2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Jack's way better. Islanders probably could probably make it this far without Barzal - now think of what we've been asking Jack to do, the roster he's had around him. Now Barzal is a "better leader"....

Can u imagine the beating Jack is going to take in the playoffs?

Just now, Thorny said:

no

Right but he will definitely get his ass kicked. Him and Samson. People think Sam falls alot now wait till he's taking cross checks to the neck and crumbling to the ice a couple times a shift lol 

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Well, you do have to be healthy to play in the playoffs. And he most likely won't see the playoffs in a Sabres uniform. 

Maybe not. I'm just imagining a little. I'm not on shrooms tonight, just a little high. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm talking about Eichel 

I think what hurts Eichel with the fan base is his end of season interview.  Why not talk about the team and be excited for the improved play of the young guys under Granato and talk about spring boarding that next year?  

Instead it was all about Jack and the “disconnect”.  I get it, the team around him sucks but he really comes off poorly.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not sure about that. Martin, Clutterbuck, they may try to goad Marchand or somebody. That could lead to an issue. Being up a game they might play looser and throw some hits around. The home ice thing don't mean much to two teams that play all games like road games. 

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

First Chara, now Krejci. Next Bergeron. Bruins are about to fall apart. 

Indeed, though if they keep finding guys like McAvoy they'll be in good shape. Some good young talent there still. Maybe not enough to compete if they keep losing meaningful vets, though.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Really hate to see it.😂

Just another point that our owner is even further off-kilter with reality that he thought Taylor ("My claim to fame is that I help teams get #1 picks and have never done anything of note in the playoffs") Hall made us a contender, and OK'ed $8M, and our GM allowed a NMC to a guy who wanted top salary but just wants to be a second fiddle and not a leader (who makes that range of salary). These are the people in charge of our team. He faded when it got real, just like he faded for us. I hope Boston signs him to Krejci's deal + 50%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Just another point that our owner is even further off-kilter with reality that he thought Taylor ("My claim to fame is that I help teams get #1 picks and have never done anything of note in the playoffs") Hall made us a contender, and OK'ed $8M, and our GM allowed a NMC to a guy who wanted top salary but just wants to be a second fiddle and not a leader (who makes that range of salary). These are the people in charge of our team. He faded when it got real, just like he faded for us. I hope Boston signs him to Krejci's deal + 50%.

Seeing as he's been in only 3 playoffs during his career I can't exactly be angry that the Pegula's couldn't look into a crystal ball and know how Hall would play in a regular playoff series.

Hall got us a 2nd-rounder we will put to good use soon, helped the Bruins get kicked in the teeth in the playoffs and worked his magic to give us 1st overall.

All in all, the most successful acquisition of an overpaid, lazy failure in Sabres' history.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Hall got us a 2nd-rounder we will put to good use soon, helped the Bruins get kicked in the teeth in the playoffs and worked his magic to give us 1st overall.

All in all, the most successful acquisition of an overpaid, lazy failure in Sabres' history.

🤣

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I think our Sabrespace brethren were reasonable with responses.  

There were a few games in this series that I thought Barzal carried them, and he is cool about it too.  He is going to get better.  

Must really haunt Sweeney since he could have drafted him 🙂

54 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Bruins aren't going to sign him to more than the members of the so called perfection line. If he wants more than Marchand they will say thank you for your time enjoy your next team. 

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

He didn’t fade for us, as he only ever clocked-in to collect his paycheck.

Bye bye Hall, you worthless hack.

Congratulations on that signing Kim and Terry - Thank god “you know stuff”, you’d have me worried otherwise 😳😱🤯

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Must really haunt Sweeney since he could have drafted him 🙂

Bruins aren't going to sign him to more than the members of the so called perfection line. If he wants more than Marchand they will say thank you for your time enjoy your next team. 

Please please god, let them sign him.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

And in the most piece of bizarre logic I’ve ever seen, you are 100% correct.

I still can’t stand him though, is that ok? 😂😎

4 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I could really give a rats fat ass who wins the Cup now, just as long as Toronto, Pitt and Boston are out. I'm pulling for Vegas first, Colorado second. I know people don't like how Vegas was built as an expansion team, but I love how they've been very competitive since then. The Pegula's should take notice. What Vegas has done just magnifies how stupid the Pegula's are as hockey people.

But at least they realise how clueless they are.

Oh…. Wait…..

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I think what hurts Eichel with the fan base is his end of season interview.  Why not talk about the team and be excited for the improved play of the young guys under Granato and talk about spring boarding that next year?  

Instead it was all about Jack and the “disconnect”.  I get it, the team around him sucks but he really comes off poorly.  

The interview at the end of the season was a candid expression of his frustration due to his injury situation. And also although not explicitly expressed but maybe more important is his obvious frustration being stuck on a team that has a way to go to compare to the better teams in the league. There is no doubt that the young players played better under Granato. But what is also starkly true is that the Sabres had the worst record in the league and have been shut out of the playoffs for a decade. 

I agree with you that Jack wasn't very diplomatic and didn't exhibit much grace.  But instead of playing the insincere public relations game he told you exactly what he felt. What we learned is that there is a lot of going on between the parties involved. This wasn't your typical buuulllshiitt pro forma exit interview. It was the truth as he saw it. And for that I am not going to criticize him for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Seeing as he's been in only 3 playoffs during his career I can't exactly be angry that the Pegula's couldn't look into a crystal ball and know how Hall would play in a regular playoff series.

Not the Pegulas. But I would expect a pro scouting department <rimshot> and hockey GM to be able to do and pay/contract him accordingly. If he's a 1-year deal as a Skinner-play-with-Eichel cash grab, then you don't give him a NMC. If he doesn't want to be a team leader, then you don't give him a team leader salary. The hockey people should know he's had one great year and otherwise is just a good playmaking winger who has never elevated his team in any great capacity.

7 hours ago, Kristian said:

He didn’t fade for us, as he only ever clocked-in to collect his paycheck.

Bye bye Hall, you worthless hack.

Congratulations on that signing Kim and Terry - Thank god “you know stuff”, you’d have me worried otherwise 😳😱🤯

Please please god, let them sign him.

He did fade. He had a fantastic opening night.  Inserting some icons so you know I'm partially tongue-in-cheek. 😇🍺

And screw exHCRK for starting Hutton over Ullmark in the opener.

Back to Hall, he was pretty decent in zone entries and PPA early on until Eichel's continuing/lingering/new injuries dismantled that top line. And then Hall played with Staal and it was over. And then he completely checked out once they were back from COVID. (This is all in the first couple weeks of the season.) Again, it goes back to pro scouting/league information, everyone knew Hall wasn't a leader, he's a really talented JAG, and when Eichel/Ullmark/McCabe got hurt... Hall disappeared.

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

But we can dream, can't we? Boston takes Rask's cash and Krejci's cash and pulls a JBott-Skinner-level deal with Hall. That'd be sweet.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.