Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Weave said:

Given the frequency that college kids go the full 4 yrs and choose free agency, this may have been JBotts play to prevent losing the kid in a couple years.  I think that is the most likely scenario.

This actually does not happen very often.  For 1st round picks it’s almost unheard of.  For a top 10 pick?  I don’t think it’s ever happened.

2 hours ago, Reino23 said:

Kevin Hayes (2010) drafted by Chicago, played out in college then signed with NYR and also our new GM Kevyn Adams, drafted by Boston but decided to sign with Toronto after his college days were over.

Tom and I were talking specifically about high 1st round picks.

Casey played 1 year of college and doesn't understand how to play away from the puck. This hand ringing over what if he played all 4 years is funny. He should have spent another year in college or signed and then spent a full year in Rochester. If Mitts agreed to the handshake deal of NHL only and stuck with that, he has himself to blame. He can still reach his potential but I hope his attitude is different because he's not an NHL player yet. 

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Casey played 1 year of college and doesn't understand how to play away from the puck. This hand ringing over what if he played all 4 years is funny. He should have spent another year in college or signed and then spent a full year in Rochester. If Mitts agreed to the handshake deal of NHL only and stuck with that, he has himself to blame. He can still reach his potential but I hope his attitude is different because he's not an NHL player yet. 

I agree except I’ll reserve judgement on whether he is NHL ready until I see him in camp next fall.  Taylor was very complimentary on his improvement on the ice and off.

29 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree except I’ll reserve judgement on whether he is NHL ready until I see him in camp next fall.  Taylor was very complimentary on his improvement on the ice and off.

Based on interviews I have seen of Casey and despite his talent I question his attitude... not sure if coaching can find the right buttons to motivate him... hopefully they can but he seems too immature still.  Someone needs to light a fire under this guys arse.  Could be just hand holding and encouraging more not sure and occasional fire but the kid needs to grow up... too much awe shucks... not enough fire in the belly... bit like Sam early on... so there is hope... imo kid is extremely talented but.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, darksabre said:

Casey's development isn't the concern. It's that he spent a year in Buffalo and wasted our time.

Mittelstadt is a bust and is going to remain that way.

Looking back at Botterill's three years in Buffalo, we have very little fresh blood in the organization to show for it.

Cozens looks like a solid hit, but who knows. 

Then there's UPL.  Beyond that...

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Mittelstadt is a bust and is going to remain that way.

Looking back at Botterill's three years in Buffalo, we have very little fresh blood in the organization to show for it.

Cozens looks like a solid hit, but who knows. 

Then there's UPL.  Beyond that...

With the number of people who feel this way, the number of complaints about “Black Tuesday” is eyebrow raising.

Im going to start calling it “Unicorns, Rainbows and Jujubes Tuesday”

Go Kevyn. Go Ralph. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

With the number of people who feel this way, the number of complaints about “Black Tuesday” is eyebrow raising.

Im going to start calling it “Unicorns, Rainbows and Jujubes Tuesday”

Go Kevyn. Go Ralph. 

I was going to request that the jujubes don't have the awful licorice flavor, but then I realized I was mixing up jujubes and jujyfruit.  Seinfeld has too much power over me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.