Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Athletic Winnipeg had 5 Defenseman that the Jets could target in trade. 

Risto and Miller were mentioned as possible targets.

The rumor from the summer about the return for Risto would have made NS very happy......

That "rumor" has been out there for a while.  Throw Mitts or Tage in there and grab another scorer.  

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The rumor from the summer about the return for Risto would have made NS very happy......

I still don't think the Jets are ideal partners unless the Sabres can work a deal to send picks from Winnipeg to another team for a real player. I think Winnipeg would take Miller but they wont give us anything we need from their forward corps in return.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, LGR4GM said:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

I so wish the larger population had a true inkling of what this statement means. But, I digress...………………...

Hockey wise, I agree.

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

The past called, it has nothing new to say.

Truer words not been spoken in a long time. We don't even get a "No Goal" anymore. We have been relegated to "HOCKEY HELL".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Kapanen in Toronto healthy scratch.

Info per Luke Fox twitter:

Kapanen's scratch tonight is not injury-related. Sheldon Keefe expected to update press post-game.

I would love Kapanen for Colin Miller but I’m sur the Leafs want Montour instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, freester said:

I would love Kapanen for Colin Miller but I’m sur the Leafs want Montour instead. 

I would do Montour for Kapanen.  Still has two years after this season under contract at a reasonable price.  Would be an instant upgrade on RW whereas we have other options on D.  Something that drives me nuts is how our coaching staff puts Montour on the left D side anyway....he needs to be on the right side.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/28/2020 at 9:43 PM, SwampD said:

Me.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

This year we should never trade our first.

That trade proposal is a joke. Risto himself is worth more than what Anaheim is giving up.  Giving away a first and swapping a bunch of garbage isn't going to help.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freester said:

Montour is mediocre.  Another terrible Botteril trade.  He’s also going to get a hefty contract. 

Why would he get a hefty contract?  He isn’t putting up big numbers.

It also depends on what you consider a hefty contract I suppose.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:32 PM, Brawndo said:

Risto and Jack are the only 2 players on this team that i like

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Montour doesn’t do defence very good so yeah send him to Toronta.

I'm not a Montour fan at all.  His "freelancing" appears to have been reigned in by RK and staff, but he's just another PMD without much effectiveness in his own end.  How many figure skaters does JB need on the blueline?

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm not a Montour fan at all.  His "freelancing" appears to have been reigned in by RK and staff, but he's just another PMD without much effectiveness in his own end.  How many figure skaters does JB need on the blueline?

I like Montour's game, but he needs to be paired with the right guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

How can you not like Dahlin? There are a few others but he seems a lock?

I am sure I will get there but I just haven't seen it yet with him. I am confident that he will be a superstar and I know he has all the points, but I feel about him exactly how I felt about Jack in the first three years. Jack has reached the level where he is super star and it is not a given yet with dahlin

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I am sure I will get there but I just haven't seen it yet with him. I am confident that he will be a superstar and I know he has all the points, but I feel about him exactly how I felt about Jack in the first three years. Jack has reached the level where he is super star and it is not a given yet with dahlin

I hear ya. The nice thing is if we use Jack as a comparison Dahlin should be a real asset in a couple years.

5 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Dahlin has looked really good the last few weeks, you can tell the game is slowing down for him. 

We're seeing more and more "wow" plays with the puck on his stick.  The points will come.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.