GDT: 2/23/20 Winnipeg @ Sabres 3pm ET, MSG & WGR550

Derrico

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So where'd this Okposo come from? Finally, after all this time playing like the player we thought we had when Murray signed him. Kreuger effect? I dunno, but he's awesome right now.

Even game, solid effort. Unexpectedly watching the Sabres is fun again.  

Too late? Probably, but fun all the same. 

I thought he looked a little thinner when he came back. Maybe lost a few pounds? 

• Like (+1) 1

More jets fans in the building then I had envisioned but great time overall.  That was a big win.  I had wrote this team off for dead at Christmas but nice to see some life.  The small things both Jack and Dahlin do are incredible.  We have two superstars on our team and not much else but you can see the potential is there.  JJ was excellent today. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He used to be a scorer with the Islanders. What if he's getting his touch back?

I honestly think it might be happening.  I think the major concussion problems might actually be behind him. He commented in the past that he was fully aware that he wasn't living up to his contract.  I think he's a standup guy who's done and continues to do everything he can to get to that level again.  His scoring touch is returning, but I don't think he played such a "heavy" game in his younger days.  Wouldn't it be funny if he turned into exactly the kind of player this team needs?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He used to be a scorer with the Islanders. What if he's getting his touch back?

KO’s contract turning from an albatross into actually useful is nothing short of a spectacular turn of events. 

Please, please, please don’t trade Larsson and Girgs, Botterill. Especially Larsson. Can we still negotiate a deal with Larsson after the deadline? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

More jets fans in the building then I had envisioned but great time overall.  That was a big win.  I had wrote this team off for dead at Christmas but nice to see some life.  The small things both Jack and Dahlin do are incredible.  We have two superstars on our team and not much else but you can see the potential is there.  JJ was excellent today. 

I've noticed in the last few games... since Reinhart's controller unplugged moment against Ottawa, he's played with a lot more speed and tenacity, especially on the back check.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

I honestly think it might be happening.  I think the major concussion problems might actually be behind him. He commented in the past that he was fully aware that he wasn't living up to his contract.  I think he's a standup guy who's done and continues to do everything he can to get to that level again.  His scoring touch is returning, but I don't think he played such a "heavy" game in his younger days.  Wouldn't it be funny if he turned into exactly the kind of player this team needs?

He’s also a massive Harry Potter fan. Love me some KO. 

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

. Can we still negotiate a deal with Larsson after the deadline? 

Of course you can, but unless you offer far more than his agent feels is market value it's unlikely a player signs until after he tests the market. Agents usually advise against that. Only exceptions are hometown loyalty things.

37 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The Pens and Jets have a combined 69 wins. 

The Avs and Vegas have a combined 69 wins. 

We don’t have to suck or blow, just like we just didn’t this weekend. 

It's why, if we are going to lose, losing in OT is imperative. 

3 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

They're playing the exact opposite that they did last year down the stretch when they essentially mailed it in.  

I've been very critical of Ralph but this current stretch is encouraging.  

That's it.  Still don't know yet if the GM knows what he's doing.   

They have the exact record as this time last season.  From this point on they only won 4 games to finish.  The mail it in was just aobut to happen in earnest.  Hopefully it doesn't repeat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.