issues? Regardless, a draft picks for a goalie deal should have come before, not after, the expansion lists. We had an open spot. It's a fail. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bjork is the kind of player that exemplifies the Granato Sabres. Always attacking. You have a young team? Use that youthful endurance to your advantage and always be pressuring your opponent. 

How is Bjork a player that is always attacking any more than anyone else was under Granato? And what does that mean? Not playing defense at all? He certainly wasn't an "always attacking" player in Beantown. 

16 hours ago, rakish said:

Forgot about McCabe, losing McCabe here is possible

What is going on with McCabe. Before he got injured I thought he was having a very strong year. Any update on his injury and contract. Would hate to lose him to the Sea Monsters!

21 minutes ago, steveoath said:

McCabe, Rieder, Sheahan, Caggiula, Irwin, Hutton, Ullmark.

Thanks, but we protected Ullie, so he doesn't count, right?

Our pickins are pretty thin, so maybe Seattle will take Sutton as a big thank you, but ***** you Sabres?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
my typing will never be goodly enough ...

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

How is Bjork a player that is always attacking any more than anyone else was under Granato? And what does that mean? Not playing defense at all? He certainly wasn't an "always attacking" player in Beantown. 

Just watch him. He aggressively forechecks on almost every shift. Causes turnovers that lead to chances. That is what I expect the Sabres to be next year. 

And what he was in Boston doesn't really matter here because Donnie is retooling players skill sets.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

So you're saying it wouldn't be possible to go from a 17.2 goal place this year, with limited usage under Krueger, to 20 goals next year?

Yes thats exactly what I'm saying i remember this one time Luke Adam was the next big thing .

Guy has the worst decision making I have ever seen 

24 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes thats exactly what I'm saying i remember this one time Luke Adam was the next big thing .

Guy has the worst decision making I have ever seen 

Luke Adam never was "the next big thing."

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Luke Adam never was "the next big thing."

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Really people went crazy when he was with Pominville and vanek or did you forget ? 

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No.

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Luke Adams had 6 points in his first 4 games with Vanek ,Pominville  ended up with 20 points in 32 games and made the NHL all-star team .

Good times 

I remember people very hyped for Adams as well.

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.