Official Sabres Expansion Protection List

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You can call him a rookie all star the nhl still made the  Decision to bring him in and he wasn't a replacement 

You were trying to claim he was an all star then when you got exposed you tried changing it to “rookie all star.” Your shtick is getting old.

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Certainly an odd flame out. Wonder what happened. 10G 10A to start a season then only 2 more points the rest of your life and you can barely sniff the show.

Had ridiculous puck luck to start that season (probably due to the adrenaline rush of being on a top line out of the gate in his rookie year and lucking into actually being on the score sheet in game 1) and then when he was finally taken off the 1st line came back down to Earth never did anything again.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

You were trying to claim he was an all star then when you got exposed you tried changing it to “rookie all star.” Your shtick is getting old.

Guy he had 20 points in 32 games and was on the all star team he was playing with other NHL all star players.

Isn't like he was on some rookie team vs rookies 

He was in the hardest  Shot competition with Chara ( that's a huge  Accomplishment)

Anyways he's a bust 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok he had the honor to be  Selected by the NHL for his season .

The whole point of this is  "He was a big deal at that time" 

Ok.  Fair enough.

Full disclosure, I have absolutely no recollection of Luke Adam, lol.  That season I was 24 years old, the Sabres were not particularly good, and I obviously had better things to do.

5 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For reference here are the guys who were part of that NHL Rookies group at that AS Game

Luke Adam, Adam Henrique, Craig Smith, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Sean Couturier, Justin Faulk, Adam Larsson, Colin Greening, Cody Hodgson, Ryan Johansen, Gabriel Landeskog, and Matt Read.

And we trade for him and boom ruined 

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Ok.  Fair enough.

Full disclosure, I have absolutely no recollection of Luke Adam, lol.  That season I was 24 years old, the Sabres were not particularly good, and I obviously had better things to do.

I was old and still old lol.

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Guy he had 20 points in 32 games and was on the all star team he was playing with other NHL all star players.

He was in the hardest  Shot competition with Chara ( that's a huge  Accomplishment)

Anyways he's a bust 

Wait.  He wasn’t on the all star team.  He didn’t play with other all stars.  He didn’t play at all.

Do you seriously not get the difference between being an NHL all star and playing in the all star game, as opposed to being part of some promotional rookie side act during all star weekend?

Edited by Curt

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Luke Adams had 6 points in his first 4 games with Vanek ,Pominville  ended up with 20 points in 32 games and made the NHL all-star team .

Good times 

It's Adam, not Adams; he was not on an NHL All-Star Team or even in an all-star game (these are different); and even if he had been, it would not mean that most Sabres fans saw him as the next star player (or whatever verbiage you used earlier)--most of us didn't.  I was on this board back then, too, and I do not remember a huge amount of enthusiasm for Luke Adam.

The biggest discussion we ever had about Luke Adam here was when Ruff tried to murder him during a practice.

Edited by Eleven

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

Wait.  He wasn’t on the all star team.  He didn’t play with other all stars.  He didn’t play at all.

Do you seriously not get the difference between being an NHL all star and playing in the all star game, as opposed to being part of some promotional rookie side act during all star weekend?

He was on team  Chara for the hardest  Shot and the  Break away challenge with other nhl stars 

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Anyways he's a bust 

He wasn’t an all star and he wasn’t on an all star team with other all star players. He was on an all rookie team. Your original point about Luke Adam was correct but got derailed by this strange attempt to label him an all star.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

He was on team  Chara for the hardest  Shot and the  Break away challenge with other nhl stars 

They have celebrities play in certain NBA All Star events does that mean they’re nba all stars?

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's Adam, not Adams; he was not on an NHL All-Star Team or even in an all-star game (these are different); and even if he had been, it would not mean that most Sabres fans saw him as the next star player (or whatever verbiage you used earlier)--most of us didn't.  I was on this board back then, too, and I do not remember a huge amount of enthusiasm for Luke Adam.

I find that's hard to believe I was in buffalo and WGR callers said we found our franchise center buffalo media was sucking this kid up after his 6 points in 4 games 

• Like (+1) 1

@Buffalonill -- When someone corrects your factual assertions, you need to check your facts and you absolutely need to stop wasting everyone's time.  He wasn't an all-star and he didn't play in the all-star game.  He was selected for some rookie skills competition.  Those are 2 different things.  Claiming late afternoon is the same as midnight or 2+2=5 isn't good hockey talk.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He wasn’t an all star and he wasn’t on an all star team with other all star players. He was on an all rookie team. Your original point about Luke Adam was correct but got derailed by this strange attempt to label him an all star.

They have celebrities play in certain NBA All Star events does that mean they’re nba all stars?

NBA is different but ok 

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

@Buffalonill -- When someone corrects your factual assertions, you need to check your facts and you absolutely need to stop wasting everyone's time.  He wasn't an all-star and he didn't play in the all-star game.  He was selected for some rookie skills competition.  Those are 2 different things.  Claiming late afternoon is the same as midnight or 2+2=5 isn't good hockey talk.

He wasn't in a rookie skill  combination it was NHL vets .

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok.  He “played” in a skills competition with NHL all stars as part of some rookie gimmick the NHL did one year.

Sorry to press so hard on this, but your insistence on calling him an all star even though he wasn’t an all star is borderline bad faith arguing.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ok.  He “played” in a skills competition with NHL all stars as part of some rookie gimmick the NHL did one year.

Sorry to press so hard on this, but your insistence on calling him an all star even though he wasn’t an all star is borderline bad faith arguing.

Yeah I'm done talking about this people are going to think ( I think he's a star which he's not ) 

He was a top scoring rookie before he couldn't score a single point after his hot start .

But he was Labeled the next top line center.

Anways we can drop it 

Edited by Buffalonill

I think Tage uses his length very well for stripping pucks.

I also think it’s weird that some  of the same posters who think 23-year-old Tage Thompson has reached his ceiling after three pro seasons in the Sabres organization also think 24-year-old Will Borgen can still be a top-four NHL defencemen after three pro seasons in the same organization.

(wrong thread?)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I have to be crazy did someone  Photoshop Luke Adam ? 

luke-adam-of-the-buffalo-sabres-signs-an

It could be him, but maybe not.  It doesn't really look like him to me.

He was an AHL All-Star and then he left for Germany.

No one really thought he was going to be anything much.  The Sabres gave up on him early on and so did CBus.

He is on his second team in Germany now.

50 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

We honestly have overrated so many players best one was mark mancari

Stop it.  Just stop it.

No one has overrated any of the players that you have suggested that we have.

32 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It could be him, but maybe not.  It doesn't really look like him to me.

He was an AHL All-Star and then he left for Germany.

No one really thought he was going to be anything much.  The Sabres gave up on him early on and so did CBus.

He is on his second team in Germany now.

Stop it.  Just stop it.

No one has overrated any of the players that you have suggested that we have.

That’s Luke Adam he just wasn’t an all star.

He’s right, though. This fanbase was going bananas for Luke Adam and wondering if I remember correctly there was a lot of talk about what an extension would look like when he was on his run. There was always questions about his slow skating, though.

I do remember some mild excitement about Mancari.

Just now, Hoss said:

He’s right, though. This fanbase was going bananas for Luke Adam and wondering if I remember correctly there was a lot of talk about what an extension would look like when he was on his run. There was always questions about his slow skating, though.

In my draft list I plan to release tomorrow, I'm a tease, poor skating really drops you down my list. There's some really talented guys who just can't get around the ice. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I go for a 2 hour hike in the beautiful NS nature with the *mist rolling in from the sea* (oh, my ... 😎 ... shout out to @steveoath !!) and all heck breaks out in this thread.

What in the blazes is going on here?

I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur (for Luke Adam). 

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In my draft list I plan to release tomorrow, I'm a tease, poor skating really drops you down my list. There's some really talented guys who just can't get around the ice. 

Looking forward to it. If it's too cold for speeders you take tauntauns. If your tauntaun dies... you're in trouble. Gotta be able to skate well enough to make an impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Let's not forget our buffalo reporters comparing Mikhail Grigorenko to mario lemieux.lol

Aint gonna lie I thought we landed a superstar in Grigorenko what a sucker I was 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.