Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I think you are mis-reading what was proposed. The proposed deals were Bogo to Carolina to get back our 3rd and the other deal was to trade Vesey and Risto to Vegas getting a 3rd rounder plus back in the deal. Those deals are done now and the picks used in the off season to make the other deals in which we relinquish those picks again.

So, we are obtaining those picks to be used later.

My Reading Comprehension sucks

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

I'm officially convinced J-Bott should not be doing anything with this roster.  No moves at the trade deadline unless it's a pending UFA.

He's not going to have a job here next season.  Why let him do anything.  And maybe that's why so little has changed.  

We can only hope you’re right. 

So I have been thinking about what it would take to get Cirelli. I think the only way this scenario works is if 1 of the 4 NMC agrees to waive. That means Palat, Gourde, Johnson, or Killorn. That's the only way you get this done and it would have to be a summer deal. 

Let's say Tyler Johnson waives. He has played center and rw so he helps us in multiple ways and is signed for 4 more years at 5mil. This obviously is not ideal but it would greatly help Tampa. So Johnson and Cirelli from Tampa. 

Let's turn to Buffalo now. In order to really make this worth Tampa's time you need to look at where they have weaknesses. The only real weakness they have after this year is their RHD is going to be very young and a little thin. So let would mean Montour or Risto on Buffalo's end as part of the package back. Both are 25 and Risto is already on a deal but Montour is an RFA so maybe that appeals to Tampa as they could sign him to what they want. Obviously this is not close to enough. I think you have to throw in Casey Mittelstadt and again that depends on if they like him at all. This gives them the potential to at least replace Cirelli in some way. I think you also need to toss in something else from Buffalo in the form of draft picks. It might take a 1st next year and a 2nd this year or something along those lines. You really have to oversell and go for broke here. 

Cirelli and Johnson for Montour (5milx4?) Mitts, 2020 2nd, 2021 first. I think that would get you in the ballpark.

Or you can go the other route. Cirelli and Palat for Reinhart, Montour/Risto and maybe a sweetner pick of a 4th rounder, still might need a prospect in there like Pekar or something. 

Just trying to think out what it would take. I think I may be under on the value in the first trade to be honest. Just spitballing for fun. I know nothing will ever happen. 

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Ya'll keep dreaming about Cirelli signing an OS, when not even Aho would sign one for Montreal, and players like Zucker has Buffalo on his 10-team NTC.

That isn't speculation.  It's whiny dreaming.  I can hear the lisp when I read it.

Aho signed an offer sheet with Montreal. Carolina matched it. 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Ya'll keep dreaming about Cirelli signing an OS, when not even Aho would sign one for Montreal, and players like Zucker has Buffalo on his 10-team NTC.

That isn't speculation.  It's whiny dreaming.

Exactly.

The #1 underlying issue isn't the talent of the players here, it's the culture, and not just in the locker room, but up and down the organization.

Losing has been accepted here at Key Bank Center. No players will even consider coming here until that changes, and I highly suspect an overwhelming majority of the current players here quietly want the hell out I'd surmise.

The Pegula's must grab the bull by the horns and change this situation immediately. As each day passes, the longer they wait, the more entrenched the "losing culture" stigma becomes. Imho.

Everytime someone blames losing culture for actually losing I want to break my computer. We are losing because our team isn't good. There is no entrenched losing is okay culture. Also the narrative no one wants to come here is so old and boring and broken. Why even bother proving it wrong? 

Stopping saying losing culture and making a built in excuse to lose. You are part of the very culture you are mad about by pretending it exists in the first place. "Well there is losing culture so they lose." No they lose because they are not good enough but sure let's blame them not being good enough on anything other than them not being good enough... like culture. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Everytime someone blames losing culture for actually losing I want to break my computer. We are losing because our team isn't good. There is no entrenched losing is okay culture. Also the narrative no one wants to come here is so old and boring and broken. Why even bother proving it wrong? 

Stopping saying losing culture and making a built in excuse to lose. You are part of the very culture you are mad about by pretending it exists in the first place. "Well there is losing culture so they lose." No they lose because they are not good enough but sure let's blame them not being good enough on anything other than them not being good enough... like culture. 

I’ll stop saying it when they players who leave stop saying it (as well as some who are still here.)

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If “the culture” isn’t the reason the team loses, then me saying it is even less of a reason.

It's not, they lose because they don't play high event hockey in the offense zone and have below average goaltending but you keep telling yourself it is because of culture. Maybe we can run Eichel out of time like ROR got shipped off. 

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Exactly.

The #1 underlying issue isn't the talent of the players here, it's the culture, and not just in the locker room, but up and down the organization.

Losing has been accepted here at Key Bank Center. No players will even consider coming here until that changes, and I highly suspect an overwhelming majority of the current players here quietly want the hell out I'd surmise.

The Pegula's must grab the bull by the horns and change this situation immediately. As each day passes, the longer they wait, the more entrenched the "losing culture" stigma becomes. Imho.

I'm becoming more and more worried that this franchise is becoming a place players shun. Hockey heaven may be more like hockey hell.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Thank you.  Some folks here are starting to sound like freakin' Pol Pot: "Everyone associated with the tank must go, we must rid the building of the tank's stench."  It's insane.  ADD TALENT = WIN GAMES.

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

Thank you.  Some folks here are starting to sound like freakin' Pol Pot: "Everyone associated with the tank must go, we must rid the building of the tank's stench."  It's insane.  ADD TALENT = WIN GAMES.

The question is how do you add that talent. Draft it? Well hopefully we can. That's going to take time and hopefully we have management and scouting to do it. That's a big question. Free agency? Maybe but that's expensive and doesn't seem  to work very well. Might get a guy there who can help. Trades? Sounds good.........if you have something to trade.

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

I would normally agree with this......except,

This team had high end talent:

Ryan O'Reilly - Conn smythe winner, 1C

Evander Kane -  2nd line LW power forward

Jeff Skinner - 1 / 2 line LW finisher

Jack Eichel, Samson Reinhart

Individuals that espouse "lack of talent" baffle individuals such as myself. The talent was/is here. Even Girgs has potted 15 to 20 in the past. Sheath didn't look as horrible as he does here. Johansson has done better.  And the list goes on.

A part of that system these players cratered their careers in while here in Buffalo is not only the acceptance of the play, it is also the atmosphere or environment that is a good portion of the foundation for its existence........"Culture".

1 hour ago, Radar said:

I'm becoming more and more worried that this franchise is becoming a place players shun. Hockey heaven may be more like hockey hell.

Good players don’t want to come play on terrible teams.  If Buffalo was good, plenty of players would like to join the team.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.