2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It STARTS with goaltending and builds out from there rather than top down with goalie as an afterthought as has been the Sabres way of recent years. 

We are in total agreement here.  I am still of the mind that a team is built from the net out.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is the thing.  It's not "built for the playoffs."  It's Carey Price.  And I am enjoying it.

Mike Smith did it for Arizona back when they were still Phoenix. Craig Anderson did it a few years ago, too. Goalies can change the landscape of the playoffs when they’re on.

Alex Pietrangelo blocks a shot and limps off, and comes back and sets up the 3rd goal.   Really fine defenseman who wore a “C” for a SC winner in St Louis.  What a nice pickup for Vegas.  

17 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

My reason for bringing it up over and over is the building model I am pushing for the Sabres to follow. It STARTS with goaltending and builds out from there rather than top down with goalie as an afterthought as has been the Sabres way of recent years. 

Every team we had that ever did anything had goaltending.  

Until they get a game changer we are going to struggle to beat the good teams  

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, gomper said:

And everyone thought Bednar was enraged after game 3. His style is either going to get these guys to play to their capability in the 3rd,  or continue to get beat to every puck. God help the garbage cans in that room.

Great line.....Quote of the week!!....🤣

• Like (+1) 1

Vegas gets it. Sports are entertainment. They designed the entire franchise, especially the arena, to maximize the effect of the entertainment experience. Our sad franchise and owner offers nothing of the sort. We basically survive off of fans passion.  We have a lame arena and a lame and embarrassing fan experience. I mean fake and misspelled jersey's on alumni night? 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Having a team that plays a high intensity brand of hockey definitely helps. 

That's a reason certain prospects pop when I watch them compared to others. JJ Peterka is a great example of high intensity guy with some skill. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2021 at 2:40 AM, Eleven said:

Montreal is not "built for the playoffs."  Montreal has Carey Price.  That team isn't going to beat freaking Winnipeg (as you say) because Hellebyuck is better than Price.  And that's it.  And whichever one comes out of it is going to face a reckoning from a team that IS built for the playoffs.

You Dont Say Angelina Jolie GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Weber does not equal __________ (fill in the blank with just about anyone)

Not saying you are not right on the $ with your post, but Weber is also playing some of his best playoff hockey ever.

So there's this kid in the draft named Power or something like that, might be worth considering.............

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So there's this kid in the draft named Power or something like that, might be worth considering.............

Are you sure it's not Powers?

I have made my point in his thread.

He will be a stud D.  It would be unwise, IMO, to trade the pick, or not to use it on Power.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.