Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Bad news because we lost a partner with some attractive assets?

Good news because it means somebody else has finally got a good offer on the table?

Completely meaningless?

Its going to be a stressful day.

Edited by dudacek
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like how bits of info are dropped into this thread and the flurry of discussion immediately picks up

This thread is like Piranha 3D - with significantly less women 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That Chytil has 2C upside

Just like you said 

Isn’t a two projected top 4 RHDs with complementary talents and a projected 2C a better return than a projected 1B C and a projected 4/5 (Krebs and Hague?)

I like how bit of info are dropped into this thread and the flurry of discussion immediately picks up

This thread is like Pirhana 3D - with significantly less women 

By the time the trade call is made this thread will either be the Sound of Music or Shartnado.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I like how bits of info are dropped into this thread and the flurry of discussion immediately picks up

It's mind-boggling. Holy *****, it doesn't stop. SabreSpace: Home of the Dumbest Smart People on the Internet.

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

And in the weather, Mostly sunny today with some clouds, a chance of rain with variable winds.

Seriously, we get that forecast all the time where I live. The NWS experts in State College just gave up on us.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Isn’t a two projected top 4 RHDs with complementary talents and a projected 2C a better return than a projected 1B C and a projected 4/5 (Krebs and Hague?)

No, I think 2C is Chytil's upside. I wouldn't project him as 2C. 

Krebs has legit 1C upside, a *must* in an Eichel deal. The other pieces can be acquired any number of ways! You don't need to deal an MVP candidate (injured or not) for those types of pieces.

Adams boxed himself into that corner. If he doesn't like it, he should have drafted a young C up top, last year, or this year, or acquired the C in the Reino/Risto trades, or..

I've maintained the ask of that 1C prospect from he beginning, not going to back off that now. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

less and less likely he gets moved. might get a better offer at the deadline

Possible? Yes, but I don't think likely. Teams will have less cap room (and a trade will be more complicated due to the cap) when the rosters are filled out and 'set' than they do now.

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Piranha 3DD was a more thoughtful, critically acclaimed, picture.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Piranha 3DD was a more thoughtful, critically acclaimed, picture.

Using "picture" here popped me

that's like a wwe wrestling term, sorry (popped) 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

One of three scenarios is likely today:

1) People on this board will be disappointed that Eichel wasn't traded.

2) People on this board will be disappointed that Eichel was traded.

3) People on this board will be disappointed in the return from an Eichel trade at which point pitchfork and torch sales will skyrocket in WNY.

A) KA is being pressured to make a deal.

B) KA why hasn't KA made a deal yet?

No, I think 2C is Chytil's upside. I wouldn't project him as 2C. 

Krebs has legit 1C upside, a *must* in an Eichel deal. The other pieces can be acquired any number of ways! You don't need to deal an MVP candidate (injured or not) for those types of pieces.

Adams boxed himself into that corner. If he doesn't like it, he should have drafted a young C up top, last year, or this year, or acquired the C in the Reino/Risto trades, or..

I've maintained the ask of that 1C prospect from he beginning, not going to back off that now. 

I understand all that and also have been focused on getting a potential 1C as a “must-have”

Set it aside for a moment. How good are Chytil and Lundqvist and how good can they be?

Just now, dudacek said:

I understand all that and also have been focused on getting a potential 1C as a “must-have”

Set it aside for a moment. How good are Chytil and Lundqvist and how good can they be?

Don't know that much about Lundqvist. I think Chytil has 2C upside. 

Ooo Chytil is Czech, didn't they say they are looking at more Russians and Czech players?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Chytill = Middle 6 center.

Lundqvist = a right shot Ryan Johnson.

For Jack Eichel? to go to insufferable NY? pass.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A) KA is being pressured to make a deal.

B) KA why hasn't KA made a deal yet?

Thanks for the subcategories. There will be a few outliers, as well, but most should fall within these parameters.

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Krebs has legit 1C upside, a *must* in an Eichel deal.

On a side note....I think the importance of the center position in todays NHL compared to wingers has decreased slightly.  Do you want any holes at any position, including Center? Nope.  Is Center less important than the wing? Probably not.   But 5-10 years ago you needed dominant centers, they mattered SO much more than wingers. I don't think that is the case anymore. I'd put dominant/great wingers as an equal priority as the Center position now (or at least a lot closer than it was)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

It should be painful to acquire Eichel. It really is that simple.

Except to Rangers fans and media.

To them:

-Eichel isn't really that good, we'll take him off your hands, but you aren't getting anything good back from us (and by the way EVERYTHING we have up and down our entire roster is great because, well, we are from NY city and we can do no wrong here)

-What, you are trading him someplace else?  But we REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted him!

• Haha (+1) 3