GDT: 2/23/20 Winnipeg @ Sabres 3pm ET, MSG & WGR550

Derrico

7 minutes ago, Radar said:

I still think you look to next year unless there is a good hockey trade. Those normally are not deadline deals. Look to see what you can get for those not in future plans and continue to build for the future.

I'm of the conservative mindset as well. This team would benefit so much from a playoff appearance -- just to understand what's needed in the years to come. But, do not mortgage or risk the future for a big push this year (the team is solid, but they're missing too many pieces to go through the 2-month slog that is the playoffs). If we could give a 2nd for a UFA/rental 2C, then yeah, that'd be something to look into.

• Like (+1) 1

This team has had steadying, and then slowly improving, underlyings since that awful 10 game stretch early in the season. They've turned the corner, and I think this is apparent not least because there is no apparent "turning point". They've developed into this through consistency. 

We are in the midst of our best "strong finish" since 2012. Battling for a spot legitimately deep into March, if that does come to pass, to me is expectations met. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

That was me Thorny, and I know.

Question though, how on earth did you end up a Sabres fan?

I was born into it, brainwashed from an early age by my Dad who is a lifelong fan. Grew up on Dave Hannan's OT theatrics, and the like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This team has had steadying, and then slowly improving, underlyings since that awful 10 game stretch early in the season. They've turned the corner, and I think this is apparent not least because there is no apparent "turning point". They've developed into this through consistency. 

We are in the midst of our best "strong finish" since 2012. Battling for a spot legitimately deep into March, if that does come to pass, to me is expectations met. 

This is what Ralph said had to happen and would happen.

When it comes to coaching, true transformation is really about installing good habits that push the games like the Ottawa game further and further apart and stacking up consecutive good games more often.

When it comes to GMing, it's about getting more good players. Come on Jason.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is what Ralph said had to happen and would happen.

When it comes to coaching, true transformation is really about installing good habits that push the games like the Ottawa game further and further apart and stacking up consecutive good games more often.

When it comes to GMing, it's about getting more good players. Come on Jason.

Frankly I'm a Ralph supporter now.  There is something about his demeanor that I like. Also the progression of Jack in his role as captain under RK is impressive.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.