GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Make that move and in two years Pastrnak  will turn soft and Eichel would become a Hart Trophy Candidate 

This sentiment is correct. Eichel has a laundry list of flaws, and Pastrnak is great, but he's playing with two of the best overall hockey players on the planet.

The number of players who could swap out with Jack, and make a meaningful difference (like, jump the gap to playoffs) on this team while changing NOTHING else, is very small. As has been the case since forever, the best path forward is adding more good players to the ones we already have, focusing our efforts and assets on that

The grass is always greener and our roster outside of Jack and his top line friends is about as bare bones as it can get in this league of parity 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Doohickie said:

I've seen enough,  yeah.

I'm not on a crusade mind you, because I do like some of his play. But if I was to be completely honest with myself, which I am, 10 million a season for this guy?

No thanks. He'd make a decent 2nd line center though, at least in my dream of a competitive team.

My take? Find a sucker, drain them for everything you can to right the ship here. Shaves that money off the cap and move on from it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It happens a lot more with Risto-McCabe out there, McCabe had another one his next shift 

They are bad and tradeable.  I would trade at least one of them when Bogo gets back.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

This sentiment is correct. Eichel has a laundry list of flaws, and Pastrnak is great, but he's playing with two of the best overall hockey players on the planet.

The number of players who could swap out with Jack, and make a meaningful difference (like, jump the gap to playoffs) on this team while changing NOTHING else, is very small. As has been the case since forever, the best path forward is adding more good players to the ones we already have, focusing our efforts and assets on that

Yeah, trading top six forwards for other top six forwards isn't the way to dig this franchise out of the hole.  Adding top six forwards to the four good forwards on the roster is the better plan.

Unfortunately, Botterill favors trading top six forwards for trash.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, pretty much the same roster as last season save what? 3, 4 players?

The definition of insanity.

IN ... Joker, johansson, Lazar, Vesey, Olofsson, Montour, Gilmore

OUT ... Beauileu, Guhle, Nylander, Pominville, Tennyson, O’Regan

I may be forgetting a player or two.

to me, that’s pretty active ... 

the quality or effectiveness of the moves is a different subject entirely. And has been debated to death.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I still think they bring the grit we are lacking to much.

Not one of their gloves ever hits the ice.  Risto’s never will.  He hits but mostly with late crosschecks after the whistle.  

McCabe has no  grit. 

We we need to trade something to get something.  Get rid of these two before their value goes away. 

Just now, Zamboni said:

IN ... Joker, johansson, Lazar, Vesey, Olofsson, Montour, Gilmore

OUT ... Beauileu, Guhle, Nylander, Pominville, Tennyson, O’Regan

I may be forgetting a player or two.

to me, that’s pretty active ... 

the quality or effectiveness of the moves is a different subject entirely. And has been debated to death.

Thank you. More than I thought.

Not sure what the issue is then. Coaching change, same results, player change ups, same results.

Something isn't jiving here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.