Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Recommended Posts

IT'S ABOUT TIME.

This could also mean they're getting ready to pull the trigger on a trade.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

IT'S ABOUT TIME.

This could also mean they're getting ready to pull the trigger on a trade.

They've been healthy scratching two forwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the AHL helps him develop into being close (key word) to what he was originally projected to be.. it just may take 3-4 more years.

 

Projection and Comparison

Mittelstadt has the potential to be a top line centre in the NHL. He has some areas to work on but he has the skillset to lead a team, if he develops properly. There are some questions, generally about the level of competition he has faced to this point in his career, and how his game will translate at the next level. In terms of a comparison, he plays a similar style to Tyler Seguin. This is a stylistic comparison only though, and not an indication of talent level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better than making him a healthy scratch.

If nobody from Ra-cha-cha gets called up to replace him in the press box, does this indicate they're settling in on running 7 D with Sheary and Rodrigues taking turns in the press box, are comfortable with planning to run 12-6 but will readily adjust the plan, should a forward get injured/ill during warm-ups, or is Thompson close to returning? 

Or, might the long awaited D -> F trade be imminent?  And if so, is it the 1 we want to see or of the Bogosian for GLchenyuk variety?

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

IT'S ABOUT TIME.

This could also mean they're getting ready to pull the trigger on a trade.

I’m not questioning the validity but you’ve been around longer. Can you explain how? If I had to guess it’s to clear a spot for whoever may be coming in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should've started the season there.... and then called him up about now for a look.

Hopefully he finds his way, plays +20min/gm and starts lighting it up at some point.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Should've started the season there.... and then called him up about now for a look.

Hopefully he finds his way, plays +20min/gm and starts lighting it up at some point.

Hopefully he finds his way is exactly right.  He's trending bust otherwise.

Will be interesting to see if he lights up the A the way Thompson did.  He should do well at the AHL pace of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good.

I wonder if RK had to convince JB on this, and if so, how long and how much arguing it took, and if, as some have speculated, JB promised Mitts he wouldn't have to go to Rochester and they therefore had to convince Mitts.

In any case, as I've said previously, I don't want to see him here again until he lights up the AHL for at least 25-30 games.  He's not close to being ready.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weave said:

Hopefully he finds his way is exactly right.  He's trending bust otherwise.

Will be interesting to see if he lights up the A the way Thompson did.  He should do well at the AHL pace of play.

Maybe he can one day benefit us like Nylander. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been impressed with the J-Kru leadership tandem.  It really seems to be a meritocracy regardless of contract, veteran status, whether you wear a letter, etc.  The best 20 play.  Refreshing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I believe this will help his game a great deal. Build up his confidence to boot. Maybe he can find chemistry with Tage or one of the up and coming wingers.

He absolutely has the talent to succeed as a pro. It’s up to him to be a successful AHLer or an NHLer. Hopefully he’ll get the support and experience to grab that success. It may take him several games in the AHL to get him going, but I’m confident he’ll get his mojo and do well. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good.

I wonder if RK had to convince JB on this, and if so, how long and how much arguing it took, and if, as some have speculated, JB promised Mitts he wouldn't have to go to Rochester and they therefore had to convince Mitts.

In any case, as I've said previously, I don't want to see him here again until he lights up the AHL for at least 25-30 games.  He's not close to being ready.

So you have no problems not seeing him again till the end of February?

Possibly for the rest of the season if the Sabres are not in the playoff hunt ?

Because that's were I'm at.

Can't wait to see Monday's practice lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Can't wait to see Monday's practice lines.

Casey hasnt played the last two games so look at those game day threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

So you have no problems not seeing him again till the end of February?

Possibly for the rest of the season if the Sabres are not in the playoff hunt ?

Because that's were I'm at.

Can't wait to see Monday's practice lines.

If we see Mittelstadt in the NHL again this season, it probably doesn't bode well for where the Sabres are at. Nothing in his game leads me to believe 2 months in the AHL will make him ready to contribute at the NHL level. See ya next year, Mitts. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good.

I wonder if RK had to convince JB on this, and if so, how long and how much arguing it took, and if, as some have speculated, JB promised Mitts he wouldn't have to go to Rochester and they therefore had to convince Mitts.

In any case, as I've said previously, I don't want to see him here again until he lights up the AHL for at least 25-30 games.  He's not close to being ready.

I wonder this too.   

It's as if RK is serving as both president of hockey ops and Head Coach.   

If so, I'll allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe it took this long.

That is the kind of stuff that will make you question a GM. Just made no sense the way he was playing. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...