Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Wouldn't it be great if we can somehow pass the leafs and play tampa in the first round, they get an injury, and we are facing Bogo in the playoffs?

He may never see the ice in a game for them, but they just added more cheap grit, which is what they needed last year, and if he plays at all, Bogo might just win a cup the lucky bastard. 

• Like (+1) 1

Quite surprised he got more than the minimum.

There must have been another contender interested.

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That'll be fun when he skates the Cup.

As long as he doesn't win the Smythe. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

As long as he doesn't win the Smythe. 

Now that would be the most Buffalo thing ever

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 3

it seems to me that he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere since he didnt fulfill his contract. 

not that i want him on the sabres, but i would think he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere until the contract's original timing expires. 

what stops any player from signing a deal and then quitting on the team and just resigning elsewhere

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I want to thank @Brawndo for his diligent attention to the title of this thread.  It has been nothing short of great--we all can and could tell what's going on just by looking.

I hope he can keep up with JB's flurry of savvy trade moves Monday.

Tampa is getting him at 1/4 the cost the Sabres were paying him?

Not sure he is worth it.

Bet he doesn't make the end of the season without injury or benching.

56 minutes ago, miles said:

it seems to me that he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere since he didnt fulfill his contract. 

not that i want him on the sabres, but i would think he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere until the contract's original timing expires. 

what stops any player from signing a deal and then quitting on the team and just resigning elsewhere

It happens.  It's rare.  But the whole point of terminating a contract is terminating it.  Once it's terminated, it's over and the player is a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

JBot, use that newly found cap space to make a deal. If you have to take a cap dump to get it done, get it done.

Bogo has a legit chance to win a Cup, I like the Bolts out of the east. He will not be a difference maker but the media will stick it to the Sabres whenever he dresses and makes a play.

Bye, seeya, whatever.  You were terrible in the uniform, and hardly stayed on the ice.  While I feel for you in terms of being a good locker room guy, your albatross of a contract overexposed any value you had. 

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

JBot, use that newly found cap space to make a deal. If you have to take a cap dump to get it done, get it done.

Bogo has a legit chance to win a Cup, I like the Bolts out of the east. He will not be a difference maker but the media will stick it to the Sabres whenever he dresses and makes a play.

Maybe he'll send ERod packing, but I doubt it. This upcoming trade deadline has me extremely concerned.

7 hours ago, miles said:

How did he quit? Didn't the Sabres cut him?

4 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Maybe he'll send ERod packing, but I doubt it. This upcoming trade deadline has me extremely concerned.

Why ?  I don't expect any major trades happening.   If you want to worry do it on july 1st.

Enough of this conservative nonsense. They are 6 points out, and gaining. Do what must be done to address the needs to enhance the push.

See what is before you, the here and now, it is the only thing that accounts. Making the playoffs while addressing both longer term AND immediate need settles the matter well in to the off season as we have a ton of UFA's and some assets we can replace with the off season.

You buy to make the push (a UFA or 2 as upgrades on those you ship out), you utilize the critically priced asset or 2 (RHD and 1st rd) to address both longer term AND a push.

Show the players you believe in them Botts, give them the tools to make a real run.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

How did he quit? Didn't the Sabres cut him?

It's in this thread, but I think the chronology went something like:

• Sabres waived Bogo from the active roster.
  • Sabres assigned him to Rochester.
  • Bogo did not report.
  • Sabres waived him again for purposes of contract termination.
  • Contract terminated.

With the relative speed with which it happened, it appears to have been a mutual agreement.  The Sabres get a roster spot and cap space, Bogo gets a chance to sign on with a new club with a lower cap hit than was possible even if the Sabres had retained salary.  It seems like there was no interest from other teams to actually give something up to get Bogo; at this point he's being signed as pre-playoff defensive depth.

Edited by Doohickie