Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are there any suitors left for Jack?

I would say with signing Dannault to the big deal LA is out.

Vegas might be in. They cleared cap for something. Ducks might still be in. Re-signing Getzlaf MIGHT mean they promised him a better team but unlikely. Rangers and Minnesota maybe but we'd probably take on a contract or two. 

I think KA's options are shrinking by the minute. Unless there is in fact a strange Vegas deal in the works. 

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Vegas might be in. They cleared cap for something. Ducks might still be in. Re-signing Getzlaf MIGHT mean they promised him a better team but unlikely. Rangers and Minnesota maybe but we'd probably take on a contract or two. 

I think KA's options are shrinking by the minute. Unless there is in fact a strange Vegas deal in the works. 

Oh well…guess jack will have to wait until next season. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Vegas signed a few deals today eating up all their cap space so I’m skeptical of their involvement.

I think we’re all underestimating the possibility of Jack getting this surgery which could take him out for much of the season and then he just sits the whole thing out and then you’re staring a NMC in the face with a player who has legitimately a quarter of the value he should. And we can all act like a team can just refuse a trade in that scenario but it’d be so bad for the franchise to not deal him.

This needs to happen (and there’s still plenty of time for it to happen).

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

McKenzie says things are dead quiet on Eichel front

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Annnnnnnnnddddd....it's gone silent.

I had this at 2:07. 

I have priority access to Bob 

2 minutes ago, Shmuffalo said:

Per "Bus Stop" Brooksie:

Imagine the calamity. I mean, hijinks and shenanigans are one thing, but my lord, the calamity.  If only they had depth, and solid prospects ... wait.

Like this, it's bonkers analysis. He's speaking of this coming season. They provided 26 points combined last season. Eichel will give you so much more than that healthy. You can't add one other player? Going from 2 guys (one who barely played) to 1 does not destroy your depth. 

If they think there's a good chance Eichel doesn't play at all, they wouldn't even be in discussions. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Fine with me, keep him and keep adding pieces.

It's beyond that. This team wise and fan wise has gone too far. He has to be traded before season starts. Unfortunately it is what it is. Until he's gone it's a huge distraction at this point. Sad but true.

8 minutes ago, Shmuffalo said:

Per "Bus Stop" Brooksie:

Imagine the calamity. I mean, hijinks and shenanigans are one thing, but my lord, the calamity.  If only they had depth, and solid prospects ... wait.

What?   We are getting Chit and Krap? 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Radar said:

It's beyond that. This team wise and fan wise has gone too far. He has to be traded before season starts. Unfortunately it is what it is. Until he's gone it's a huge distraction at this point. Sad but true.

Completely disagree.  The same thing could've been said about Aaron Rodgers heading into this week and that's been dealt with.  Eichel is the star player - fix the issues instead of locking yourselves into trading him potentially for pennies on the dollar.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Radar said:

Does it even really matter?  If they trade him there is zero shot at the playoffs (not that there's much hop e now).  So if you keep him and he's a distraction, who cares?  In fact, I could see the team really sucking even with Jack so maybe it's better the media peppers everyone with Jack questions rather then why does this team continue to suck and your ruining Cozens running him out there against every other teams top line etc. etc.