Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Brawndo

From the news: 

‘The cap hit makes it unimaginable that any team would claim Bogosian. Once he clears waivers, the Sabres could send Bogosian to Rochester or arrange to loan him to another AHL team, as they did the last two seasons with forward Matt Moulson, and save $1.075 million of his cap. They could also do nothing and keep him on the roster.’

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I wonder if he goes? Is there salary relief for the Sabres in this? 

Expect he'd accept the move.  Considering with Gilmour and Hammond up ($1.4MM combined) and only $1.075MM of the ~$2.9MM cap overage coming off the books for Bogosian getting sent down, no there is no cap relief for the Sabres.  When Hammond goes back down, they'll have ~$3.2MM of their BF-LTIR cushion available until Pilut or somebody else gets brought back up.

I don't know why anyone questioned whether he'd accept the assignment. If he doesn't he gives up the rest of his $5+ mil for the season and does not help his cause if he at all expects tire-kickers over the summer.

Dude has "earned" over $50 mil playing in the NHL, whatever happens, he'll be fine.

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I’ve never heard him referred to as a cancer.  Can you please provide your source and facts? 

Although to be fair I don't think there was any talk of him being a locker room cancer; I think it all comes out of this rumor.

1 hour ago, ... said:

I don't know why anyone questioned whether he'd accept the assignment. If he doesn't he gives up the rest of his $5+ mil for the season and does not help his cause if he at all expects tire-kickers over the summer.

Dude has "earned" over $50 mil playing in the NHL, whatever happens, he'll be fine.

You’d think the prudent move if he wants another contract is to be a good soldier and play hard in the AHL, but he already reacted emotionally and imprudently with the trade demand.  He might blow this one up too.  

36 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

You’d think the prudent move if he wants another contract is to be a good soldier and play hard in the AHL, but he already reacted emotionally and imprudently with the trade demand.  He might blow this one up too.  

Sounds like he may be doing just that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.