Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think they'll give you tuch

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I might be a delusional fan here but you never know..............Dadonov replaces Tuch so they can include him in the Eichel deal.

5 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Could the Vegas / OTT trade have any affect on a potential Eichel deal?

Is GMKAs inability to close the Eichel deal affecting his work signing other FAs?

Honestly probably not a bad thing to be quieter on a crazy day like Free Agency day 1, considering the deals we normally see

Caveat for Ullmark, but word is they've been speaking with him so 

Just would be like to be taking advantage of some of the other madness re: Eichel 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Could very well be. 

Today is really, actually the last "deadline" (ha). After today, all bets are off

Which would mean what? Sorry, I haven't been reading along. Eichel's return would decline so much he wouldn't be traded?

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Which would mean what? Sorry, I haven't been reading along. Eichel's return would decline so much he wouldn't be traded?

No sorry, like I think there's really no days left this offseason insiderzz can point to as "likely" for an Eichel deal 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Well, @Thorny can certainly speak for himself, but I think the shrinking pool of cap space and assets means that after today an Eichel trade this summer becomes well under a 50% likelihood.

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

Wow, are we really going to get another ROR trade when Adams dumps him for pennies on the dollar tomorrow night after all the serious suitors move on?

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

I remember feeling like that around this time when ROR was being auctioned off.

In reality what was happening was Botterill was desperately trying to cobble together a deal out of the ashes of offers he had previously turned down.

You scaring me now

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

Dreger/Vogl reporting that Eichel's camp is now "frustrated" that no deal is materializing.

Just keep him KA, HOLD THE LINE.

I don't give a ***** if Jack is frustrated. KA...probably

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, I-90 W said:

I definitely respect KA for holding this long, think we all should.

Wonder what happens if we can’t move him and both sides are still fighting over the surgery come October?

Keep him. The money is already spent.

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

Wonder what happens if we can’t move him and both sides are still fighting over the surgery come October?

Most likely? Eichel sits out injured and we attempt to trade him under the NMC, instead 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

You were reacting to scrambling to put together a deal from pieces that were turned down when holding the line. 

It's simply reactionary? If we end up getting a lesser offer wouldn't that be a bad thing? I don't know what's going to happen 

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

Think if it doesn’t happen today we're really going to be in no man’s land. Meaning we will have no likely idea when it could happen, and it may not even be until next season’s trade deadline. 

And that's fine.  "Culture" is way overblown.  Don't rush a trade when his value is ebbing low - just keep him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

i get what youre saying but he's holding in large part because other teams are concerned with Jacks injury & are hesitant to give up anything 'good' for him. So its also just the hand KA was dealt as well, and not just KA HOLDING THE LINE imho

Just now, I-90 W said:

Think if it doesn’t happen today we're really going to be in no man’s land. Meaning we will have no likely idea when it could happen, and it may not even be until next season’s trade deadline. 

Not saying he won't be traded soon but I've thought right along there was also good chance of his still being  Sabre this season.

Just now, Cascade Youth said:

And that's fine.  "Culture" is way overblown.  Don't rush a trade when his value is ebbing low - just keep him.

I don’t think culture is overblown at all but I agree not to sell low.