Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Why? McCabe hurts but I wouldn't say the day is ruined

What's up with McCabe?

Terrible as in no one will be happy at the end of today.  Either we will trade away our best player in a very long time and people will be upset, or we won't and people will be upset.  If we do people will be upset with the return.  FA day is usually a let down.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What's up with McCabe?

Terrible as in no one will be happy at the end of today.  Either we will trade away our best player in a very long time and people will be upset, or we won't and people will be upset.  If we do people will be upset with the return.  FA day is usually a let down.

McCabe is off to Chicago allegedly 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

I just want the best center propsect we could get (Krebs more than qualifies), and an end to the drama, so we can see what the future looks like.

I would rather get only two pieces back if the one piece is Byfield, Zegras or Dach than 3-4 if it’s with lesser prospects.  We need one of the centers to hit.  I’d rather take a chance with one possible stud than hoping one of two lesser assets hit.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

One of three scenarios is likely today:

1) People on this board will be disappointed that Eichel wasn't traded.

2) People on this board will be disappointed that Eichel was traded.

3) People on this board will be disappointed in the return from an Eichel trade at which point pitchfork and torch sales will skyrocket in WNY.

Agreed. This will be primarily a negative place.

The ones that don't get the scenario that they want will complain the loudest, no matter what that scenario is.

Myself, I'm one of the ones that is upset he hasn't been traded yet. I want him moved so we can digest the return and get a better idea of what this team will be in the near future.

Vegas Prospects: 

22 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Vegas has: 

Peyton Krebs, 5'11" 190lb C - 43 points in 24 WHL games and 5 points in 5 AHL games

Pavel Dorofeyev, 6'1" 178lb LW - 13 points in 24 AHL games

Brendan Brisson, 6' 185lb C - 21 points in 24 NCAA games

Zach Dean, 6' 176lb C - 20 points in 23 QMJHL games

Ivan Morozon, 6'1" 196lb C - 31 points in 55 KHL games

updated, now with Defenders! 

Kaeden Korczak, 6'4" 192lb RHD - 8 points in 15 WHL games and 2 points in 11 AHL games

Daniil Chayka, 6'3" 185lb LHD - 4 points in 5 MHL games and 2 points in 11 KHL games

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

So how good are Lundqvist and Chytil?

The fans talk about them like they are on par with Drysdale and Turcotte.

I’ve been tuning them out because Ranger fans are *****, but maybe I’ve been underestimating them.

Lundqvist, Chytil, Schneider and a 1st meets Adams ask and Brooks makes it sound like Schneider is a sticking point.

I know and like Schneider -he’s a big, tough and talented RHD who fills a big need and I’m comfortable projecting into the top 4. Lundqvist’s numbers are sick. Can he be a top 3 D?

Chytil is big and fast and a C. He paced for 40 points this year at age 21. Can he be a 2C?

Have I been underestimating these guys?

I often wish there was some kind of statistic to show just how good (or bad) prospects turn out to be in trades where one team gets a proven  NHL'er (like Jack who is without doubt a very good player). Call my cynical but I like the team getting the proven NHL'er much better. I have no faith in GMKA after the Sam trade to get anything of any real worth. As the old saying always went: the team that get s the best player wins the trade. We will be real lucky to get anything back even close to the numbers Jack has (and will continue to) put up...

Anaheim: derpy deal w/o Zegras

Rangers: no thanks

LA: not without byfield

Montreal - maybe?

Vegas - that "ask" may be our best option....

Starting to get a little worried about it - if that Vegas deal really was the Sabres *ask*, it wasn't that good, but perhaps if that's the ask, what they are actually offering is even lower. 

We shall see

Just now, dudacek said:

I’ve been tuning them out because Ranger fans are *****, but maybe I’ve been underestimating them.

Lundqvist, Chytil, Schneider and a 1st meets Adams ask and Brooks makes it sound like Schneider is a sticking point.

I know and like Schneider -he’s a big, tough and talented RHD who fills a big need and I’m comfortable projecting into the top 4. Lundqvist’s numbers are sick. Can he be a top 3 D?

Chytil is big and fast and a C. He paced for 40 points this year at age 21. Can he be a 2C?

I thought all those guys were on the "you can't have them list" 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

No, the ask is just getting lower over time