Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Back to Risto:  When you see him acting as an offensive player in the offensive zone, he's frequently quite good at it.  He plays a heavier game that almost all of our wingers.  I'd love to see Ralph play Risto, or Bogo, at forward for a whole game.

I don't think you mess with Ristolainen in that regard.  He leads the team in ice time and is having one of his better seasons.  Bogosian?  Sure, by all means.  You're not getting much from him in his current state anyway.

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

True, but I think Risto could potentially be a top-6 forward.  Everyone oohs and ahhs when Dahlin puts on an offensive show, but we've seen Ristolainen do a lot of the same tricks.

There's no way Risto can be a top 6 forward lmao 

I watch the Ducks.    Kase would be a nice add, he has some Briere in him.    Very clever with the puck, superb offensive skill set.    I don't believe he's in the right system here with the Ducks, he could thrive if put in the right situation.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Even if it is for 5th round picks(or later), or even some Amerks reinforcements, I'm attempting to trade every pending UFA(except maybe Girgensons and Larssons) on the team by the deadline...

Frolik
Sheary
Vesey
Bogosian

Larsson and/or Girgensons would garner morethan the others (if anything at all).  They are UFA's.  They have been associated with more losing than others on the team.  Why wouldn't you attempt to trade them? 

5 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Larsson and/or Girgensons would garner morethan the others (if anything at all).  They are UFA's.  They have been associated with more losing than others on the team.  Why wouldn't you attempt to trade them? 

I said "maybe".  :)

If I had to, I'd trade Girgensons before Larsson, but you are right, the stink that is on the players who have been around for the last several years, may never be washed off.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Larsson is 1 of only 2 centers this team has. That's why. 

16 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Even if it is for 5th round picks(or later), or even some Amerks reinforcements, I'm attempting to trade every pending UFA(except maybe Girgensons and Larssons) on the team by the deadline...

Frolik
Sheary
Vesey
Bogosian

They'd definitely need a couple Amerk reinforcements in that scenario because you'd be purging them of players in the middle of their run to the playoffs.

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

exactly. We're already sticking Risto in front. Nobody else goes to the dirty areas very often so why not throw Bogo in there to bang around a little? Can't be worse than some of what we have on the wings can it?

Because he probably wouldn't make it past goal #1 before getting hurt again.....

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I said "maybe".  ?

If I had to, I'd trade Girgensons before Larsson, but you are right, the stink that is on the players who have been around for the last several years, may never be washed off.

This.

I've said it every offseason for the past 3-4 years, this team won't take the next step until they part ways with players who have been poisoned by the tank.   They need fresh starts as much as the Sabres need to move on from them to change the mentality of the team.    

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Trading Larsson right now is probably a stupid idea. 

Unless there is some real locker room cancer we should not trade anyone at this point imo because there is not enough value in this team, dont u agree? 
It is obviously way to late to try and save this season like it has been looking year after year, i strongly believe we need to make a complete makeover when season is done and try something new. And for god sake, grab a coach that can coach. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Larsson is 1 of only 2 centers this team has. That's why. 

You mean on this team that has not sniffed the playoffs in 8 years.  I like Son of Lars, but he may be the only UFA that has any return value.   We need to move on from the past, so  take what you can get.  Maybe Larsson plus another part can get you into the second /third round.

3 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

You mean on this team that has not sniffed the playoffs in 8 years.  I like Son of Lars, but he may be the only UFA that has any return value.   We need to move on from the past, so  take what you can get.  Maybe Larsson plus another part can get you into the second /third round.

So you are trading a roster player for a player 3-5 years away from NHL significance? We can't keep doing that. Keep Larsson but the rest of the UFA's I don't honestly care if this is what happens. 

Botterill noted in 2018 they wanted more defenders. Boy did he deliver. 

Aren't five defensemen in six picks this weekend excessive? Especially with the overall lack of depth in goal and on the wings? No goalies?

That's seven defensemen drafted in two years, plus the recent trade acquisition of ex-BU captain Brandon Hickey from Arizona and the free-agent signing of Lawrence Pilut. Before you get all Game 7 of 2006 in Carolina on me when it comes to defensemen, there aren't nearly enough snipers in this organization.

"You can never have too many defensemen," Botterill said. "It was something we did talk a lot about, adding more defensemen. The way we want to play, you look at our pipeline right now, we had to have more defensemen into our group, so we're very happy how the day turned out.

"We're very excited about developing a young player like Brendan Guhle," Botterill said. "You've seen some of our decisions to get a player like Hickey. We're obviously excited about [Casey] Fitzergald. As much as we're excited about Brendan Guhle, we want to make sure there's more Brendan Guhles coming. That was a point of emphasis for us the last couple of days."

Also add to that bolded part, Johnson, Jokiharju, Montour, Miller. There is a very real reason that I am in panic mode about our forward group. It was a problem in 2018 and it remains one today. And yes I am quoting Harrington because he shockingly made a good point. https://buffalonews.com/2018/06/23/mike-harrington-botterill-doing-things-his-way-bizarre-as-it-may-seem/

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.