Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

"The points will come" 

Dahlin is doing pretty good in the points category. 

What about every other category? He frightens me playing any sort of defense what so ever.  I'd need a breakdown of his game in the D zone that I haven't seen to date. What the eye test tells me is that is struggles woefully in the D zone but because of his offisive prowess it goes largely unnoticed. 

Edited by inkman

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I like Montour's game, but he needs to be paired with the right guy. 

I'm with the Montour detractors, but if we have to have him I agree with this. Problem is we don't have that guy. JBot seems to think 6 PMD is the way to go, but my view would be 3 PMD max. paired, in primarily set pairings, with 3 SAH guys (as in stay at home, or tough in front of the net or defensively responsible or whatever you want to call them - eg. Boston Carlo with Krug).  Borgen might develop into one, Risto playing the right way could be one, but really, we don't have them.

7 hours ago, inkman said:

What about every other category? He frightens me playing any sort of defense what so ever.  I'd need a breakdown of his game in the D zone that I haven't seen to date. What the eye test tells me is that is struggles woefully in the D zone but because of his offisive prowess it goes largely unnoticed. 

Actually since returning from his injury his defensive zone play has markedly improved. Still the odd issue but every defender gets beat now and then. 

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

do better

This is obnoxious. You toss out something, you get told that it's happening, but you then come back with well it's not good enough for me. This isn't furthering the conversation it's just an obnoxious arrogant response. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This is obnoxious. You toss out something, you get told that it's happening, but you then come back with well it's not good enough for me. This isn't furthering the conversation it's just an obnoxious arrogant response. 

It is.

It's also typical for pi.  I've learned to just filter it out.  We all have our ticks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm with the Montour detractors, but if we have to have him I agree with this. Problem is we don't have that guy. JBot seems to think 6 PMD is the way to go, but my view would be 3 PMD max. paired, in primarily set pairings, with 3 SAH guys (as in stay at home, or tough in front of the net or defensively responsible or whatever you want to call them - eg. Boston Carlo with Krug).  Borgen might develop into one, Risto playing the right way could be one, but really, we don't have them.

Borgen is definitely one, and could be a possible pair with Pilut on the third next year.  The ascent of Joki on the right makes Montour somewhat expendable.  Especially how you pair.   Dahlin, Joki and Pilut are PMD.  You have Risto and Borgen as SAH.  You cannot give a large free agent contract to him when you still need another LD to pair with him.  McCabe is not the answer in my opinion.  Question is what kind of return would he garner?  Plus McCabe has been part of the losing, so even if I can get past this there just needs to be a purging of players associated with the losing.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Borgen is definitely one, and could be a possible pair with Pilut on the third next year.  The ascent of Joki on the right makes Montour somewhat expendable.  Especially how you pair.   Dahlin, Joki and Pilut are PMD.  You have Risto and Borgen as SAH.  You cannot give a large free agent contract to him when you still need another LD to pair with him.  McCabe is not the answer in my opinion.  Question is what kind of return would he garner?  Plus McCabe has been part of the losing, so even if I can get past this there just needs to be a purging of players associated with the losing.  

SAH?

Sack-adding hooligans?

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Actually since returning from his injury his defensive zone play has markedly improved. Still the odd issue but every defender gets beat now and then. 

I wasn't telling you to do better, I was talking about Dahlin.   

While his current point production is nice, by saying "do better" I fully expect his point totals to continue to increase based on his play.     I'm not content with where he's at, the standard, for him, and the organization as whole, should be higher.     

14 hours ago, inkman said:

This might be a crazy idea: But didn't Dahlin play Center for a couple of years before he arrived in the NHL? I remember Bret Burns got moved to forward, would Buffalo ever consider doing this with Dahlin? I think Rasmus has the size and skillset to make that transition smoothly

Edited by Ruff Around The Edges

15 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

This might be a crazy idea: But didn't Dahlin play Center for a couple of years before he arrived in the NHL? I remember Bret Burns got moved to forward, would Buffalo ever consider doing this with Dahlin? I think Rasmus has the size and skillset to make that transition smoothly

He played forward as a child some I believe.  I have no doubt that he is talented enough to make the transition semi successfully with a great deal of effort, but why?  Why would you do that?  Also Dahlin would have to actually want to do it.

38 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I wasn't telling you to do better, I was talking about Dahlin.   

While his current point production is nice, by saying "do better" I fully expect his point totals to continue to increase based on his play.     I'm not content with where he's at, the standard, for him, and the organization as whole, should be higher.     

I get that. I am just saying it doesn't further things as much as this does. 

I am not content where he is at. I am not very content to where the defense as a group is and think they should fire the defensive coach. There they could do better. 

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If Kase is available in a trade, that’s something the Sabres should be looking into, especially if the Ducks are going to move him on the cheap 

6CB482F2-0D59-4BEE-8A58-74636A7EA95F.jpeg

Doesn't it kind of imply that they won't move him "on the cheap" if they're not shopping him?

Edited by Eleven

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd like to see them dress Bogo as an actual winger. Big body and he wanders all over the place anyway, so why not? Makes more sense than juggling the 7D men the way they do. 

If Mark Pysyk can score a hat trick, why not Bogo?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.