2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

You know, with all of the griping and whining that some people are doing about coaching and play calling and who needs to get sacked, I’m left wondering if some of you guys are getting your résumés ready to take their places should any or all of them be let go.

Did it hurt to lose the game? Absolutely! Should any of them get sacked? Absolutely not! There is no way I could ever do their job, and I don’t think any of us could do it either. Having said that, given how people have said that this was one of the greatest football games ever, I’m left with the impression that this is comparable to Bobby Fischer vs. Boris Spassky in 1972.

So, dammit, they’re still my team, and I could not be more than proud of them!

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/25/2022 at 8:22 PM, Eleven said:

Watch a freaking replay already.  It's thirteen seconds of football.  Then you can give us all the negativity that you desparately want to give.

This has been reported. I'll await a response. I've had it. Leave me out of your personal problems that come on in the evening. That two people liked it/thought it was funny is also disturbing to me.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This has been reported. I'll await a response. I've had it. Leave me out of your personal problems that come on in the evening. That two people liked it/thought it was funny is also disturbing to me.

I find your lack of humour disturbing.

”watch a freaking replay already” was a turn of phrase that made me chuckle. Haha emoji earned. 

I do NOT think you are always negative, at all. Lots of insight and reasonably balanced 

Edited by Thorny

10 hours ago, FogBat said:

You know, with all of the griping and whining that some people are doing about coaching and play calling and who needs to get sacked, I’m left wondering if some of you guys are getting your résumés ready to take their places should any or all of them be let go.

Did it hurt to lose the game? Absolutely! Should any of them get sacked? Absolutely not! There is no way I could ever do their job, and I don’t think any of us could do it either. Having said that, given how people have said that this was one of the greatest football games ever, I’m left with the impression that this is comparable to Bobby Fischer vs. Boris Spassky in 1972.

So, dammit, they’re still my team, and I could not be more than proud of them!

I couldnt do their job. But I would have called for a kickoff in the field of play to burn some time. And I wouldnt have played extreme prevent defense when the other team needs to gain only 35 yards and has 3 time outs. And I think most of the reasonably knowledgeable football fans would have done the same.

I dont think we should sack the coaches...But..it is really disturbing what just happened 5 days ago. --This wasnt a missed field goal or a bad call on a throwback.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't get the dynamic in play here with you two.  It's crazy.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I find your lack of humour disturbing.

”watch a freaking replay already” was a turn of phrase that made me chuckle. Haha emoji earned. 

I do NOT think you are always negative, at all. Lots of insight and reasonably balanced 

I don't think it's funny.  I don't really get what is going between those two, but it's not funny, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Better get guys that can cover and pass rush because Mahomes isn’t the only problem anymore, Joe Burrow has arrived a year early and that offense is going to be just as scary, especially once they fix the o line. 

They need another CB and they need an actual good coverage linebacker. Nakobe Dean would be a good fit. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo should be all over DK Metcalf if he's available there's your hill 

Hill does a helluva lot more than run in straight lines very fast. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love Metcalf for what else he brings, but he’s just not the same kind of versatile receiver that Hill is. 

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

So you responded to it Tuesday ... and today you're upset about it and reporting it? 

Y'all realize that the Bills only have around 7 mill in cap space for next season?  Wait until the following off season when Allen's cap hit jumps to about $40 mill.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2022/01/23/buffalo-bills-2022-offseason-starts-schedule-draft-picks-opponents-salary-cap-space/6630899001/

Buffalo could release center Mitch Morse to save $8.5 million in cap space while taking a $2.75 million hit in dead money. The Bills could save $6.1 million with $1.5 million in dead cap by parting ways with wide receiver Cole Beasley. They could also save $5.1 million by releasing linebacker A.J. Klein. with only $400,000 in dead money

They have 41 players under contract for next year.  Hughes, Boettger, Levi Wallace, McKenzie, H Phillips and Siran Neal are UFAs.  Bates is a RFA and a priority to re-sign.  The Bills apparently want Beasley back even if they can save 6.1 mill by releasing him.  

We need upgrades at CB and LB, especially if they cut Klein.  We need depth at OL.  I'm not really worried about WR.  I'd cut Beasley and re-sign McKenzie who really grew at the end of the season.  Davis, Diggs, and McKenzie is a good place to start at WR.  

It's going to be a long off-season.

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Bills apparently want Beasley back even if they can save 6.1 mill by releasing him.  

He is replaceable on the field, but I don't know about off the field.

Of the rest of the guys, only Phillips and Wallace are concerns.  Boettger will be re-signed at the right price (and Ford might be let go), McKenzie doesn't play much anymore, and the rest are replaceable.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No we literally do not. Josh Allen just played 2 pretty good football teams and basically did whatever he wanted on offense. 

Mahomes has a much easier time generating offense because of Hill and Kelce. He can stress a defense without having to make the superman plays Allen has to make routine for similar success.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I don't get the dynamic in play here with you two.  It's crazy.

I don't think it's funny.  I don't really get what is going between those two, but it's not funny, IMO.

If I find someone is really grinding my gears, I simply put them on Ignore for a while.  The forum software lets you peek at their responses, but doing so gives me a chance to take a deep breath.  A lot of the Sabrespace all-star posters have been on my ignore list; sometimes I just need a break (and I wouldn't be surprised if I've been put on ignore by some of you).  This forum is like living on a submarine and sometimes you just need space.

My ignore list is at a very low level right now (and most of them are people who've been banned anyway).

24 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Mahomes has a much easier time generating offense because of Hill and Kelce. He can stress a defense without having to make the superman plays Allen has to make routine for similar success.

Did ppl not watch Allen lobbing passes to Gabe Davis wide open?

A tyreek hill can only be added if you cut Diggs, not enough money for both

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.