Bogosian Signs a 1.3 Million Dollar Deal with Tampa

Brawndo

44 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t know if he expected it, but there was a lot of money on the line, so I’m sure he thought it was worth a shot.

After the waiver period closes, teams can't put in waiver claims.  Thus the saying that a player "cleared waivers."  There was no possible way for a team to put in a waiver claim during that week.

Again, if the Sabres and Bogosian planned to terminate his contract when he was waived to assign him to the Amerks, they wouldn't have wasted a week having him hang in limbo.

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

That makes no sense whatsoever.  The entirety of his "discounted" cap hit is ~$1.2MM and that is ONLY if the next team keeps him in the AHL.  WTF wants a $4MM+ AHLer?

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Nobody which is why the deal never happened and it proceeded to termination with BOGO being able to sign with a new team at a reduced rate.

Then what were you trying to convey with the post below?

14 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

They sat for a week hoping to work out a trade with Bogo in the AHL at a discounted cap hit.  Nobody bit.

If nobody was going to take him at his AHL price (and nobody was ever going to do that), then why would they sit a week hoping somebody would?  

51 minutes ago, Taro T said:

After the waiver period closes, teams can't put in waiver claims.  Thus the saying that a player "cleared waivers."  There was no possible way for a team to put in a waiver claim during that week.

Again, if the Sabres and Bogosian planned to terminate his contract when he was waived to assign him to the Amerks, they wouldn't have wasted a week having him hang in limbo.

Isn't there a period of time for him to decide whether to report?  And don't the Sabs have to wait for that to elapse before putting him on unconditional waivers and terminating the contract?

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Then what were you trying to convey with the post below?

If nobody was going to take him at his AHL price (and nobody was ever going to do that), then why would they sit a week hoping somebody would?  

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Isn't there a period of time for him to decide whether to report?  And don't the Sabs have to wait for that to elapse before putting him on unconditional waivers and terminating the contract?

Waivers start at page 71 ...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Wouldn't it be great if we can somehow pass the leafs and play tampa in the first round, they get an injury, and we are facing Bogo in the playoffs?

He may never see the ice in a game for them, but they just added more cheap grit, which is what they needed last year, and if he plays at all, Bogo might just win a cup the lucky bastard. 

• Like (+1) 1

it seems to me that he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere since he didnt fulfill his contract. 

not that i want him on the sabres, but i would think he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere until the contract's original timing expires. 

what stops any player from signing a deal and then quitting on the team and just resigning elsewhere

56 minutes ago, miles said:

it seems to me that he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere since he didnt fulfill his contract. 

not that i want him on the sabres, but i would think he shouldnt be allowed to sign elsewhere until the contract's original timing expires. 

what stops any player from signing a deal and then quitting on the team and just resigning elsewhere

It happens.  It's rare.  But the whole point of terminating a contract is terminating it.  Once it's terminated, it's over and the player is a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

JBot, use that newly found cap space to make a deal. If you have to take a cap dump to get it done, get it done.

Bogo has a legit chance to win a Cup, I like the Bolts out of the east. He will not be a difference maker but the media will stick it to the Sabres whenever he dresses and makes a play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.