2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

They take over the arena and chant a soccer song as the bounce us from the playoff race. I'm not saying their bad people, but I don't like the team from that. If I'm rooting for a Canadian team it's Vancouver or Calgary hands down.

Sure, but if you lived closer to Vancouver or Calgary their fans may likely do the same thing.  Just like Bills fans will show up in another stadium and break all the tables at Staples and then chant like maniacs. 🙂

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Of course I have.  I've also been in majority-Sabres-fan crowds in other cities.  

I figured you have. I don't expect those fans to like us either if we take over a stadium.

Just now, LTS said:

Sure, but if you lived closer to Vancouver or Calgary their fans may likely do the same thing.  Just like Bills fans will show up in another stadium and break all the tables at Staples and then chant like maniacs. 🙂

Oh I would, don't get me wrong. Again I don't blame Montreal fans for coming over to watch the game, especially with their prices, but I don't like the team either. I'm a very petty sports fan, I really don't like any team that isn't ours.

If the Sabres were out of the league I'd be a Blackhawks or Canucks fan.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember when the Sabres beat the Canadiens in a best of five and ... Sauve? .... had back to back shutouts. 

I may misremember that a bit. Anyway: It was AWESOME. My childhood memory is that the Bills couldn't beat the Dolphins and the Sabres couldn't beat the Canadiens. Until they both did, in meaningful ways.

Oh for the days when Buster Barnett blocked that field goal in the Orange Bowl.

Anyway, I'm with those who harbour a special fondness for the Canadiens. 

Of course, I feel similarly about the Leafs 

Avoid Spider Man GIF

(although not as strongly)

7 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

GO HABS!!

I really am beginning to think that this is their year.

Reminds me of '93 when no one gave them a chance and Roy was just lights out, especially in all those OT games, 3 of which were in the sweep of the Sabres, if I recall correctly.  That was the 'May Day' playoff.

They just walked through a terrible division. I’d be surprised if they even sort of compete with the winner of Colorado/Vegas

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

I can't hate Montreal and never could.  I don't have a second-favorite, but if the Sabres were to be suddenly vaporized or something (if that hasn't already happened), I'd be a Habs fan.

Rangers for me. Hockey is the only sport where my dad and I don't have the same team. Of course, the sabres weren't a team until long after he was a ranger fan.

7 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

So how is the conference finals going to work with a canadiens team vs an American team? Is it now neutral site for all teams? 

No, the Canadian government caved and will allow hockey players in for playoff games with no obligation to quarantine.  I cannot imagine this happening had the Jets or Oilers advanced.

Edited by Eleven

14 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

So how is the conference finals going to work with a canadiens team vs an American team? Is it now neutral site for all teams? 

"In addition to NHL's COVID Protocol, NHL players and personnel will have to abide by all local public health rules," Mendicino said. NHL players and staff will travel into and out of Canada via private plane and be subject to daily COVID-19 testing.

“The National Hockey League is very appreciative of the decision by the Canadian government and the Federal health officials to allow the Canadian team that advances to the Stanley Cup Semi-Finals and, potentially, the Final, to host games in their own rinks," deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a statement.

"As we did during our Return to Play last August and September in the Edmonton and Toronto bubbles and throughout the 2020-21 regular season, we have again worked closely with PHAC, and the provincial and municipal health authorities to develop a series of strict protocols that will protect the safety of all concerned.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.