GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Of course that stuff would show up on the stats. His pair wouldn't be getting caved in their own zone the entire game (which the numbers bear out) if he was exiting the zone so excellently so often. 

I'm not arguing about this anymore. His D pair ALWAYS gets caved. Check the stats. If they aren't enough, they aren't enough.

We will not be a good team, ever, if he's leading this team in ice time. 

He is MEDIOCRE to a T. That's it. And you don't win if your team's ice time leader is a mediocre player. I'm totally good with having him if they actually EVER did what they said they needed to do, and play him less. 

They lean on him too much. I don't care why, it shouldn't be happening. 

If I agreed with you then we'd both be wrong.?

My thing that I'm saying a lot this year is that all these guys think they're Stamkos and can pick corners all day. Watch Tampa's other stars. Good goal scorers are good precisely because they don't always try to roof the puck, there are other much better areas to shoot that don't clear the zone if you miss by an inch

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

If I agreed with you then we'd both be wrong.?

Why do you not care that the stats illustrate that the play always favors the other team when he's on the ice?

Either you think it's his fault, or you don't. I don't care. But you should then agree he shouldn't be playing this much.

If you think his usage is appropriate for a winning hockey team, I really, really don't know what to say. You'd be wrong. 

@SwampD I think you're right about Eichel holding onto the puck too long plenty of times, but sometimes, like that shift, I'm looking everywhere else, and Risto there was the FIRST Sabre to finally get their stick in a position to catch a pass, and it took about 30 seconds of Jack skating back and forth looking and looking

I think a lot of times our off-puck skaters have absolutely no idea where to go 

An extreme contrast would be watching Auston Matthews when he doesn't have the puck 

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Of course that stuff would show up on the stats. His pair wouldn't be getting caved in their own zone the entire game (which the numbers bear out) if he was exiting the zone so excellently so often. 

I'm not arguing about this anymore. His D pair ALWAYS gets caved. Check the stats. If they aren't enough, they aren't enough.

We will not be a good team, ever, if he's leading this team in ice time. 

He is MEDIOCRE to a T. That's it. And you don't win if your team's ice time leader is a mediocre player. I'm totally good with having him if they actually EVER did what they said they needed to do, and play him less. 

They lean on him too much. I don't care why, it shouldn't be happening. 

Getting him away from McCabe and reducing his TOI is a nice great start. As Swamp mentioned he is better with Pilut. 

54 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, pretty much the same roster as last season save what? 3, 4 players?

The definition of insanity.

This is the definition of insanity.  
in·san·i·ty
/inˈsanədē/
noun

1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

What you are referring to is a misattributed quote from Albert Einstein but its actual roots are akin to this:

This quote may have actually originated with a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet two years earlier, according to the website Quote Investigator. Printed in 1981, the pamphlet offers a slightly different version of the saying: “Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.”
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Brawndo said:

Getting him away from McCabe and reducing his TOI is a nice great start. As Swamp mentioned he is better with Pilut. 

Sure. Like I said, we may not be able to bridge the gap completely regarding how we view him as a player, necessarily, but it's obvious your team isn't going to find success if he's a 25+ minute workhorse. He's not good enough for THAT. 

Perfect time for a shorty.

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

@SwampD I think you're right about Eichel holding onto the puck too long plenty of times, but sometimes, like that shift, I'm looking everywhere else, and Risto there was the FIRST Sabre to finally get their stick in a position to catch a pass, and it took about 30 seconds of Jack skating back and forth looking and looking

I think a lot of times our off-puck skaters have absolutely no idea where to go 

An extreme contrast would be watching Auston Matthews when he doesn't have the puck 

It's why I won't overly judge any of our D. D is a five man operation and our forwards have been terrible for too long.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.