Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Would be nice to hear that the captain of the team in Buffalo would stay in the area and hold skates with his own teammates in Buffalo instead of joining players from a team he would rather be on.

Why are we doing this? He's not the captain of the team. Adams has already committed to moving him, full stop. Have you seen what they did to the roster? There is, quite simply zero chance he is back. 

Adams didn't even take the interest to *know he was skating* in rehab and you want him to be here to show support? I hope Jack stays away from the tire fire

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Why are we doing this? He's not the captain of the team. Adams has already committed to moving him, full stop. Have you seen what they did to the roster? There is, quite simply zero chance he is back. 

I’d say the odds of him still being here are growing exponentially by the hour.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Casey Mittelstadt is skating in Minnesota with players from the Wild, you mad at him too?

I would rather he be skating with his captain in Buffalo, but Casey is NOT THE TEAM CAPTAIN

I'm sure the younger players are looking up to Eichel and thinking its nice to see him skating with another team in the offseason.

Again, my issue is WHY IS EICHEL, THE CAPTAIN, NOT DOING THIS IN BUFFALO WITH HIS TEAMMATES? Or is Buffalo the only City where players don't come back to or stay in during the offseason?

The Sabres are trying a new approach I guess of team building by having their players skate with other teams, maybe to learn what its like on competent franchises to come back and let the Sabres front Office know how it works?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He never has ...

Yes Jack was never captain. he was terrible and a bad leader and a massive douche. This will be the recorded history, it's fine

2 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I’d say the odds of him still being here are growing exponentially by the hour.

zero. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Adams didn't even take the interest to *know he was skating* in rehab and you want him to be here to show support? I hope Jack stays away from the tire fire

Right now he is still here and still the Captain

And all I have been hearing since the draft was how they aren't getting the offers they need for him so he will be here (KA even said he is fine with having him here in training camp and on the roster this season)

I know they have been trying to move him, but it seems like unless they give him away, he will be here in October.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would rather he be skating with his captain in Buffalo, but Casey is NOT THE TEAM CAPTAIN

I'm sure the younger players are looking up to Eichel and thinking its nice to see him skating with another team in the offseason.

Again, my issue is WHY IS EICHEL, THE CAPTAIN, NOT DOING THIS IN BUFFALO WITH HIS TEAMMATES? Or is Buffalo the only City where players don't come back to or stay in during the offseason?

The Sabres are trying a new approach I guess of team building by having their players skate with other teams, maybe to learn what its like on competent franchises to come back and let the Sabres front Office know how it works?

Vine Ok GIF

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

And all I have been hearing since the draft was how they aren't getting the offers they need for him so he will be here (KA even said he is fine with having him here in training camp and on the roster this season)

I know they have been trying to move him, but it seems like unless they give him away, he will be here in October.

Every single move Adams has made has been blatantly, and I mean blatantly - people did not believe it when I said Adams was after Wright - aimed to shift this roster into a full-on rebuild and prioritization of aiming high in the draft and establishing a new core. I highly doubt Adams is ok with Jack being back when that would run counter to literally everything he has done, actively harm everything he has done in the context of what he is trying to achieve. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Every single move Adams has made has been blatantly, and I mean blatantly - people did not believe it when I said Adams was after Wright - aimed to shift this roster into a full-on rebuild and prioritization of aiming high in the draft and establishing a new core. I highly doubt Adams is ok with Jack being back when that would run counter to literally everything he has done, actively harm everything he has done in the context of what he is trying to achieve. 

You might be Wright but I doubt he'd do all this for a 16% chance of getting one player. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think Jack is going to be dealt too, but all I keep hearing and seeing around here is how they are just going to keep him if they don't get what they are asking for right now, and the GM has come out and said he is fine with him being on the roster when the season starts.

But as of right now, and the odds continue to get better that he will still be here in October, Eichel is still here and still the Captain unless KA is willing to accept much less then he is asking for.

If you want to build a competitive team, theres no better way then to have them working together, and not individually with other teams (that are working together as teams). It would be really nice to see the Captain of this team organizing get togethers with his teammates and skating/training with them.

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Not sure what's going on at that link.  What are you actually saying?

Its a couple of trade proposals and how they would fit under the Cap and what the lineup would look like

I think his comment is just that the team should be doing everything, including threatening the Ducks GM in order to get Zegras from them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I am all in for clearing away the losing attitudes, resetting the culture, and rebuilding around the core of young players who are excited to play for Buffalo… but if KA allows Eichel to return, he will be setting back the process he just started… and undermining the rebuild… The prima donna’s attitude is poisonous… If he can’t move him, take the “C” back and send him home… Some playoff contender will meet KA’s price sooner than later… Will be a sign of confidence in Granato and the kids… It will send reverberations around the league… Things are different in Buffalo… No better time than now for bold leadership… The Pegulas would be smart to let Adams and his team run the club…

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

I am all in for clearing away the losing attitudes, resetting the culture, and rebuilding around the core of young players who are excited to play for Buffalo… but if KA allows Eichel to return, he will be setting back the process he just started… and undermining the rebuild… The prima donna’s attitude is poisonous… If he can’t move him, take the “C” back and send him home… Some playoff contender will meet KA’s price sooner than later… Will be a sign of confidence in Granato and the kids… It will send reverberations around the league… Things are different in Buffalo… No better time than now for bold leadership… The Pegulas would be smart to let Adams and his team run the club…

Most here have been saying he won't sit out and needs to play to establish full value, and I'm not sure sending him home to sit out is going to help get better value for him (and TP will be happy paying him to sit).

I can't see a team right now meeting the price KA has set for him, the league does not seem to value him like the Sabres organization and fans do and other teams know he wants out and the Sabres will eventually have to move him, so they are calling KAs bluff and waiting for him to blink. It seems most teams are looking at Eichel as more of a luxury, it would be nice to have him and they aren't opposed to bring him in, but not unless they are getting a deal for him and this could be because he has no playoff experience, he hasn't shown that he is a foundation/cornerstone piece thats carrying a team (this team has bee mediocre at best with him on it and the team hasn't looked that much worse without him in the lineup) and he isn't winning any individual awards

36 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Not sure what's going on at that link.  What are you actually saying?

24 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its a couple of trade proposals and how they would fit under the Cap and what the lineup would look like

I think his comment is just that the team should be doing everything, including threatening the Ducks GM in order to get Zegras from them.

This ^

I did Zegras, Henrique, Lundeström and a protected 1st in 22 for Eichel.

Zegras is the big piece

Henrique the cap piece

Lundestrom a prospect guy

And the 1st is Top 10 Protected

Who’s left now?

Minnesota still has $20 million but they also have to sign Kaprizov and Fiala.

Calgary has $12 million and might be in if the Sabres are willing to take something back.

The Habs, Kings and knights are squeezed up against the cap and look done.

The Rangers and Ducks are right around $18 million each and don’t have significant RFAs to eat it up.

It looks like it’s going to be one or the other I think, and I think the Ducks missed their window.

Rangers might be the last team standing and I’m not sure we’re going to like the return.

Edited by dudacek

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Who’s left now?

Calgary has $12 million and might be in if the Sabres are willing to take something back.

The Rangers and Ducks are right around $18 million each and don’t have significant RFAs to eat it up.

It looks like it’s going to be one or the other I think, and I think the Ducks missed their window.

Rangers might be the last team standing and I’m not sure we’re going to like the return.

I think unless KA lowers his asking cost and accepts some bad contracts or higher priced roster players back, the Sabres won't have any buyers.

Minnesota has space this year, but there problem will be after it when the cost of buying out Suter and Parise increases

Calgary might be able to make something work but do they have anything of value to send back?

The Habs/Kings/Knights don't have cap space but they also (atleast the Habs and Kings) have made moves to address their C position and might not be interested in moving assets to take on Eichel.

The Rangers appear to be interested, but only if they get him at a discount

The Ducks are at a cross roads of whether they need to fully rebuild and may not see the need for Eichel right now

There could always be a surprise team that comes out of no where and gets him. A team like the Coyotes jump in and grab him, Yzerman decides to try to speed the Detroit rebuild up a little bit, or the Kraken decide to try and get a big name to be the face of the new franchise?....

I have been saying for a while that I can almost guarantee that when he is moved, fans aren't going to be happy with the return

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Who’s left now?

Monahan most likely, would ask for lindholm though.

48 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Who’s left now?

You keep him then regardless of Eichel's ire.

• Like (+1) 1

Curious what Russo means when he says the Wild are out.

Did the bidding get to a certain level where they could no longer compete? (Good news, it means someone is bidding)

Or did they simply get tired of Adams refusing to budge and decided to move ahead on another path? (Something that becomes inevitable the longer Adams waits)