2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Steamrolled to me reads as swept. I think there’s a chance they win 2 maybe even 3. But they will ultimately lose the series.

keyword … chance 

Price with support from Weber & Petry gives them a chance.  If Armia can get a couple more shorties, it could be interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Last team to get to the 2nd round is the 1st through to the Semis.

Wonder if Petry will be good to go by the time Vegas/Avs has decided an opponent.

I love that the NHL rushed them into back-to-back games to help catch up to other series’ and that one wraps first.

2 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Doesn't matter if you love or hate the Bruins. It is impossible to call games "evenly". It can't be done and shouldn't be done.

Cassidy is a chump for complaining about it, if you really are the big bad Bruins of the past, go out and win the next two games and prove you are better.......but quit whining its unbecoming

Lindy used to be a great whiner about refs. Did you say this back then?  I'm going to guess no. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Stop drinking dude. I hate a lot of teams. The Bruins do and always have gotten the benefit of the doubt. Because the Bruins PK got smoked tonight everyone is whining. Pitt gets away with more than the Bruins and I complain about them just as much. And believe it or not, Mario Lemiuex (Pens owner) is my favorite player of all time. But his team gets treated with kid gloves, just like Boston and Toronto. Could even add the Rangers. 

I'd agree on Pitt (especially Crosby) and Toronto (at home). Montreal at home in the past too. But not Boston. definitely they do not get better refereeing almost never. 

There was actually a study several years ago that found teams that wear black (this was all sports) got more penalties on average. Seen as the villains or something. I remember reading that. Sorry don't have a reference, it was quite a while ago but it was supposed to be a statistically significant conclusion. 

It's the Bruins though. I don't really care one way or the other. I just like the series and the physical hockey and want the refs to stay out of it as much as possible. 

6 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

The Bruins are a good team, but I wonder how much better they could be if Bruce Cassidy spent more time coaching than he does in the tanning booth and getting hair plugs? 

I agree the Bruins are good, but the Islanders are getting points from Barzal,and their depth players are contributing too. Varlamov is great.

When that Islanders team is going, look out.

Love this series so far. First non-Sabres playoff series I’ve watched every game in.

Yup, that’s what the Pegulas have turned me into - A playoff-craved hockey addict, who is forced to root against the Leafs, Bruins and Flyers.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd agree on Pitt (especially Crosby) and Toronto (at home). Montreal at home in the past too. But not Boston. definitely they do not get better refereeing almost never. 

There was actually a study several years ago that found teams that wear black (this was all sports) got more penalties on average. Seen as the villains or something. I remember reading that. Sorry don't have a reference, it was quite a while ago but it was supposed to be a statistically significant conclusion. 

Certainly seemed that way, back in the day ✌️😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Stuck at work, just had time to sneak to the head and watch the highlights, Hell Yes, foot to the throat, F off Boston! 

While I agree with everything here and I hate the Bruins as much as the next guy, but we have to come up with some other phrase than the bolded.  

Another poster pointed it out, probably in this thread, and I agree it just doesn't sit well.

No offense to you, my friend.

GO HABS!!

I really am beginning to think that this is their year.

Reminds me of '93 when no one gave them a chance and Roy was just lights out, especially in all those OT games, 3 of which were in the sweep of the Sabres, if I recall correctly.  That was the 'May Day' playoff.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

GO HABS!!

I really am beginning to think that this is their year.

Reminds me of '93 when no one gave them a chance and Roy was just lights out, especially in all those OT games, 3 of which were in the sweep of the Sabres, if I recall correctly.  That was the 'May Day' playoff.

And if Muckler had been smart enough to play a healthy Hasek rather than an injured Fuhr it could've been the Sabres year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I have to say, this is just wrong from Sabres fans. 

Why?

My wife is from Montreal and I have been a fan of them almost as long as I have of the Sabres.

Sabres are and always will be my #1, but Montreal are and always will be my #2, but only when the Sabres are not playing.

It's not like they are one of the dastardly duo, eh.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
dastardly ...
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

While I agree with everything here and I hate the Bruins as much as the next guy, but we have to come up with some other phrase than the bolded.  

Another poster pointed it out, probably in this thread, and I agree it just doesn't sit well.

No offense to you, my friend.

Hmmm, well foot to the throat is better than skate to the throat 😉

OK, ill be super PC and say I hope Boston loses game 6 by 8 goals 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Why?

My wife is from Montreal and I have been a fan of them almost as long as I have of the Sabres.

Sabres are and always will be my #1, but Montreal are and always will be my #2, but only when the Sabres are not playing.

It's not like they are one of the dastardly duo, eh.

cause I grew up on this stuff.........

Montreal was the hated 70s rival and when we beat them it was pure joy. Toronto sucked in those days so they weren't worth hating like they are today. Montreal fans would come into Buffalo for those games and it was true rivalry. It's an ingrained hate based on history. 

• Like (+1) 1

How can you not love what Montreal is doing.  They are built for the playoffs and it shows. Price has hit that elusive switch and the D and all 4 lines play with such great gap control.  They'll be a pain for either LV or COL. The odds are long but I would put it past them to pull off another upset.  Double-plus: they beat the Leafs in embarrassing fashion. What's not to like?

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I can't hate Montreal and never could.  I don't have a second-favorite, but if the Sabres were to be suddenly vaporized or something (if that hasn't already happened), I'd be a Habs fan.

Ever been to a Sabres game against Montreal? That soured me on them real quick.

Just now, WildCard said:

Ever been to a Sabres game against Montreal? That soured me on them real quick.

I have.  I see die hard fans there to cheer for their team.  Perhaps I didn't have the same experience?

Were they obnoxious?  No more than the Buffalo fans around them.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

I have.  I see die hard fans there to cheer for their team.  Perhaps I didn't have the same experience?

Were they obnoxious?  No more than the Buffalo fans around them.

They take over the arena and chant a soccer song as the bounce us from the playoff race. I'm not saying their bad people, but I don't like the team from that. If I'm rooting for a Canadian team it's Vancouver or Calgary hands down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.