Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

A deal with the rangers interests me the least because they have the least high end talent for prospects. If I wanted to add a bunch of middle 6 forwards to the team I can just look in free agency. 

The Rangers have so many “good” prospects that I am not a fan of at all. Their value is in guys I don’t think believe have realistic expectations to become cornerstones.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

The Rangers have so many “good” prospects that I am not a fan of at all. Their value is in guys I don’t think believe have realistic expectations to become cornerstones.

RIGHT!?!?!?!???!!!!! I thought it was just me but they have all these guys (not K'Andre Miller, I love him) who I am just like... Ewww GIF by memecandy

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This is why they are after that mystery box First round pick, that they'd include in the deal. 

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dreger is carrying so much water in those, and he's pushing back the timeline further, too. This may drag into the August and beyond

Would definitely be better off ignoring everything Dreger says.

• Like (+1) 1

On the Instigators this mornign Dreger mentioned there was a "sleeper" team in the East who might emerge in the Eichel sweepstakes. I also saw a tweet saying depending on how the Seth Jones situation plays out with the Blue Jackers, Columbus might have 4- 1st round picks (currently have 5,25,32). I wonder if they are that team that sends us 5, 25 + whatever they have to offer? Do they have any great prospects?

Edited by Mustache of God

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

On the Instigators this mornign Dreger mentioned there was a "sleeper" team in the East who might emerge in the Eichel sweepstakes. I also saw a tweet saying depending on how the Seth Jones situation plays out with the Blue Jackers, Columbus might have 4- 1st round picks (currently have 5,25,32). I wonder if they are that team that sends us 5, 25 + whatever they have to offer? Do they have any great prospects?

The sleeper team in these situations is always Made The ***** Up Because These Guys Need To Cover Their Butts. Calling a sleeper team in the east gives him a 50% chance (okay technically slightly less than 50% but 46.8%) of being able to say he called it.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

This is hilarious 

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, because NYR don't want to trade ANYONE for him. They want him for a 8 day pizza and a times square hooker. 

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

What is this - the 80s?

Seriously, have you been to Times Square?

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If he's after futures, I wonder if (and hope there isn't) there's a chance there's a self-imposed deadline? I wonder if he'd be inclined to take a lesser deal right now because if he doesn't, he'd have to either change his futures ask to next year's draft (which is tough as you don't know where teams will be picking) or change his opinion on futures/now players, which seems unlikely. 

I wonder at all if keeping Jack becomes an option

I suspect many current offers are built around picks in this year’s draft. Some (Rangers, Wild) can easily be shifted to a similar asset post-pick. Some (Ducks) cannot.

If Adams played his cards right, he had acceptable offers on the table by last night and he is playing them off each other to maximize return.

If he hasn’t got an acceptable offer yet, it’s unlikely he’s going to get a better one after the draft. Eichel is a front-burner move, not something you circle around to after Plan A falls through.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

On the Instigators this morning Dreger mentioned there was a "sleeper" team in the East who might emerge in the Eichel sweepstakes. I also saw a tweet saying depending on how the Seth Jones situation plays out with the Blue Jackers, Columbus might have 4- 1st round picks (currently have 5,25,32). I wonder if they are that team that sends us 5, 25 + whatever they have to offer? Do they have any great prospects?

I get the feeling that Columbus is trying to get additional assets for an Eichel trade in the trade for Seth Jones.  They are asking for Kirby Dach or Alex DeBrincat for Seth Jones.  If they get something like that they may have enough to make something work.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I suspect many current offers are built around picks in this year’s draft. Some (Rangers, Wild) can easily be shifted to a similar asset post-pick. Some (Ducks) cannot.

If Adams played his cards right, he had acceptable offers on the table by last night and he is playing them off each other to maximize return.

If he hasn’t got an acceptable offer yet, it’s unlikely he’s going to get a better one after the draft. Eichel is a front-burner move, not something you circle around to after Plan A falls through.

So, there's a chance 

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Meh.  I like Buffalo's prospect pool more than Columbus.  Which says a lot IMO.   If you did make a deal it'd have to be #5, 2022 1st, Texier, Chinakhov.  Their stock pile is absolute rubbish. 

14 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Columbus, you say?

2 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Meh.  I like Buffalo's prospect pool more than Columbus.  Which says a lot IMO.   If you did make a deal it'd have to be #5, 2022 1st, Texier, Chinakhov.  Their stock pile is absolute rubbish. 

I'm looking at their page on Cap Friendly, https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bluejackets , and they only have 4 skates signed past this next year. That feels really low? Not that I know much about the team but there's nothing they have that would make an Eichel trade palpable for me.

1 minute ago, Rasmus_ said:

Right, but if they got Dach in a Jones trade, a Dach/5OA offer is competitive with the others we’ve heard.

I’m still hoping for a Ducks deal, preferably one that leverages Zegras.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I think Terry and Kim told Kevyn to stand firm. They got absolutely fleeced on the O’Reilly trade and they do not want that to happen again

then they shouldn't have forced him to make it

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I don't think Columbus has a prospect I'd want. 

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

This is hilarious 

Seriously, have you been to Times Square?

... it was a joke. 

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

RIGHT!?!?!?!???!!!!! I thought it was just me but they have all these guys (not K'Andre Miller, I love him) who I am just like... Ewww GIF by memecandy

Rangers fans: (more likely)

Lafreniere: Jagr (Iginla)

Kakko: Brendan Shanahan (Nick Foligno)

Chytil: Dylan Cozens (Krieder)

Miller: Colton Parayko (McKee)

Kravtsov: Kiril Kaprizov (Yakupov)

Schneider: Shea Weber (Ristolainen)

Lindqvist: Ryan Ellis (Jokiharju)

Jones: Ryan Ellis again (Pilut)

Georgiev: Varlamov (Talbot)

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

moldy-pizza-old-wooden-table-food-poison

They must feel like Jack is cut from the same mold to offer that...

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

This is typical of any NY sports team, probably because of the huge media circus surrounding them. The Yankees are notorious for pumping up their scrubs like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Meh.

BTW, as others have stated, if the NYR do not absolutely blow GMKA out of the water with an offer that is head and shoulders above everyone else's, then I tell them to go pound sand. They are going to pay me an Eastern Conference and 'big city' premium to get their star into MSG or they can leave me alone. The mere fact that they're still in on this says that they will pay. Call their bluff because I don't have to deal. I'd tell them that, if they're serious, any deal includes Lafreniere. Period. If they say "no", I tell them "don't call back until Lafreniere is on the table because it's the only way you're getting your foot in the door...and you can shove Kaapo Kakko straight up your arse." <click>

Edited by ExWNYer