Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, Weave said:

I wonder what went wrong.  My gut tells me his injuries at mid season every year were of the nagging variety that would have been handled differently if we were a team with hope.  I think he’s another that lost his love for the game as a result of the debacle that has been Sabres hockey for the last 7 seasons.  And now the combo of continued no hope and the diminishing skills after missing so much time has him on the outside looking in.

Please tell me how this works. I am so curious as to how Bogo's injuries and poor play are the organization's fault. 

I mean, ROR lost his love of the game and all that and it didn't cause him to be injured, or lose his ability to play hockey well. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

My scenario is that Boterill has tried to find a trade partner. Everyone wanted the Sabres to retain salary. Boterill just can't do that.

Bogo's manager I'm sure has been calling around to see if there is any interest to try and get his client playing again. No luck.

So they two parties chose to mutually part ways the only way that could work, which is putting him on waivers.

Someone might be willing to take a chance since his salary for the remainder of the year is 1.5 mill (?) with no strings. Doubtful, but it's the only shot Bogo has of seeing the ice the rest of the season and he needed to go for it.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Weave said:

I, for one, will miss Concept of Bogosian.  He had a particular set of talents that we could use.  

I wonder what went wrong.  My gut tells me his injuries at mid season every year were of the nagging variety that would have been handled differently if we were a team with hope.  I think he’s another that lost his love for the game as a result of the debacle that has been Sabres hockey for the last 7 seasons.  And now the combo of continued no hope and the diminishing skills after missing so much time has him on the outside looking in.

I hold no negative emotions over Bogo.  It should have worked out better than it did.

I'm with you, Weave, all except for the "lost the love" part.  If he lost his love for the game, it was due to his frustrating injury history more than anything going on with the team.

9 minutes ago, Sakman said:

Please tell me how this works. I am so curious as to how Bogo's injuries and poor play are the organization's fault. 

I mean, ROR lost his love of the game and all that and it didn't cause him to be injured, or lose his ability to play hockey well. 

Yeah, you took that the wrong way.  I think his injuries would have resulted in him playing out the season as best he could and leaving it all on the ice if we were a good team, but because the seasons were lost before they ever really started he opted for season ending treatments.  What would be the point of playing out the season when it was yet another wasted season?

Injuries catch up to most player and time catches up to all players. I have good memories of Bogo's first Sabres game, and of the shot of him and Reino and Jack walking down the Arizona hallway after the brawl at the end of the game -- laughing away. Alas...  what do y'all do with the bunker? Make a wine cellar or a cantina or something?

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, you took that the wrong way.  I think his injuries would have resulted in him playing out the season as best he could and leaving it all on the ice if we were a good team, but because the seasons were lost before they ever really started he opted for season ending treatments.  What would be the point of playing out the season when it was yet another wasted season?

Ok that makes sense. Yes, I read it completely differently. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.