COVID-19

Indabuff

As always, remember that there are people who, medically, cannot get the vaccine. They are not big enough to be THE PROBLEM, but you wearing a mask can prevent the spread, and therefore prevent them from catching a deadly disease. If everyone that could just went and got the vaccine the risk for those people would be much lower, but we are here and this is the reality we live in.

Also, no vaccines prevent you from getting the disease. You can get any disease if you lower your level of what "having it" means. If you get a single germ in you are you sick? No, probably not, especially if your body is equipped to take that germ out post-haste. But do you "have" the disease? Maybe if you define it that way.

You know how people say they got the flu from their flu shot? They didn't, those cells are dead. What happened is they just caught the flu after they got the shot. What they might not realize is that the symptoms of it would have been way worse if they hadn't prepared themselves to fight it. Instead of a headache and queazy stomache one day they could have been vomiting and out of work for the week.

And thats what the vax does. It doesn't prevent the disease, it lowers the risk of health issues when you get it. You're teaching the body how to fight it so its more likely to fend off any infection you might get and fight it off quickly. A batch of the virus plops into your eyeball when someone speaks near you, and your body recognizes it and fights it off more quickly because its ready for it and knows how to fight it. If you don't have the vax your body will take a while to recognize the issue, and all while its figuring that out the virus is multiplying and multiplying, which means you have to fight harder to take it out.

When you have the vaccine the risk of hurting you is lower, and the lower the chance to spread it on. Its never zero, but every shot lowers the risk to you and everyone.

Edited by sabills
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

We have to put our masks back on to get them to put theirs back on.

Maybe  

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/07/26/covid-vaccination-california-counties/

From the article - A new analysis finds several counties with above-average vaccination rates also have higher COVID case rates, while case rates are falling in counties with below-average vaccination rates.

• Haha (+1) 2

I am at the point that if you are going to be anti-vax about covid I don't have to feel bad if you get sick and die. your anti-vax ***** is screwing everyone else over. Yes I am including the people that can't get the vaccine for a legitimate reason in the group being screwed over.

If you are anti-vax you are contributing to killing the percentage of the population that is most at risk of covid. Congratz you have failed at living in society .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, bg17 said:

Maybe  

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/07/26/covid-vaccination-california-counties/

From the article - A new analysis finds several counties with above-average vaccination rates also have higher COVID case rates, while case rates are falling in counties with below-average vaccination rates.

Or, once the Covid rates go up in those other counties, so will vaccination rates.

i was talking with my wife. her company went back to requiring masks. my wife has been vaccinated for months. 

its so stupid. people in other countries would kill for the vaccine, and we have people that wont get it for whatever reason. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

i was talking with my wife. her company went back to requiring masks. my wife has been vaccinated for months. 

its so stupid. people in other countries would kill for the vaccine, and we have people that wont get it for whatever reason. 

The audacious privilege of having life saving medicine at your fingertips and choosing to forego it.

• Like (+1) 1

Getting my 2nd pfizer tomorrow at noon.   

Talk with my manager went like this. 

me:  Might be sick tomorrow, getting 2dn shot
her: when you getting shot ? 
me: at 12h50
her: oh no worries takes half a day to get sick
me: I got nightshift .... 
her: big eyeroll 😄

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Getting my 2nd pfizer tomorrow at noon.   

Talk with my manager went like this. 

me:  Might be sick tomorrow, getting 2dn shot
her: when you getting shot ? 
me: at 12h50
her: oh no worries takes half a day to get sick
me: I got nightshift .... 
her: big eyeroll 😄

it was almost 24 hours before i felt sick after my second, and i was out for 3 days after

As much as I dislike wearing masks because of the current status quo, I think I might never ever stop wearing masks in public indoor places for the rest of my days.  Why should I stop?  It's a minor inconvenience to me.  In spite of all the people refusing to do what's best for society, that's not enough of a reason for me to not do what I can and should morally do to protect people (including myself for fux sake!), especially when it comes to my loved ones and friends.

Lots of sensible people in Asia are way more familiar than we are about how bad these viruses can get.  They wear masks without a thought.  That is the mindset that we in the west need to get to. 

Here's a clip from Apocalypse Now that seems especially fitting to me...

Edited by BagBoy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

It's approved, it's in global test trials. If I had a racing car I would make sure to have seat belts and air bags.

Emergency use only.  The license is not approved.  Moderna has never developed a vaccine.  An interesting fact to note is no animal study went beyond 56 days  because the immediate goal was to prove mRNA vaccines could mount a good immune response with little acute adverse effects.  Hence, we have no data even in animal studies as to long term adverse effects of mRNA vaccines.   mRNA vaccines are still considered experimental and people receiving these vaccines are part of the experiment. 

Just now, MISabresFan said:

Emergency use only.  The license is not approved.  Moderna has never developed a vaccine.  An interesting fact to note is no animal study went beyond 56 days  because the immediate goal was to prove mRNA vaccines could mount a good immune response with little acute adverse effects.  Hence, we have no data even in animal studies as to long term adverse effects of mRNA vaccines.   mRNA vaccines are still considered experimental and people receiving these vaccines are part of the experiment. 

Get vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's approved, it's in global test trials. If I had a racing car I would make sure to have seat belts and air bags.

It's received emergency approval not full approval.  Giving the various vaccines emergency approval was the prudent thing to do, but the testing to get to what is typically/traditionally considered full regulatory approval is ongoing.  The global test trials are effectively the largest beta test in world history.

Hoping that we don't end up finding out there are LT detrimental side effects because a lot of us could be hosed if there are.  And we literally don't know if there are, though we anticipate that there aren't.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Frank Reich was vaccinated and tested positive.  

As was expected.

Not with Reich specifically - I mean generally.

The vaccinations will greatly reduce severe illness in those who do have break through cases. They will also suppress transmission, which is really the bigger goal here. We can’t afford the development of a  variant that is vaccine-resistant.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Radar said:

People get the flu who've been vaccinated. This for the most part is political.  And SELFISH.

Correct people still get sick when vaccinated.  How is this political?  Selfish that someone cares what goes in their body?  Maybe we should all eat Gummies and rub hemp over each other, sterilize the unvaccinated, and live in little pink houses for you and me.

• Thanks (+1) 1