GDT: 2/23/20 Winnipeg @ Sabres 3pm ET, MSG & WGR550

Derrico

Just now, dudacek said:

Real nice defensive finish.

12/8/1 in this calendar year. 

When are the same old Sabres going to show up to play out the string?

I saw on Twitter earlier today that if the won this game they would have the same record as this same point in the season last year.  Let's keep these efforts up and get rolling for next season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kristian said:

I’m starting to develop a serious man-crush on Kyle Okposo. That second goal was an awesome shot!

I hated all of the mean spirited posts about him ealrier this season.  He's not a force like he used to be but he's a true pro out there.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I hated all of the mean spirited posts about him ealrier this season.  He's not a force like he used to be but he's a true pro out there.

I really like him as a player (and a person) and I still get scared any time he gets hit or worse... goes after someone to defend a teammate. Love him on the team (cost...sure...) but still worry about him because just like Tim C and LaFontaine and countless others, head injuries are scary.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I saw on Twitter earlier today that if the won this game they would have the same record as this same point in the season last year.  Let's keep these efforts up and get rolling for next season.

If that’s true, we would have to go 4-14-2 the rest of the way. 

This group is better than that. 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The Isles are still playing, but we're not competing with them.

JBot --- it's your call now. Are you going for it or selling for next year? This squad is playing well. Maybe still not quite there, but they're playing well.

I still think you look to next year unless there is a good hockey trade. Those normally are not deadline deals. Look to see what you can get for those not in future plans and continue to build for the future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

DUDE, JONAS IS TALL!

The GMTM school of goalie-ing... draft a really big guy of the Swedish disposition. I don't know that you want to limit yourself to just one nation's tallest people (no offense @MODO Hockey), but both Ullmark and JJ have really blossomed in their years since drafting.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

Yea fair enough, just didnt think Olofsson looked ok tonight at all.

He was fine.  WPG is just a tight checking team.  There wasn't a lot of room out there for Ollie or Jack or Skinner or any of the top threats.

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

"Honey, does this goalie equipment make me look fat?"

Let's hope so!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.