COVID 19 Discussion

SABRES 0311

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And even if there's something to it, what does it change.  It just confirms that "China gonna China" with their secrecy and redirection.

In the meantime, it does seem that even mediocre vax rates are enough to arrest the continued spread of the virus.

In my county (Tarrant, Texas) I've watched the deaths drop to fewer than one per day from dozens, and new daily cases drop from 4000 per day fewer than 100, and still decaying. 

The disease is terrible and was far too widespread, but it really feels like the vaccines are making a difference.

I completely agree with everything said here except one, the responsibility of public news or private corporate information agencies and entities (i.e. NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX MSNBC, PBS and a slew of print journo's) was completely political propaganda arms of their respective supported group, be it Republican or Democrat. Not a one of these entities should be allowed to retain any Federal Licence or any other required documentation necessary to allow.them to broadcast or print anything as fact to the public.

This was a serious situation, still is for many, and the way both the left and the right, their members, supporters and allies handled the information for public consumption was criminal on so many levels. A complete disgrace to investigative journalism.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Was it was was an unsubstantiated jab at that point intended to deflect focus from a government who handled the situation ineptly, not a conspiracy theory.  The claim needed, and still needs, solid evidence  before it could become anything more.

I agree that more proof is needed.  The case is circumstantial.  However, over the last two weeks a good bit of evidence has come to light.  It is clear that Fauci mislead us.  It smells of coverup.   It would be quite coincidence that the epicenter of a coronavirus pandemic is the same place where there is a virology lab doing research into coronaviruses.

54 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I completely agree with everything said here except one, the responsibility of public news or private corporate information agencies and entities (i.e. NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX MSNBC, PBS and a slew of print journo's) was completely political propaganda arms of their respective supported group, be it Republican or Democrat. Not a one of these entities should be allowed to retain any Federal Licence or any other required documentation necessary to allow.them to broadcast or print anything as fact to the public.

What the hell are you yammering about?  I didn't mention anything about news organizations in my post.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

And even if there's something to it, what does it change.  It just confirms that "China gonna China" with their secrecy and redirection.

In the meantime, it does seem that even mediocre vax rates are enough to arrest the continued spread of the virus.

In my county (Tarrant, Texas) I've watched the deaths drop to fewer than one per day from dozens, and new daily cases drop from 4000 per day fewer than 100, and still decaying. 

The disease is terrible and was far too widespread, but it really feels like the vaccines are making a difference.

This post was moved from the main forum to the politics forum version of the thread.... why?  exactly?

1 hour ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

I agree that more proof is needed.  The case is circumstantial.  However, over the last two weeks a good bit of evidence has come to light.  It is clear that Fauci mislead us.  It smells of coverup.   It would be quite coincidence that the epicenter of a coronavirus pandemic is the same place where there is a virology lab doing research into coronaviruses.

Mmmm, no.  It isn't clear.  Anyone taking a hard side on this issue, regardless of the side, is doing so without substantive evidence.  That's because China has been uncooperative with investigations.

That said, lab leaks happen.  It could very well have been a leak.  Wouldn't surprise me.  It was known back in 2019 that that lab was studying bat coronaviruses.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, Scottysabres said:

This was a serious situation, still is for many, and the way both the left and the right, their members, supporters and allies handled the information for public consumption was criminal on so many levels. A complete disgrace to investigative journalism.

Um, so, you want government control of all information disseminated to the American public?

Uh, that always seems to end well.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, Scottysabres said:

MSM outlets do what they need to for ratings.  A little bit of information and a lot of opinions.  I’ve always told people to watch more than one.  At least then you get different points of view.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

You just know that if we had called it the "War on COVID," all of these anti-mask and anti-vax idiots would have fallen right in line.

Remember the war on Christmas?

• 1 month later...

I just read that the study the CDC used to reinstate the new mask rule was on a study done in india that failed peer review. Additionally the study was done with the AstraZenica vaccine, which is not even allowed in the USA. It is posted by a US Senator, so this could be real or fake. at this point its impossible to tell.  

If this is true, there is something really fishy going on. 

Either way, im not going back to wearing a mask to protect people that wont get the vaccine. if a store requires it, i wont go in.  Amazon has everything i need 

17 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I just read that the study the CDC used to reinstate the new mask rule was on a study done in india that failed peer review. Additionally the study was done with the AstraZenica vaccine, which is not even allowed in the USA. It is posted by a US Senator, so this could be real or fake. at this point its impossible to tell.  

Either way, im not going back to wearing a mask to protect people that wont get the vaccine. if a store requires it, i wont go in.  Amazon has everything i need 

Keep Dan Crenshaw off this board. No one needs his misinformation and *****. Also he is NOT a US Senator. HE IS A LYING Trash HUMAN in the House. 

Dan Crenshaw is a lying sack of crap. I wouldn't trust him if he said good morning. Also he is saying this stuff for political reasons. So we got misinformation and politics. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Further the CDC guidance is not based solely on this thing from India and it took me 5 seconds to find that out. This post should be reported and removed for spreading misinformation and being political in nature. Stop posting this trash. 

Here is something that is NOT garbage being pumped out by a Trump flunky

the CDC this week said that new evidence shows that breakthrough infections may be as transmissible as those in unvaccinated people. They cited a large recent outbreak among vaccinated individuals in the Cape Cod town of Provincetown, Massachusetts, among others, for the change.

As the documents note, COVID-19 vaccines are still highly effective at preventing serious illness and death. The CDC has always expected some breakthrough infections but has struggled with how to explain them to the public.

The internal documents also cite studies from Canada, Singapore and Scotland showing that the delta variant may pose a greater risk for hospitalization, intensive care treatment and death than the alpha variant, first detected in the United Kingdom.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The CDC is adapting it’s Guidelines based on the scientific data it has at the time. As new data comes in, guidelines will change. 

And the Representative from Texas, with zero scientific background, cited the Study from India as the cause for changing the recommendations, when it was actually primarily driven by a case report from Cape Cod when multiple people who were vaccinated tested positive for Covid and they realized the Delta Variant is much more contagious. 

The Irony is those who are part of the I’m not participating in The Study for the Experimental Vaccine Crowd do not realize not only are they part of the experiment, but they are the control group.

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

My brother in Florida, who's been anti-mask and anti-vax, has Covid. He's feeling tired and lightheaded, and he says his blood pressure is "going crazy." Runny nose. No fever though, apparently. His son says the symptoms are just like a cold, and although he wouldn't want to get Covid, there are worse diseases out there, "like influenza." He won't get vaccinated or wear a mask, either. He hasn't gotten it so far, and he thinks his immune system is powerful. He knows someone who got Covid after being vaccinated, so what's the point, and his wife knows someone who had heart surgery recently and developed blood clots after being vaccinated. "All the side effects" is the official reason he gives for not getting jabbed. He's an occupational therapist in a hospital, and his wife works there, too.

Weird, I always thought that Heart Surgery itself carries an inherent risk of post operative blood clots.

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Further the CDC guidance is not based solely on this thing from India and it took me 5 seconds to find that out. This post should be reported and removed for spreading misinformation and being political in nature. Stop posting this trash. 

I was typing this same thing, while you posted this 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Getting it through the heads of the tin foil hat crowd that the CDC is doing everything possible in its power to stop a pandemic for everyone's benefit is an impossible sell with them. We can't talk sense into people who are off in their own little world like this. Even worse, certain right-wing church "leaders" gave their followers the anti-vax Kool-Aid, and they're drinking it like fish in water

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

But this disinformation campaign relies on people not doing their own research 

Not to mention that the ignorance of their followers aids and abets their gravy train.

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't want to do my own research.  I am not a scientist.  What I want is for people to stop twisting and/or denying the information provided by the people who are actually qualified to do, and are doing, the research.

I don't know when we became a society that rejected science and knowledge, but it's really stupid.  The doctors and researchers know what they are doing.

I can tell you when

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't want to do my own research.  I am not a scientist.  What I want is for people to stop twisting and/or denying the information provided by the people who are actually qualified to do, and are doing, the research.

I don't know when we became a society that rejected science and knowledge, but it's really stupid.  The doctors and researchers know what they are doing.

October 7th, 1996.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Keep Dan Crenshaw off this board. No one needs his misinformation and *****. Also he is NOT a US Senator. HE IS A LYING Trash HUMAN in the House. 

Dan Crenshaw is a lying sack of crap. I wouldn't trust him if he said good morning. Also he is saying this stuff for political reasons. So we got misinformation and politics. 

I say anyone who has been in office, any political office for more than two terms, VOTE THEM OUT!  Regardless of what line they walk.  

• 3 weeks later...