NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He is, but Toronto needs to move one of its Big Four and Columbus has the cap space to take Marner or Nylander.

A RHD in return fits the bill 

Really haven't been paying attention around the league like I used to, so apologies...why does Toronto need to move one of Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Tavares? Cap?

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Marner for Jones would be like Rich Man's Reinhart for Rich Man's Ristolainen 

If my comparison is apt, @dudacekwill believe it more likely that Ristolainen suffocates Reinhart in a playoff series than Reinhart handing Risto his lunch money. Which may or may not be true, but I'm looking for congruence to check for accuracy. 

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Really haven't been paying attention around the league like I used to, so apologies...why does Toronto need to move one of Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Tavares? Cap?

More the fact they are 0 for 5 in the First Round of the Playoffs 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t know how different Jones and Risto are...

I really hope this tweet doesn’t mean they have interest in Seth Jones. 

The saving grace might be it’s highly unlikely that Jones agrees to an contract extension in Buffalo

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

If my comparison is apt, @dudacekwill believe it more likely that Ristolainen suffocates Reinhart in a playoff series than Reinhart handing Risto his lunch money. Which may or may not be true, but I'm looking for congruence to check for accuracy. 

I don't think its an awful comparison, but I don't agree with the conclusion because I think Reinhart's game is (relatively) better made for the playoffs than Marner's and I think Jones is good, unlike the rest of you seem to.

We have no reference point for Reino and Risto. I've watched Jones eat up Marner in the playoffs just last year. Not to mention how he performed against Tampa the previous year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Nightmare Fuel

2 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Barf.  Because Jones with one year left, will sign here.  

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

FWIW, no one I know in Columbus knows about anything between the Sabres and the Mad Cows.

We really need to stop quoting rando dudes on Twitter and attaching credibility to their opinions.  I’m on the fence with guys like Chad, Yerdon and Marino.  But when we are quoting Kevin who works at Delta Sonic drying cars (not that there is anything wrong with that), I think we are heading down the wrong road. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, inkman said:

We really need to stop quoting rando dudes on Twitter and attaching credibility to their opinions.  I’m on the fence with guys like Chad, Yerdon and Marino.  But when we are quoting Kevin who works at Delta Sonic drying cars (not that there is anything wrong with that), I think we are heading down the wrong road. 

Kevin is known as one of the more sarcastic people on Sabres Twitter and throws up tweets like this for fun. Since this is a rumors and speculation thread His Tweet was put in here as one of the worse possible trades the Sabres could make with Samson, hence the term Nightmare Fuel with the original post. It was never meant to be taken seriously. 

A quick check of Kevin’s Followers reveals He followed by a large majority of the NHL Analytics Community, including some people who actually work for NHL Teams.  So I really hope this isn’t inside info.

57 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why, Kevin is one of the most respected Sabres sources.......Greg on tik toc says so..... 😄

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I like Marner a lot. No chance he ends up in Buffalo unfortunately.

I like Marner too, but I don't like very many players for $11M AAV.  I think I like McDavid for that... and I am done.

I read somewhere that Columbus wants to get bigger and more physical again so I don't see them being interested in Marner or even Reinhart. They are looking to trade a goalie though so I'd look at that for sure. 

and idk what some of you are talking about. Seth Jones is a very good player and much better than Risto. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to have Marner on the Jets but his AAV is about 3m too much...maybe even more.

I'd give up a lot for Jones if he re-signed long term for 8.75m or so but I doubt he signs with a Canadian team.

Werenski is another player I'd give a lot for if he were to re-sign.

CBJ need a center though. Laine needs someone to set him up...if he re-signs there.

Tarasov would be interesting but I don't think the Sabres should be interested in one of the CBJ goalies unless they looking for a backup and their goalies are making too much for that aren't they? The Sabres need a bona fide starter.

9 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

That's fair. Although I'd happily sacrifice having Skinner and Okposo on the team for Marner and whoever Okposo's try hard 4th line replacement would be.  I'm not saying that is a viable trade by any means, my point is the money gets spent somewhere regardless and I'd rather have a guy who can play and say Curtis Lazar than piss away the same amount of money on what the Sabres have been acquiring over the last decade.

I'd trade Skinner and Risto for Marner  🙂

Skinner might actually waive his NMC to go to Toronto. 🙂

Imagine.. Skinner being a regular season dud but a post-season stud and it making a difference in Toronto?  Oh man.. I should not have started drinking so early.

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

I'd love to have Marner on the Jets but his AAV is about 3m too much...maybe even more.

I'd give up a lot for Jones if he re-signed long term for 8.75m or so but I doubt he signs with a Canadian team.

Werenski is another player I'd give a lot for if he were to re-sign.

CBJ need a center though. Laine needs someone to set him up...if he re-signs there.

Tarasov would be interesting but I don't think the Sabres should be interested in one of the CBJ goalies unless they looking for a backup and their goalies are making too much for that aren't they? The Sabres need a bona fide starter.

You think Marner is a 7.9 mil player, or less?

Pacing for 96 points per over the last two years (93, 100)? So like in line with what Ryan Johansen and Matt Duchene make?

Edited by Thorny

29 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

I think Columbus and Buffalo match up really well on multiple levels for trading.  And as stated before, I'd take Jones for a year over Risto for a year anytime.  Maybe Seth would like Buffalo?

So you are trading Jones for Risto? Okay fine but what other level of trading do we match up with them?

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I could really see them doing Reinhart, Risto for Jones, Merzlikins 

I will literally burn my Sabres jerseys and become a Kraken fan. That would be the dumbest trade on the planet and make the ROR trade look like the Briere deal. 

Columbus has a garbage prospect system and their forward ranks are mediocre to the core. They are in for years of being bad unless something magically happens. In fact I would guess that Buffalo is a superior team to them right this second even without Eichel healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.