Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

And that's fine.  "Culture" is way overblown.  Don't rush a trade when his value is ebbing low - just keep him.

The concern would be missing the peak. We just don't have enough data yet though

Just now, Doohickie said:

Until his injury is resolved *and* teams see him play at a high level, he will not be at his peak value.

There will be a peak value no matter what transpires. It could come then, but it may have already come and gone if the scenario you outline doesn't transpire. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

There will be a peak value no matter what transpires. It could come then, but it may have already come and gone if the scenario you outline doesn't transpire. 

I actually think that's pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We should have had an Eichel frustration meter so we could track it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

Reports of Jack’s camp being frustrated really doesn’t help the whole image thing.

Adams admitted publicly he's working on a deal, right? This is the territory 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Boo friggin hoo 

Don't really care about his feelings on waiting either. I care about what the return is going to be though. Could work out, holding this long - we'll have to see. 

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

i bet they are! Jack views himself amongst the very best in the league & apparently the league disagrees. I know its more nuanced than that but i haven't heard of any offers for an "elite" center in his prime til this point.

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Yeah, that'll hurry it up...  This is what I said before, if he wants out and it's been made clear that they aren't giving him away for nothing then he has no choice but to show up, play hard, and be a good citizen.  If I were Adams I'd also throw in there that if you want your boy to be traded you need to waive the NMC for at least two years after this one. You don't wanna do that, ok fine, you're not going to be traded. The ice is to your left, LTIR is to your right. Choose.

I agree with you, but I think KA has a player’s  GM vibe going on and I can’t see him doing this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Yeah, that'll hurry it up...  This is what I said before, if he wants out and it's been made clear that they aren't giving him away for nothing then he has no choice but to show up, play hard, and be a good citizen.  If I were Adams I'd also throw in there that if you want your boy to be traded you need to waive the NMC for at least two years after this one. You don't wanna do that, ok fine, you're not going to be traded. The ice is to your left, LTIR is to your right. Choose.

music video britney GIF

6 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

From what Adams says, he's very concerned with players that want to be here and presumably the atmosphere he's trying to foster. I'd wager to say navigating the issue of Jack being here, now, might present a bit more of a complicated pathway, in KA's view, than you lay out here. 

Sorry, I took an hour off.

I don't see a single real move that indicates any of the main suitors are out.

And just the normal space-fillers from the insiders.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Part of the issue is that the 'insiders' are either under pressure from someone else, or maybe themselves, to keep their name in social media by reporting SOMETHING, even if there isn't much to report.  They put stuff out there and add words to their reports like "maybe" or "possibly" or "might be" or "keep an eye out for"...stuff like that.

On the other hand, Adams went out of his way MANY times to say he wants players who want to be here, and he said it over and over and over.  If Eichel had any thought he might have to suck-it-up and play some more in Buffalo, his agent and handlers would do WHATEVER they had to do to make it NOT look like he wants out in any way.