COVID-19

Indabuff

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

When people primarily out of defiance don't want to do the sensible thing when it relates to a life and death issue they aren't acting rationally. Nearly 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths associated with covid are not vaccinated. This is ignorance rising to a deadly level. I don't wish anyone ill-will. What I don't have to give is sympathy for something that can be easily prevented. 

They don’t see it as taking a shot to increase survival.  They see it as someone telling them they have to accept an injection or else.  I don’t think any minds get changed ideologically.

Now there’s reports of heart inflammation from the Pfizer vaccine and Guillain-Barr syndrome from J&J.  Add in the distrust people already have in big pharma and there’s no way you will convince them to get jabbed no matter how unlikely it is for these side effects to happen.

21 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

With the Delta variant, age doesn't matter. I have three daughters, ages 23, 22 and 18. None are vaccinated. I keep telling them to get the GD vaccination. These kids think their invincible.

I'm experiencing the same thing. My wife and I are vaccinated, our three boys (35, 30 & 25) are not. Curiously irrelevant fact: my wife and I lean republican, all three boys lean democrat. 

• Like (+1) 1

all i can say is wow. 

i mentioned in a prior post that my sister in law was supposed to go to a wedding for her trash boyfriends sister. however, the bride caught covid.

today's message from my sister in law is that they are now trying to figure out how to have the wedding anyway, even though the bride has tested positive with 2 different tests. they said they are going to try to do a wedding where everyone wears masks and social distance. 

the mother of the bride refuses to get tested because she doesnt want to find out if she has covid because it could mean a 3rd person in the wedding party will test positive.  the maid of honor, who also tested positive said she wont be involved in it if they decide to have it. 

i dont know if the wedding is on at this point, but this is one of those situations that you the board of health should be called and the bride be publicly named for testing positive and still trying to have a party.   i dont know any names of the people involved other than  the trash boyfriend's first name. however, everything about him is trash, through and through

Edited by Mike Honcho

30 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

COVID will not end.  No matter how many first world people get vaccinated.

Probably not but there will be pills to cure it quickly and wont be as big of a deal 

Edited by Mike Honcho
  • Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

all i can say is wow. 

i mentioned in a prior post that my sister in law was supposed to go to a wedding for her trash boyfriends sister. however, the bride caught covid.

today's message from my sister in law is that they are now trying to figure out how to have the wedding anyway, even though the bride has tested positive with 2 different tests. they said they are going to try to do a wedding where everyone wears masks and social distance. 

the mother of the bride refuses to get tested because she doesnt want to find out if she has covid because it could mean a 3rd person in the wedding party will test positive.  the maid of honor, who also tested positive said she wont be involved in it if they decide to have it. 

i dont know if the wedding is on at this point, but this is one of those situations that you the board of health should be called and the bride be publicly named for testing positive and still trying to have a party.   i dont know any names of the people involved other than  the trash boyfriend's first name. however, everything about him is trash, through and through

I agree that it’s dumb to have a wedding if someone tested positive.  The mother of the bride is stupid and from your post it sounds like it’s a dominant trait in that gene pool.

Dont agree on the publicly naming.  

54 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I agree that it’s dumb to have a wedding if someone tested positive.  The mother of the bride is stupid and from your post it sounds like it’s a dominant trait in that gene pool.

Dont agree on the publicly naming.  

realistically i dont think anyone would publicly name them. to me though its crazy there is even a discussion of having the wedding. if i was the groom, i would run the other way and realize i dodged a bullet

Edited by Mike Honcho

26 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

realistically i dont think anyone would publicly name them. to me though its crazy there is even a discussion of having the wedding. if i was the groom, i would run the other way and realize i dodged a bullet

Probably right on dodging a bullet but we men are simple creatures.  At least she’s not a Kardashian.  

As far as the COVID thing, just keep on keepin on.

Im not sure how many people went to the covid wedding but they still had it, even though the bride tested positive 

They setup a zoom for the people that didn't want to go in person and catch covid.

It people like this that causes us to stay in the pandemic 

Difficult People Reaction GIF by HULU

Teresa Giudice Burn GIF

The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

20 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Im not sure how many people went to the covid wedding but they still had it, even though the bride tested positive 

They setup a zoom for the people that didn't want to go in person and catch covid.

It people like this that causes us to stay in the pandemic 

Difficult People Reaction GIF by HULU

Teresa Giudice Burn GIF

The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Exactly right. Harsh but true. I saw a bumper sticker that said, "America: ***** Your Feelings." It goes both ways, innit?

On 7/17/2021 at 5:25 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

COVID will not end.  No matter how many first world people get vaccinated.

No, it won't end, but for the fully vaccinated it'll be a non issue, like a flu. 

(unless of course the mutations go in a bad direction)

What I don't get at this point is how disorganized or unprepared all the world governments are regarding travel and vaccine passports. They knew opening borders was going to come at some point, but there's zero consensus or organization on how to regulate things and have actual proper proof of vax. It's a mess. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, it won't end, but for the fully vaccinated it'll be a non issue, like a flu. 

(unless of course the mutations go in a bad direction)

What I don't get at this point is how disorganized or unprepared all the world governments are regarding travel and vaccine passports. They knew opening borders was going to come at some point, but there's zero consensus or organization on how to regulate things and have actual proper proof of vax. It's a mess. 

There is a pretty clear indication that many countries are opening up too quickly and cases are going up.  With wider travel worldwide I think we will have a big problem.  At best we will one day have 1 billion first world folks vaccinated, which leaves about 7 billion.  I hate to say it, but it seems that many are starting to think that the poor, the elderly, the unvaccinated ... are just going to be *acceptable* colateral (SP?) damage, so that the few can have their fun back.

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There is a pretty clear indication that many countries are opening up too quickly and cases are going up.  With wider travel worldwide I think we will have a big problem.  At best we will one day have 1 billion first world folks vaccinated, which leaves about 7 billion.  I hate to say it, but it seems that many are starting to think that the poor, the elderly, the unvaccinated ... are just going to be *acceptable* colateral (SP?) damage, so that the few can have their fun back.

Aren’t there already about 1 billion fully vaccinated and 2 billion who have received at least one dose worldwide?

Not that your overall point is lost, but I’d be happy for your numbers to be low.

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't disagree, and I also think we are opening too quickly, but I think it has more to do with politics and economics now. Too many businesses are just hanging in there by a thread and another year of this and the economy just might collapse, free printed money or not. 

anti vaxers are going to be our undoing. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I hate to read it, but you're right.

i have a co-worker who's brother is really sick from covid, yet she continues to argue why she wont get it. i will never understand anti-vax.  i guess as long as people dont have personal responsibility they will continue.  Long gone are the days of what's best for everyone. now its just me, me, me

Edited by Mike Honcho
  • Sad 1

This just in ... hot off the presses ...

No offence, but you yanks need to stay the blazes home ... 😎

Trudeau has announced that the border will remain closed to general travel until August 21st, at least.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-land-border-1.6110800

EDIT:

***** ... it's you guys that are not opening your border ... lol!!

Note to NS ... read the whole damn thing before going off half cocked ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This just in ... hot off the presses ...

No offence, but you yanks need to stay the blazes home ... 😎

Trudeau has announced that the border will remain closed to general travel until August 21st, at least.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-land-border-1.6110800

EDIT:

***** ... it's you guys that are not opening your border ... lol!!

Note to NS ... read the whole damn thing before going off half cocked ...

This is beyond irritating but I think I know the reason for it:  It would be "bad optics," as the business wonks say, to open the northern border without opening the southern one.

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I've heard people say, "Only 1% of people who get it die. I'll take my chances." Of course 1% of them will be shocked when they actually die.

This phrase can be used about so many things.  We face low percentage risks every day.  When they happen they should be a shock, because they are low percentage outcomes and should not be expected to occur.

You can lower your chances of death from COVID with a vaccine, but you cannot eliminate it.  Similarly you can lower your chance of heart disease by not eating fast food, but people still go for that. You can lower your chance of skin cancer by staying out of the sun, but I was just in Key West and I can assure you that mindset is not thriving there either.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

This phrase can be used about so many things.  We face low percentage risks every day.  When they happen they should be a shock, because they are low percentage outcomes and should not be expected to occur.

You can lower your chances of death from COVID with a vaccine, but you cannot eliminate it.  Similarly you can lower your chance of heart disease by not eating fast food, but people still go for that. You can lower your chance of skin cancer by staying out of the sun, but I was just in Key West and I can assure you that mindset is not thriving there either.

But getting vaxed is easy and the downside (serious side effects) are far, far less likely than that ~1%.  Like at least 10,000 times less likely than dying from Covid.