GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That risk is back to morgue status 

PK is a problem.  If McCabe doesn’t hit, or enforce, or play a good PK then what good is he? 

He's not. Unless Laine is playing. 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

One of the things that annoys me with him and Dahlin is they seem to lack a sense of urgency. Their calmness can be an asset at times but they are too relaxed for important moments.

I'm not ready to compare Dahlin to Eichel in that regard. Dahlin at times looks tentative or overconfident with it, but their body language isn't similar, and Dahlin also doesn't have to worry about driving the net, really. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Boston would love him. The whole local boy thing and their star centers are aging into the mid 30's rapidly.

Buffalo needs goal scoring, along with tenacity.

Pastrnak and Coyle for Eichel? I'd pull that trigger, Pastrnak is a beast on the puck.

Pastrnak is producing at about double the rate for about half the cost so, I don't think the Bruins make that move

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Eichel plays the game waaaay too casually.

How do you mean?

I've been converted on this issue. When he is away from the puck, he does look casual, but he is big enough and skilled enough to be in the right place while conserving energy. Watch McDavid. He does the same thing. They both kick it into gear when they get the puck. But my problem is when he has the puck, he doesn't use his line mates anymore (like he did at the beginning of the season.) I can't think of a meaningful pass not on the PP by him to a line mate in the last 10 games.

Edited by SwampD

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

How do you mean?

I've been converted on this issue. When he is away from the puck, he does look casual, but he is big enough and skilled enough to be in the right place while conserving energy. Watch McDavid. He does the same thing. They both kick it into gear when they get the puck. But my problem is when he has the puck, he doesn't use his line mates anymore (like he did at the beginning of the season.) I can't think of a meaningful pass by him to a line mate in the last 10 games.

He doesn't drive to the net, he's kind of a perimeter player. A very good one, but one nonetheless. 

Quick, name the last time he roofed one from the slot. Ala Briere on that breakaway vs Carolina in 06, I think game 3. 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

He doesn't drive to the net, he's kind of a perimeter player. A very good one, but one nonetheless. 

He tries, but he's usually met by three defenders and loses the puck. That should be two the uncovered guys. Where are they?

Edited by SwampD

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He tries, but he's usually met by three defenders and loses the puck. That should be two the uncovered guys. Where are they?

But I mean it never happens. I get he's usually covered, but he never does it. 

He's a 28 goal scorer with the talent of a 50 goal guy

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.