Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I will say this:  I searched the twitterverse for Eichel, and it seems like the fan bases of other teams are getting frustrated at their teams' management for not getting a deal done.  They are of the opinion that Eichel is a top talent, the likes of which rarely hit the trade market and they want their team to win the bidding war, even if they have to give up several top pieces.  There is zero mention of the injury being an issue.

If you ask for a link, just search Eichel in twitter and read the posts... only took me 5 or 10 minutes.

So no tweets from Ranger fans, huh? 😉

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doohickie said:

I will say this:  I searched the twitterverse for Eichel, and it seems like the fan bases of other teams are getting frustrated at their teams' management for not getting a deal done.  They are of the opinion that Eichel is a top talent, the likes of which rarely hit the trade market and they want their team to win the bidding war, even if they have to give up several top pieces.  There is zero mention of the injury being an issue.

If you ask for a link, just search Eichel in twitter and read the posts... only took me 5 or 10 minutes.

Yeah... that's my bad.  I made about 50 or so thousand alt accounts over the past year with the hope of pressuring 31 other teams into taking Eichel.  

Kidding aside, I understand teams/fans value shiny new prospects, but not every ****'n prospect is turning into a #1C or top pairing defenseman. 

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Any front office that seriously considers the impulsive desires of its fan base when it makes a consequential decision to acquire an injured star player at the expense of giving up precious assets should be summarily fired for grotesque incompetence. What makes a Jack trade so difficult for both sides of the bargaining table is the player's health status. It's complicated and not an easy call for both the trading and acquiring team.  

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

Which is it? Five or 10? I wanna know what I’m getting into before I start.

I don't know how fast your read.  Assume 15.

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Any front office that seriously considers the impulsive desires of its fan base when it makes a consequential decision to acquire an injured star player at the expense of giving up precious assets should be summarily fired for grotesque incompetence.

I wasn't commenting on the teams being pressured.  It was just an observation that other fan bases see Eichel's value as being at least as much as we do.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't know how fast your read.  Assume 15.

I wasn't commenting on the teams being pressured.  It was just an observation that other fan bases see Eichel's value as being at least as much as we do.

im out GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gabrielor said:

That's some word salad right there. It is possible at 75% Eichel gets moved specifically today. SO it is only possibly a 75% chance not an actual 75% chance. 

Boston unlikely... yea no *****

2 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

"It's possibly a 75% chance Eichel maybe might get moved today. Landing spots could be Vegas, Anaheim, Montreal, Minnesota, LAK, NYR, and the KHL."

Edited by WildCard
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I understand your point and it makes sense. You did give an accurate portrayal of how the fans think. My point is simply that this issue is complicated because of Jack's health status. If Jack were healthy the outsized desires of our fans and the fans of the prospective acquiring teams would not only be understandable but also be reasonable. As the Reinhart return demonstrates what fans want isn't always realistic because of some complicating issues. In his case it was his contract status. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I think that pretty much puts to bed the notion that the Sabres are under any kind of pressure by Eichel to trade him.

The pressure this morning is on any GMs who have mentally committed to Eichel as Plan A.

Because Plan B, C and D will disappear soon.

4 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

It’s also possibly a 25-percent chance and possibly at 13-percent chance and possibly an 8-percent….

Safe use of weasel words for $400, Alex.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's some word salad right there. It is possible at 75% Eichel gets moved specifically today. SO it is only possibly a 75% chance not an actual 75% chance. 

It's called hedging one's best at an exponential level. In that way no one can say you were wrong when your bet doesn't hit the mark. 

I know I am not alone in how I feel that I want this Jack issue to be finalized. My standard is not extreme.  I simply want a reasonable deal, and want it done sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Since 2 ppl seem confused I will explain. 

If you compare Lafreniere's ppg as a draft eligible CHL player it has 5 comparables. Kane, Tavares, Hall and Tkachuk with Couturier also in there. 

If you then look at each players D+1 year and their NHL production Kane, Tavares, Hall, and Tkachuk produced at 33-36% of their CHL production in that first year. Couturier produced at 21% in his first NHL year and Lafrienere was all the way down at 17%. That is a big flag because comparable are there as projections and you don't want to see your guy as an outlier. I would have some concern with how good Lafrienere is going to be at this stage. Does not mean he can't reach the levels of the above mentioned players but he's got a ways to go to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

It's called hedging one's best at an exponential level. In that way no one can say you were wrong when your bet doesn't hit the mark. 

I know I am not alone in how I feel that I want this Jack issue to be finalized. My standard is not extreme.  I simply want a reasonable deal, and want it done sooner rather than later. 

I just want the best center propsect we could get (Krebs more than qualifies), and an end to the drama, so we can see what the future looks like.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

I just want the best center propsect we could get (Krebs more than qualifies), and an end to the drama, so we can see what the future looks like.

It doesn't matter what team a deal made with. As like you I will be extremely disappointed if a high end center prospect is not part of the return. Vegas, Minn, Anaheim and LA have assets at that position that would be more than acceptable. That is more of an essential piece of a deal than is a high draft choice. Ideally, both pieces would be part of a deal. Let's get it done!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I mean it's possible at a 90% chance I win a gold in the Olympic Men's 3 on 3 basketball game today. "I may not be very tall, but I'm slow."

I'll keep everyone abreast! 

• Like (+1) 1