COVID-19

Indabuff

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What public school in NY is closed currently?

I know Corey Hogan is suing Clarence to open (although I do not know if it is open part time); there may be others.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Those vaccinations have a full FDA approval.

Good point.

Edited by Eleven

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I know Corey Hogan is suing Clarence to open; there may be others.

Good point.

What you call open means in person. 

All public schools are open and teaching. Open does not mean in-person. 

14 hours ago, Curt said:

My workplace just started this week with the policy that if you have been fully vaccinated, you don’t need to wear a mask.  So now most are not wearing masks.  I don’t love it, but totally understand the need to return to normal.  I’m fully vaccinated but I’m still wearing for now.  

Hope you have a good mask.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What you call open means in person. 

Yes, that's what I mean and it's what the guv means, too.

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Also opening schools for in person teaching with 4 weeks left in the school year is just dumb. 

Yes.

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yes, that's what I mean and it's what the guv means, too.

Yes.

Got it, I was confused at the start. 

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I get my 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow. 

Stay hydrated

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SwampD said:

I had to work with a guy who was sneezing and snorting and coughing, but because, “it’s not Covid,” apparently it’s okay.

Stay the ***** home if you are sick.

Given that I am watching clouds of pollen fly from my pines and my red car is usually yellow in less than 2 hours after parking it I would say allergies are a real solid possibility here.

8 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

what???!!?!!?!?! do people really think there is a microchip in the vaccine?  Are these the same people that think the earth is flat, that the sun revolves around the earth?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-microchip-fit-why-decided-100000123.html

Yes, of course they do.  They read about it on their smartphone and then log into Facebook and Twitter to tell everyone about how the government is using a vaccine to track them and manipulate their behavior.  They are really quite smart these people having figured out there is a microchip in the vaccine.

Hell, that probably explains the semiconductor and chip shortage happening in the world.

🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, bg17 said:

Volunteering other people’s healthy teenagers to be exposed to a small risk of vaccine-related myocarditis seems like such an easy decision to make. Who knew?

Did you even read the article you linked?  Not only has there not been even a correlation, let alone a causal link, between the vaccine and myocarditis, the article even says:

"The vaccine safety group says the “relatively few” reports of myocarditis “appear to be mild” and are below the expected baseline rates. "

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Given that I am watching clouds of pollen fly from my pines and my red car is usually yellow in less than 2 hours after parking it I would say allergies are a real solid possibility here.

Most likely. It’s been really bad here this year.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Yes, of course they do.  They read about it on their smartphone and then log into Facebook and Twitter to tell everyone about how the government is using a vaccine to track them and manipulate their behavior.  They are really quite smart these people having figured out there is a microchip in the vaccine.

Hell, that probably explains the semiconductor and chip shortage happening in the world.

🙂

Now that’s funny.

4 hours ago, LTS said:

🙂

Allergies are bad this year for sure.

As to the chip, my only question is why in the hell would any one in their sane, or hell, even insane mind think for a moment they would want to track a mundane guy like me? I mean seriously, what would they be looking for, my flatulence regularity? My trips to the store for depends?

People who believe they are micro-chipping me in my vaccine, yea, I would like to encourage them to think that, so I can run around after tomorrow and start to say something in front of them or to them and pretend I'm getting electric shock mid sentence, then look up and say, "I won't say it again" in a fearful voice while breaking wind as I back away.

You know, mess with people. 🙂

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

As to the chip, my only question is why in the hell would any one in their sane, or hell, even insane mind think for a moment they would want to track a mundane guy like me? I mean seriously, what would they be looking for, my flatulence regularity? My trips to the store for depends?

People who believe they are micro-chipping me in my vaccine, yea, I would like to encourage them to think that, so I can run around after tomorrow and start to say something in front of them or to them and pretend I'm getting electric shock mid sentence, then look up and say, "I won't say it again" in a fearful voice while breaking wind as I back away.

I have said for the last 20+ years that the guy whose job it is to surveil me, well, I just feel sorry for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Ask the federal government, they’ve been doing it extensively for years. 

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-news-mild-covid-19-induces-lasting-antibody-protection/

“People with mild cases of COVID-19 clear the virus from their bodies two to three weeks after infection, so there would be no virus driving an active immune response seven or 11 months after infection,” Ellebedy said. “These cells are not dividing. They are quiescent, just sitting in the bone marrow and secreting antibodies. They have been doing that ever since the infection resolved, and they will continue doing that indefinitely.”

Ellebedy and colleagues now are studying whether vaccination also induces long-lived antibody-producing cells.

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

2nd Moderna dose received 2 minutes ago. Now have to wait 15 minutes or so, and it's off to the house. Will continue to hydrate.

I had Pfizer and other than a mild headache that night, I had no side effects (and the headache may not have been related). You might be totally okay. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I had Pfizer and other than a mild headache that night, I had no side effects (and the headache may not have been related). You might be totally okay. 

Yea, some chills early this morning, nothing big. At work now. Really fortunate, wasn't adversely affected at all. At least, not as of now.