2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

And here come the refs to try and make it a closer game. The make up calls are ridiculous.

LOL. This has to be the most biased one sided comment I've ever seen on a hockey site. Without the help of the refs tonight Bruins would have won this easily. They were by far the better team, but when you get the refs on your side and your goalie makes some huge stops you get to steal a win, even in Beantown. 

Bruins won't quit in game 6, but unless they get more luck and better calls Isles will be the team to go on and lose in the next round. 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

LOL. This has to be the most biased one sided comment I've ever seen on a hockey site. Without the help of the refs tonight Bruins would have won this easily. They were by far the better team, but when you get the refs on your side and your goalie makes some huge stops you get to steal a win, even in Beantown. 

Bruins won't quit in game 6, but unless they get more luck and better calls Isles will be the team to go on and lose in the next round. 

Based on my calculations, all Boston teams are due for about 189 seasons worth of ***** calls.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Boston HC whining about how he didn't get the calls......Really?....WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!! Pardon me for a moment while I puke 🤮, because we all know that Boston is never favored with calls from the Refs when the chips are down. Sabres fans have never witnessed anything like that when we play them. 

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch......

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Obviously you didn't watch the first period. Boston's first goal came right after a two handed slash by Marchand on Beauvilier that let his get the puck to Pastrnak to score. Then 6-7 mins later Ritchie blatantly elbowed one of the Islanders who was on his knees when he skated by him. Again no call. In no way was this game officially biased. Both teams got some calls and plenty were not called. Officiating is terrible everywhere. But since Boston lost at home because the Isles went 3/3 on the PP, they somehow got the officials on their side. Give me a ***** break!! And Bruce Cassidy is the last coach in the league that should whine about officiating. It didn't go your way.....waa waa waa. Go tan some more you beat off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Obviously you didn't watch the first period. Boston's first goal came right after a two handed slash by Marchand on Beauvilier that let his get the puck to Pastrnak to score. Then 6-7 mins later Ritchie blatantly elbowed one of the Islanders who was on his knees when he skated by him. Again no call. In no way was this game officially biased. Both teams got some calls and plenty were not called. Officiating is terrible everywhere. But since Boston lost at home because the Isles went 3/3 on the PP, they somehow got the officials on their side. Give me a ***** break!! And Bruce Cassidy is the last coach in the league that should whine about officiating. It didn't go your way.....waa waa waa. Go tan some more you beat off.

Disagree entirely, but then I don't have the Boston hatred you have. Cassidy was right. 

First period they let more go BOTH ways and it was a great period. The power plays took a bit off the game imo. They called some pretty ticky tacky crap on the Bruins and took away the flow of the game and of course the PP goals turned it around for the Isles. 

isles got away with tons. No point in comparative lists cause you just hate the Bruins and it clouds your vision. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Habs v Jets just does not have the intensity of the other match ups.   

Could it be the effect of  no fans?  

Could it be the lax play of the Jets thus far?  

Could it be the teams are not as good?  

I am totally confused by the play of the North. Could Montreal actually be the best team? At the start of the playoffs I woulda said hell to the no. Either way, the Cup ain't got a chance to go back to Canada this year. Montreal, most likely, will get stomped by any team below the border.

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Disagree entirely, but then I don't have the Boston hatred you have. Cassidy was right. 

First period they let more go BOTH ways and it was a great period. The power plays took a bit off the game imo. They called some pretty ticky tacky crap on the Bruins and took away the flow of the game and of course the PP goals turned it around for the Isles. 

isles got away with tons. No point in comparative lists cause you just hate the Bruins and it clouds your vision. 

Doesn't matter if you love or hate the Bruins. It is impossible to call games "evenly". It can't be done and shouldn't be done.

Cassidy is a chump for complaining about it, if you really are the big bad Bruins of the past, go out and win the next two games and prove you are better.......but quit whining its unbecoming

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Stop drinking dude. I hate a lot of teams. The Bruins do and always have gotten the benefit of the doubt. Because the Bruins PK got smoked tonight everyone is whining. Pitt gets away with more than the Bruins and I complain about them just as much. And believe it or not, Mario Lemiuex (Pens owner) is my favorite player of all time. But his team gets treated with kid gloves, just like Boston and Toronto. Could even add the Rangers. 

49 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

No penalty called, but only cause I hate the Bruins, lmao.

How about the full two hander by Marchand right before the goal? Again, no penalty. 

Edited by Claude Balls

5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

No penalty called, but only cause I hate the Bruins, lmao.

How about the full two hander by Marchand right before the goal? Again, no penalty. 

Unfortunately there are a few Sabres “fans” that also love the Bruins 😂

Edited by Zamboni
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

If that’s the case, it would be nice if they just jumped ship already. I hear the Bruins forums are really nice and welcoming 😂

My ex-wife and her whole family are Bostonians and I can assure you they are such reasonable people, 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Taro T said:

Last team to get to the 2nd round is the 1st through to the Semis.

Wonder if Petry will be good to go by the time Vegas/Avs has decided an opponent.

Petry's hand has been treated and he is good until the end of the playoffs; he may have surgery after.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, KC Scouts said:

I think the Sabres could have beat Winnipeg...geez they were awful. 

But the Habs keep beating whoever is in front of them, so good on them.

Had the league shut down 1 day later last year, it could've been Buffalo in & the Habs looking in.  Now 14-1/2 months later the Habs are in the Semis (via the easiest ride in years, but still) & the Sabres are imploding.

Just now, Taro T said:

Had the league shut down 1 day later last year, it could've been Buffalo in & the Habs looking in.  Now 14-1/2 months later the Habs are in the Semis (via the easiest ride in years, but still) & the Sabres are imploding.

Don't get your hopes up....They'll get the ***** kicked out of them next round

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Montreal is gonna get steamrolled in the WCF 

Steamrolled to me reads as swept. I think there’s a chance they win 2 maybe even 3. But they will ultimately lose the series.

keyword … chance 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Steamrolled to me reads as swept. I think there’s a chance they win 2 maybe even 3. But they will ultimately lose the series.

keyword … chance 

I think if they do scrape a couple wins together they're gonna be ugly and Price is going to be doing a lot of work. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.