GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Aho has balls.  I wish we had him. 

All I'm saying is, the dude signed an offer sheet for far, far less than I would have offered him, and he would have been worth it 

We could have realistically offered one that Carolina would have been either too nauseous to pay, or actually would have put them in money troubles had they matched

But we let MTL give a pathetic offer sheet to him instead that just helped Carolina out 

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well we kept him over locker room cancer Ryan O'Reilly. Slapped a C on him. And where are we?

I am half-kidding but I wonder what he could fetch you?

The ROR example is exactly why the merry go round of blaming good players at a meta level (ie not just criticizing their play,which is certainly allowed) is silly and always leaves you in the same spot you were in before, watching said player win Selkes and Conn Smythe trophies after convincing yourselves he was a cancer of a human being and the reason your bad season happened the way it did

The problems with this team have been clear and well documented for years, and are demonstrably still present

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

We're in this game because of him.

Ya he had a really nice kick save there.

He's still mediocre and we suck when he plays this many minutes. It's been years. Time and time and time again the stats illustrate that everyone that plays with him gets worse. He has a negative affect on the game. 

It. don't. work.

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

All I'm saying is, the dude signed an offer sheet for far, far less than I would have offered him, and he would have been worth it 

We could have realistically offered one that Carolina would have been either too nauseous to pay, or actually would have put them in money troubles had they matched

But we let MTL give a pathetic offer sheet to him instead that just helped Carolina out 

A call was made, Aho’s Desire to really leave Carolina was dubious at best

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The ROR example is exactly why the merry go round of blaming good players at a meta level (ie not just criticizing their play,which is certainly allowed) is silly and always leaves you in the same spot you were in before, watching said player win Selkes and Conn Smythe trophies after convincing yourselves he was a cancer of a human being and the reason your bad season happened the way it did

The problems with this team have been clear and well documented for years, and are demonstrably still present

I didn’t convince myself that ROR was a cancer. Heard it bandied aboot here off n on. Of course the return JBot got was fair value for a locker room cancer, not a Conn Smythe and Stanley can winner.

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya he had a really nice kick save there.

He's still mediocre and we suck when he plays this many minutes. It's been years. Time and time and time again the stats illustrate that everyone that plays with him gets worse. He has a negative affect on the game. 

It. don't. work.

Pilut's better with him.

If there is a 50/50 puck on the endwall, there is nobody else I would want trying to get it (maybe Scandy). Dozens upon dozens of times a game, he gets it, slide it to his partner behind the net and they exit the zone (if the wingers don't wet themselves near the blue line.) Doesn't show up on any stat.

It's not our defense that is the problem.

It's not our defense that is the problem.

Needed to say that twice cuz it's been true for years.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Aho and Eichel as our top centers and this team looks a lot better.  

Ok Dream over 

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Pilut's better with him.

If there is a 50/50 puck on the endwall, there is nobody else I would want trying to get it (maybe Scandy). Dozens upon dozens of times a game, he gets it, slide it to his partner behind the net and they exit the zone (if the wingers don't wet themselves near the blue line. Doesn't show up on any stat.

It's not our defense that is the problem.

It's not our defense that is the problem.

Needed to say that twice cuz it's been true for years.

Of course that stuff would show up on the stats. His pair wouldn't be getting caved in their own zone the entire game (which the numbers bear out) if he was exiting the zone so excellently so often. 

I'm not arguing about this anymore. His D pair ALWAYS gets caved. Check the stats. If they aren't enough, they aren't enough.

We will not be a good team, ever, if he's leading this team in ice time. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Risto is worse at hockey than Swamp lets on, but on the other end he's become such a meme for the entire rest of the fanbase that overall he's underrated 

He is MEDIOCRE to a T. That's it. And you don't win if your team's ice time leader is a mediocre player. I'm totally good with having him if they actually EVER did what they said they needed to do, and play him less. 

They lean on him too much. I don't care why, it shouldn't be happening. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.