Columbus Blue Jackets Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at Age 24

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Columbus Blue Jackets Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at Age 24
30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Autopsy showed he died of blunt force trauma when he was struck in the chest with a firework 

Not to make light of a tragic situation, but I foresee a thorough investigation.

WTF....One really has to consider who they are near at a 4th of July party. Amateurs cause so many needless injuries and deaths (mostly self inflicted), ask anybody who works in an Emergency Room.

I'm sure many have witnessed the stupidity of a individual and their "what can wrong?" attitude.... but taking someone else's life because you want to show off is negligent.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Whoever shot that mortar off will have to live with it the rest of their life.

I said the same.  My son replied, “don’t assume it wasn’t accidentally self inflicted.”  He’s not wrong.

What a tragedy. Fireworks are often not given the respect they should.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I said the same.  My son replied, “don’t assume it wasn’t accidentally self inflicted.”  He’s not wrong.

What a tragedy. Fireworks are often not given the respect they should.

Very dangerous. My son is trained and licenced in NYS for this and did it for many years (Doesn't do it anymore now that he is married and is a father). If you have gone to fireworks show in WNY you have probably seen a show he was involved in. My wife and I were never thrilled with the idea of him doing that because of the danger factor. He'll be the first to tell you there are so many things that can go wrong for professionals let alone the amateurs. 

37 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Very dangerous. My son is trained and licenced in NYS for this and did it for many years (Doesn't do it anymore now that he is married and is a father). If you have gone to fireworks show in WNY you have probably seen a show he was involved in. My wife and I were never thrilled with the idea of him doing that because of the danger factor. He'll be the first to tell you there are so many things that can go wrong for professionals let alone the amateurs. 

When I was a dumb kid growing up on the east side, we used to set off M80s for yucks. Looking back I'm lucky I don't lose a limb.

Now I live in NH where fireworks are legal (Live Free or/and Die!) We have a superstore in our town. Every year the neighbors chip in for a private show on our cul de sac. Kids running around. Not the smartest move. Lucky this weekend was a monsoon so no boom boom.

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

I really hope that “fireworks malfunction” isn’t a euphemism.

I’m guessing the Associated Press isn’t going to publish something so insensitive and flippant. 

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's tragic but fireworks and hot tubs................have to think a considerable amount of alcohol might be involved in this as well. At least for someone involved. 

Doesn’t change anything 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.